No announcement yet.

Citizens and PRs debate primary 1 registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to hear that your daughter is happy in RPS.. I didn't expect ballot will be needed for <1km for MGS this year, if I know, I think I will put her in RPS also, no worry mah...

btw, my cousin was grad from nanyang pri, honestly not so fantastic also..

Originally posted by pet View Post
    heng sway ah, i think some yr might see less thn 10% ... hahahha

me also from nanyang, but i didnt grad psle there... so they say no count ...

so LL got to apply at 2c. from past record . if u stay abv 1km, dont go apply at 2c, sure no chance 1.... i didnt, so i apply at rgs and got in.

i got to do some explaination to my daughtter... ( cos dun 1 to break children heart mah and disappoint her )...... cos she was frm nanyang kindergarden, abt 80% of her frd wnt in nanyang.... and i didnt get her in nanyang...

anyway... after a couple of wks no problem leow lah, now if u wnt to change her to nanyang, she also dont 1 lah.... she still keep contact with nanyang kinder frd, jst wnt to one ex-kinder frd's birthday party .

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      Happy to hear that your daughter is happy in RPS.. I didn't expect ballot will be needed for <1km for MGS this year, if I know, I think I will put her in RPS also, no worry mah...

btw, my cousin was grad from nanyang pri, honestly not so fantastic also..
      so u ballot in or not ? u stay bt timah rite ? rgps also quite near.

my girl's chinese tutor , ex-teacher at nanyang .. she also say aiyo... jia lark lah... in nanyang scold student abit, they go bck and complain leow, thn teacher kanna... if student drop grade, teacher there will recommend seek outside help... ( get a tutor loh )... so those go there must be rich enough to get tutor for kids loh... end conclusion, good sch dont mean good teacher, ... cos got good parents to get tutorssss ... hahahhaa

i believe her... cos was at nanyang kinder picking up my son ( nursery nia )... NNB ay, also tell me my son slow in speech, ask me to get outside help... basket now i end up paying $135/ hr speech lesson for my son ( once weekly ).... ... long gone are the good teacher who will pay special attend and aid yr kid loh...

Comment

my girl's chinese tutor , ex-teacher at nanyang .. she also say aiyo... jia lark lah... in nanyang scold student abit, they go bck and complain leow, thn teacher kanna... if student drop grade, teacher there will recommend seek outside help... ( get a tutor loh )... so those go there must be rich enough to get tutor for kids loh... end conclusion, good sch dont mean good teacher, ... cos got good parents to get tutorssss ... hahahhaa

i believe her... cos was at nanyang kinder picking up my son ( nursery nia )... NNB ay, also tell me my son slow in speech, ask me to get outside help... basket now i end up paying $135/ hr speech lesson for my son ( once weekly ).... ... long gone are the good teacher who will pay special attend and aid yr kid loh...
        Actually, I disagree on that. Perhaps the reason why the teacher told you to get your son additional help was because pre-school teachers are not trained to aid kids with special needs. In fact, not all mainstream teachers are actually trained to deal with special kids. This is the reason why many parents want to send their kids to top-tier primary schools as they are normally the ones with special needs staff.

Most kids in good schools do well because they have the additional practice. No matter how good a tutor is, he/she is still not familiar with the way an exam paper is set or the range of accepted answers which will vary from year to year depending on SEAB. That is the reason why so many teachers are not willing to be tutors because the job scope is already so demanding. Afterall, work is never completely done. There are always worksheets to plan, curriculum to review, targets to set and of course tests and examination papers to set.

Comment

She got in... really lucky...

Comment

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
            Actually, I disagree on that. Perhaps the reason why the teacher told you to get your son additional help was because pre-school teachers are not trained to aid kids with special needs. In fact, not all mainstream teachers are actually trained to deal with special kids. This is the reason why many parents want to send their kids to top-tier primary schools as they are normally the ones with special needs staff.

Most kids in good schools do well because they have the additional practice. No matter how good a tutor is, he/she is still not familiar with the way an exam paper is set or the range of accepted answers which will vary from year to year depending on SEAB. That is the reason why so many teachers are not willing to be tutors because the job scope is already so demanding. Afterall, work is never completely done. There are always worksheets to plan, curriculum to review, targets to set and of course tests and examination papers to set.
            agree...

...but i wht i trying to say is .. spending of parents do play a part in maintaining good sch track record

She got in... really lucky...
            hahaha... heng ah, if not u kpkb here leow loh... hahahhahaa

the only other sch avail after 2c .. i think the one inside toh tuck there.... .. hahaha

Comment

me ish not planing to have kids.

let the FT, PR, etc etc come and take over bah. me ish don care liaoz.

don want to make my son do NS in future. How to explain to him that he has to use 2 yrs of his life + 13 yrs reservice, in the end, PR can come and go as they please and stil have so similar advantages?

furthermore, its so obvious that PR that wrote the letter doesnt love Singapore. To them, here is just an opportunity. if don get what they want, they will just pack up and leave (i.e. if her girl no get to good sch, why should they stay?)

stayed 6 years and stilll refusing to give up citizenship is most prob they plan to go back in the future. Like this can take back CPF with them mah.
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                me ish not planing to have kids.

let the FT, PR, etc etc come and take over bah. me ish don care liaoz.

don want to make my son do NS in future. How to explain to him that he has to use 2 yrs of his life + 13 yrs reservice, in the end, PR can come and go as they please and stil have so similar advantages?

furthermore, its so obvious that PR that wrote the letter doesnt love Singapore. To them, here is just an opportunity. if don get what they want, they will just pack up and leave (i.e. if her girl no get to good sch, why should they stay?)

stayed 6 years and stilll refusing to give up citizenship is most prob they plan to go back in the future. Like this can take back CPF with them mah.
                That is not too hurt my friend, the worst i have encountered personally, a PRC friend of mine after taking singapore citizen (90% of the time staying in America now) for the sick of convienence, they intend to use it as a stepping stone to migrate to American and also its easy for them to travel around in EU & America without much hassle.

