Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Preference for our First Anniversary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estimated price..

http://www.orchidclub.com/moby/cms/m.../packages.html

Can hit ard $40-50+ per pax.. including buffet dinner and use of function room..
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
      Alot of bros here are country club members.... their function room also much cheaper to rent than hotel... any1 can help??
      it's cheaper, but for bros with no car hor, problem leh... esp if golf or yacht club.

louis, after head count thn decide, if only 20, ballroom also a problem... 20 might as well end up in those restuarant with priavate din room

Comment

One very important principal consideration is the amount of funds that we can play around with. Think we have to firm this up before deciding on the concept and the venue.

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but what is comfortable for some of us may not be comfortable for others. Even for normal gatherings, it is hard to get good attendances.

Some may even be reluctant to pay and many come to this forum just for information.

One possible avenue for funds is from the charity auctions which we had earlier on. Think we've collected $2K plus already. The plan to do charity is a good one, but perhaps we can do this after the anniversary? We can make use of these funds first. During the function (dinner or buffet), we can hold more auctions for charity. If the attendance is good, the potential to collect more funds may be higher.

Comments, pls?
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
          One very important principal consideration is the amount of funds that we can play around with. Think we have to firm this up before deciding on the concept and the venue.

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but what is comfortable for some of us may not be comfortable for others. Even for normal gatherings, it is hard to get good attendances.

Some may even be reluctant to pay and many come to this forum just for information.

One possible avenue for funds is from the charity auctions which we had earlier on. Think we've collected $2K plus already. The plan to do charity is a good one, but perhaps we can do this after the anniversary? We can make use of these funds first. During the function (dinner or buffet), we can hold more auctions for charity. If the attendance is good, the potential to collect more funds may be higher.

Comments, pls?
          do we still have items available?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

We do have some watches donated by pet...
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              Think pet still has some unsold items. IIRC, there're some items w/o buyers too. I'm willing to come out with another watch for auction during the dinner if it does happen

I'm sure some of us don't mind chipping in and sourcing for more items to sell for the purpose of charity

Since the anniversary is time sensitive and if not done by mid Jun it loses its significance, why don't we channel the funds to it first? I mean the forum will be here for long, and we're growing. I'm sure one day we'll grow big enough to contribute more than a meagre $2K plus for charity?

Comment

Think pet still has some unsold items. IIRC, there're some items w/o buyers too. I'm willing to come out with another watch for auction during the dinner if it does happen

I'm sure some of us don't mind chipping in and sourcing for more items to sell for the purpose of charity

Since the anniversary is time sensitive and if not done by mid Jun it loses its significance, why don't we channel the funds to it first? I mean the forum will be here for long, and we're growing. I'm sure one day we'll grow big enough to contribute more than a meagre $2K plus for charity?
                if my quartz tag Formula 1 comes out of the restoration project in time, i will donate 1.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

if my quartz tag Formula 1 comes out of the restoration project in time, i will donate 1.
                  See... We've generous ppl in this forum

Comment

Comments, pls?
                    Agreed But we need more items haha

That's the big question haha...

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                    Estimated price..

http://www.orchidclub.com/moby/cms/m.../packages.html

Can hit ard $40-50+ per pax.. including buffet dinner and use of function room..
                    Not bad...

Originally posted by pet View Post
                    it's cheaper, but for bros with no car hor, problem leh... esp if golf or yacht club.

louis, after head count thn decide, if only 20, ballroom also a problem... 20 might as well end up in those restuarant with priavate din room
                    OCC got shuttle bus

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

If the others dun disagree,I am ok.

Sounds gd...

Comment

Had a conversation with pet and we thought about it. May not be so ideal after all to make use of funds from the charity auctions, since the buyers bidded for the items with the impression that it's for charity.

So maybe we should just leave those funds as they are and only utilise them for charity purposes.

That being said, it really leaves us with little funds. A Dinner & Dance is a bit tough because we have limited funds. If we only have $5-$10 per head type, we don't have much options. Even a buffet will cost $12/head and that's excluding door gift and venue costs.

Unless the expected turnout is resounding, maybe something plain like a BBQ will suffice?

Comment

Had a conversation with pet and we thought about it. May not be so ideal after all to make use of funds from the charity auctions, since the buyers bidded for the items with the impression that it's for charity.

So maybe we should just leave those funds as they are and only utilise them for charity purposes.

That being said, it really leaves us with little funds. A Dinner & Dance is a bit tough because we have limited funds. If we only have $5-$10 per head type, we don't have much options. Even a buffet will cost $12/head and that's excluding door gift and venue costs.

Unless the expected turnout is resounding, maybe something plain like a BBQ will suffice?
                          Ook I am ok with anything...

So you want to make it like FOC or have to pay? I think something like a BBQ is not bad...

Comment

i agree with pet. after all, when people bidded for items, most people believe the money going to a good cause for the needy.

till now, there is still no signs of those interested. to make it easier. why not have a cut off date. if louis is able to mass mail all sorry if it is spam, check with them if they interested turn up for either a BBQ gathering or otherwise @ a cost of say $30/pax. i think this amount should be reasonable for most people. if they do not reply by say next monday. then work with the numbers on hand. easier.

make the email as concise as possible.

something like celebrating sg-roc first anniversary.
                            Can bring significant half and kids.
                            BBQ gathering @ 30/pax.
                            Kindly confirm number of adults if attending by 14/04/08.

apologise for not being able to reply queries. this is because if have to reply all queries, too much time wasted. imagine email to 1000 members. 5% reply with queries, sure jialat. anyway i think this celebration, other than the mods. i guess general members max is 20. dont forsee overwhelming response.
                            Last edited by triton; 09-04-08, 07:54 PM.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              Ook I am ok with anything...

So you want to make it like FOC or have to pay? I think something like a BBQ is not bad...
                              Maybe cap it to no more than $8/head? And those who come will be given a sg-roc t-shirt or sg-roc watch pouch? BBQ will be economical and easy to coordinate and prepare.

D&D is very grand and it'll be great if it can happen. But we need v strong support. How many of the forumers are active ones? And of these active ones, how many really come in to "Kopi Talk"?

Comment

Maybe cap it to no more than $8/head? And those who come will be given a sg-roc t-shirt or sg-roc watch pouch? BBQ will be economical and easy to coordinate and prepare.
                                8/pax? location dont need to pay meh?

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X