No announcement yet.

Why do people wear fake watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think if I were to buy a high quality replica, it will most probably be because I wanted to try the weight and size of a real one like the deepsea.
    Present:

Rolex TT Sunburst 116613LB
    Hublot 301.SB.131.RX BB Steel Ceramic
    IWC 377717 Le Petit Prince

Comment

• haolian

Comment

• Affordability. And pragmatism. With replicas and counterfeits now so common and of a high quality (China can make fake babies at this rate), more and more are turning to something that cost less than $1K, than something that looks similar and feels more or less the same but at 10-20 times the value.

Comment

• Haha wanna look rich but actually are not!

But i do agree, i once asked my boss if his dad has ever tried wearing head to toe GRADE AAA replice stuff belt etc. Cause tbh given his status he wear fake also nobody will ask! Power of the rich

Comment

• Well you'll be surprised many rich do wear fakes for kicks.

Comment

• For face lo and cuz not many ppl will be able to tell at a glance

Comment

• Technically it supports counterfeiting. Also some wearers have no malicious intent, one could always question what else was fake
                TAG Heuer Formula 1 Grande Date 42 WAU1110.FT6024
                Omega Speedmaster Professional 42 MM 3573.50
                Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Ultra Thin 2788520
                Casio A168WA-1YES
                Hublot Chelsea Classic Fusion 521.NX.7119.LR.CFC16
                NOMOS Glashütte Tangente 139
                Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A-001

Comment

• because no money to buy real one and can fake ppl thinking its real?

Comment

• Well, sometimes the original watch is limited ed and cannot be found anymore in resale?
                    Others would be cant afford the real deal

Comment

• sorry but i really think that wearing fake actually not cheating others but yourself.

For those claim to be "rich" and wear fake, I just don't understand their philosophy in life.

obsession with materialism? just buy what you could afford.

Comment

• I know of a guy who wore the real stuff. Then he fell on hard times and when his creditors pressured him, he pawned the real stuff, and used fakes.

Comment

• u know why

cuz they are not you

Comment

• Because they don't think it is worth the money to buy real if the fake function almost like the real.

Comment

• Fake watches for Fake people

Comment

• Why do people wears fake? that's a good society question.
                                I believed we are living in a materialistic environment,constantly been challenge sub-consciously to be better than neighbor so faking it seems like the closest till hopefully one day becomes a dream comes true.
                                This does not just apply to Rolex as it is commonly view as a status symbol, it apply to all "branded" products, travelling to overseas has help me to observe the obvious. Glad that i am Singaporean, and wishing all a Great Chinese New Year.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X