which one will you choose and why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one will you choose and why

say you can get a BNIB rolex from a seller *non-commercial* @ $X. then u did some homework and found out that commercial seller can sell @ $X as well.

which one will you choose?
    BNIB from Private Seller/Dealer
    27.27%
    Commercial Seller
    72.73%
    Neither
    0.00%
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Will choose a commercial seller over the private dealer of course. Will only get from pte dealer if the difference in price is significant
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
      Will choose a commercial seller over the private dealer of course. Will only get from pte dealer if the difference in price is significant

Ditto
      "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Yah. I second
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

ermm...but what price difference then can consider as significant?

cheers...

Originally posted by minusplus View Post

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            say you can get a BNIB rolex from a seller *non-commercial* @ $X. then u did some homework and found out that commercial seller can sell @ $X as well.

which one will you choose?
            thru AD..

thru private BNIB, min 15% or 1k savings, thn i bite..

Comment

i think we are all unified on this front. must have good savings to invite us to bite on pte listings.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Commercial seller...well in a way more reliable...chances of him running away is lesser IMO. Private dealer I think,I am like everyone else....would go only if savings is gd

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

for me is simple. unless a BNIB and the one @ AD has a differential of another min 15% different, then i will consider. else, if less than 150, i will still need to bring to RSC for verification. unless all stickers, plastic are still intact.

however, unlike pet, 1k is still not enticing enough.

why? i will still need to bring a loupe to check from a private seller. sometimes, BNIB does not really mean BNIB because i know of people who wear it for a week and then pass it off as BNIB rather than LNIB. because light scuff are hard to detect with the naked eye.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    for me is simple. unless a BNIB and the one @ AD has a differential of another min 15% different, then i will consider. else, if less than 150, i will still need to bring to RSC for verification. unless all stickers, plastic are still intact.

however, unlike pet, 1k is still not enticing enough.

why? i will still need to bring a loupe to check from a private seller. sometimes, BNIB does not really mean BNIB because i know of people who wear it for a week and then pass it off as BNIB rather than LNIB. because light scuff are hard to detect with the naked eye.
                    even with all stickers and plastic intact does not prove that the watch can not be worn or is BNIB.
                    the first time i went to AD to buy new watch we also take loupe to check out, as we know sometimes QC may miss things out, and in the so called service society, it is very hard to argue with retailers if anything arise after paying.
                    so better to check and scrutinise the package before plonking down ANY money at anyones shop.
                    i was once offered a 116233 for S$8k. i did not jump on the deal because the guy had no shop and the price is not that good, considering that new watch for the model was about 9K-ish
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X