No announcement yet.

Citizens and PRs debate primary 1 registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

majority of us apply at phrase 2c, while the minority apply at earlier prase. but during these earlier phrase, majority of the seats will be taken up at 'good' sch.

it depends on where u stay,
    hdb estate also got more popular sch. eg, Jurong, there's a Rulang pri..hot sch...thot there's lot of other sch choices ard.

Comment

This thread is getting to be really interesting. Honestly, MOE does not send the cream of its crop to the supposed top schools. Of course the GE prog is entirely different and teachers who teach GE are actually invited to that department. But for the mainstream, the entire curriculum is the same. If you have been following trends, the top PSLE student is normally not from a branded school. Branded schools give the impression that they do well for only two reasons. 1)The GE cohort there bumps up their grades. 2) Affliation to a branded sec school makes it such that other candidates have to score really high marks to enter, thus giving the impression that so and so pri school is good.

Comment

Affliation to branded sec school is a strong selling point... so pri school good or not, is not very important...

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
        This thread is getting to be really interesting. Honestly, MOE does not send the cream of its crop to the supposed top schools. Of course the GE prog is entirely different and teachers who teach GE are actually invited to that department. But for the mainstream, the entire curriculum is the same. If you have been following trends, the top PSLE student is normally not from a branded school. Branded schools give the impression that they do well for only two reasons. 1)The GE cohort there bumps up their grades. 2) Affliation to a branded sec school makes it such that other candidates have to score really high marks to enter, thus giving the impression that so and so pri school is good.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
          Affliation to branded sec school is a strong selling point... so pri school good or not, is not very important...
          That is the reason why branded sec schools are starting to increase their cut-off points for their affiliated pri schools so that the bridge between those entering via affiliation vs the others becomes smaller

Comment

That's why I put my girl into MGS... no need to stress again for her PSLE... and you can see why MGS and SCGS is so hot when compared with RPS

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
            That is the reason why branded sec schools are starting to increase their cut-off points for their affiliated pri schools so that the bridge between those entering via affiliation vs the others becomes smaller

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              That's why I put my girl into MGS... no need to stress again for her PSLE... and you can see why MGS and SCGS is so hot when compared with RPS
              Excellent choice! Affiliation is set all the way to ACJC!

Comment

whn i reg for my girl, i no choice, both mngs & rgs 1-2km, rgs got better chance

but my boy 1 ... 2011... reg acs.. .. earlier phrase

Comment

Good luck! earlier phase should be no problem.

Originally posted by pet View Post
                  whn i reg for my girl, i no choice, both mngs & rgs 1-2km, rgs got better chance

but my boy 1 ... 2011... reg acs.. .. earlier phrase

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X