If I am given a luxury to hold a Singapore passport, why not make full use it since it is free and our gahment is a willing (desperate) party.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
                  That is not too hurt my friend, the worst i have encountered personally, a PRC friend of mine after taking singapore citizen (90% of the time staying in America now) for the sick of convienence, they intend to use it as a stepping stone to migrate to American and also its easy for them to travel around in EU & America without much hassle.

If I am given a luxury to hold a Singapore passport, why not make full use it since it is free and our gahment is a willing (desperate) party.
                  of cos must choose mah... if u multi millionaire, sg is ok to settle down..
                  if just working cls, choose where gv u the most quality, comfortable and retirement benefit mah. dont blame them lah

Comment

yes yes very heng... but I also want to kpkb here... that school got 37 space avail yet 41 kids less than 1 km applied... why can't they just take all of them???? Only 4 extra what.... that poor 4 kids didn't get in have to travel a distance to their school in the future.... why can't the school be more flexible???

hahaha... heng ah, if not u kpkb here leow loh... hahahhahaa

the only other sch avail after 2c .. i think the one inside toh tuck there.... .. hahaha

Comment

yes yes very heng... but I also want to kpkb here... that school got 37 space avail yet 41 kids less than 1 km applied... why can't they just take all of them???? Only 4 extra what.... that poor 4 kids didn't get in have to travel a distance to their school in the future.... why can't the school be more flexible???

ya loh, i also dont f-ing get it... 29 in the cls, add 1 more ( make it 30 per cls ) for 4 classes nia... can leow loh....really siow. .. i think sch should be allow to decide on these +/- 10 application.

u got boy or not ??? if got even more jia lark .... where i stay only henry park or pei hua within 2km... both also hot.... KNN... other thn these 2, some bt timah sch which i never hear of. Nanyang, i slightly outta 2...

if u got boy, better join old boys. .... i need to reg for my boy in 2011

Comment

of cos must choose mah... if u multi millionaire, sg is ok to settle down..
                        if just working cls, choose where gv u the most quality, comfortable and retirement benefit mah. dont blame them lah
                        If i am a multi millionaire not few millionaire I will choose to go Hong Kong rather than SGP. You get to live at the Peak or the Villa facing the south china sea. Fly in style with a Heli from one building to another for biz meeting or a get away with a luxury yacht over the weekend. Enjoy the best quality of food & service you can get there....

That is why you see more successful businessman there as compared to here. We are not to blame but the policies here do not really give us the chance to do so.

Comment

Bro Frogmen, if you are so rich that can fly in style with a Heli, I think anywhere in the world is a Heaven to you....

Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
                          If i am a multi millionaire not few millionaire I will choose to go Hong Kong rather than SGP. You get to live at the Peak or the Villa facing the south china sea. Fly in style with a Heli from one building to another for biz meeting or a get away with a luxury yacht over the weekend. Enjoy the best quality of food & service you can get there....

That is why you see more successful businessman there as compared to here. We are not to blame but the policies here do not really give us the chance to do so.

Comment

multi millionaire, i think they look for security nia... anything else is secondary mah... wu lui kia si ... hahaha

i dont neeed the peak, cos i can jet ard the world to enjoy, but home must be secured ... and safe, political stable... tht i mst admit sg gov good at... but thn again... targeting rich...... so mid cls and below need to look after

Comment

I mentioned HK because, in my personal opinion feel very at home as the majority of the population are chinese and the hinderland they could rely on.

I am not trying to indirecting at anyone. I am born and raise here. In the heirloom i am considered the 3rd generation Singaporean residing here. Singapore is where i call home. Served, completed the national service and the 13 year cycle . Singapore is very small without any natural resources and venerable to all kinds of threats be it terriorist or financial influence.

We do not have a mother land where we can rely on. How long can Singapore survive, no body knows. Lets hope for the best and will remain to prosperous for a long time!

Comment

Pri 1

Hi bros, think the topic a very interesting one. I'm also one of the panic to be parents as my kid is due for registration next june. me still havnt start any PV, not yet situate myself within 1km of the desired sch for my kid all becos my 2nd is going to due soon and I need dmestic help from my in laws who stay in a place out of the schools of our desire. Frankly, i was disgusted by the registration process for P1 though my wife is a teacher. As I prowl around for schools, I actually discovered that many NH schools are with lots of vacancies, but we know that those are usually the ones that reside at the bottom of the comparison tables.

I feel that its such an irony to see such situations as there are indeed many schools around, but being a parent that wants the best for our precious ones, especially to start from young, we will all go raging at the better schools. sorry to say but if a top sch is 2 km from my place with 10 slots and 20 competitors as compared to a top from the bottom sch that is 1 km from my place with 100 slots and no competitor, I'll still try for the former . The reason being the gaps between them are just to great at this moment. I feel that one way that the ministry can ease such pain is to close up the standard gaps between the schools, meaning to strengthen the schools that are at the bottom of the tables and lift up their standards so that eventually parents know that it doesn't matter which school their kids are going into. I'm one of those who believes that all kids are born equal,my kids are not really smarter than yours and neither is yours really smarter than mine. The differences are in what we feed them, what we teach them and how we groom them.... My Apologies for the long opinion.... No offence here to anyone!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X