No announcement yet.

A Thought to Ponder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just believe in yours and don do bad stuffs (not those kill ppl put fire type) then i guess it ok liao. Remember there are only a few religions, but there are many different type of ppl. it we that choose religion, not religion choose us. it all boils down to the behaviour of that individual, to make the religion seems bright or dark, not the religion itself

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
      hahaha....

wee SEasian all funy lah... Christianity & Islam ( been in tis region for few hundred yrs nia ).. .. and we come out with all these non-sense...hahahhaa

all religion = good... handful of minority believer = bad ...

u ever hear children ( who's christain ) refuse to light joss stick for parents who pass away ?? ... wow lau... its jst paying respect nia mah... ddunno how come cannot use joss stick pay respect to parents...

another story... tis 1 very funny...man who's a buddist pass away... the children being christain give him a christain burial... haha... man go haunt his best friend, gv him dream, tell him he lost, now hiding at the corner of temple...ask his friend for help... friend go ask monk to gv ritual and burn a house for him...to get him thru his 'bridge' ...

so regardless of wht religion, end of the day.... comes down to the word respect... respect each other......starting with yr family ..some1 tell me tis, regardless of religion ... 主先一定要拜, 因为是自己的.
      haha that funny, and your last sentence, i agree

Comment

let the matter rest and peace restored since he had publicly apologised

Comment

kinda dbl standard justice again.

a kid made some remarks about muslims and malays in his blog and was subsequently jailed.

this pastor made these kind of remarks in public..and got off scott free?

Comment

I believe only a small minority of black sheeps in every religions who are extreme in their thinkings.

I once encountered an incident in my poly days. I was walking along a pathway when a student approached me and tried to preach me to join his church. I told him sorry not interested. He then told me this "Do you know that those who don't believe in Christ will not be able to go to heaven?" I then told him that I will see him in hell when I die. Seriously I got my own rights and beliefs and I am free to choose, just like anyone else.

Of course not all are like him. But there are good ppl and there bad ppl in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
              u ever hear children ( who's christain ) refuse to light joss stick for parents who pass away ?? ... wow lau... its jst paying respect nia mah... ddunno how come cannot use joss stick pay respect to parents...
              I heard a friend also like that. He is only son somemore. He refuse to wear the funeral biege clothes with headgear and refuse to offer joss sticks. Also refuse to join in the chanting. Luckily the nehews went thru the whole process. Sad but true...

Comment

Originally posted by terrenceterrence View Post
                kinda dbl standard justice again.

a kid made some remarks about muslims and malays in his blog and was subsequently jailed.

this pastor made these kind of remarks in public..and got off scott free?
                bro i agree with u. but i think our garment have his own difficulties for acting this way. i think most ppl know.

Comment

I wonder y he is nt jailed for his remarks.
                  "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Haolian King View Post
                    I heard a friend also like that. He is only son somemore. He refuse to wear the funeral biege clothes with headgear and refuse to offer joss sticks. Also refuse to join in the chanting. Luckily the nehews went thru the whole process. Sad but true...
                    How does the friend and relatives of the deceased not know that the son respects his lost parent in his own way? Should he not be allowed to mourn the way he chooses to? By judging him are we not imposing our wills and beliefs on another?

Comment

Originally posted by Haolian King View Post
                      I am a believer in Christianity and Salvation etc. However, I am not baptised because my parents are not Christians and I want to preform this last rite for them in the future.

For me, my parents are more important than the almighty whom I have yet to meet. So, in the eyes of some Christians, I am not Christian in my thinking. I use to go to church until I feel too pressurised by the people there till I feel I must 'submit' entirely that I decided not to go. Then, those friends called me the rebellious child. And I thought only my parents have the right to use that term on me.

Once a while, I will sneak quietly into a Church or during friends' church wedding to have a little quiet time with God.

Comment

To add, during his apology, he stated that he did not know much about Buddhism and its teachings.
                        To joke or quip in jest behind closed doors if you're ignorant is barely tolerable, but certainly not when one is addressing a congregation of worshipers who tithe regularly.
                        Sweet 16:
                        PP Aquanaut
                        VC Overseas
                        AP ROO Black Themes
                        A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                        Breguet Type XXI
                        Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                        JLC Navy Seals
                        GO Senator 60s
                        GP Laureato
                        Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                        Rolex DSSD
                        IWC Big Pilot
                        Pam 112
                        Omega Ploprof
                        Breitling Super Avenger
                        Glycine F104

Comment

Just wondering how can the Pea brain insensible Pastor preach to his followers? Why isnt the govt not sending a strong message(jail/removing this pastor from his post) to deter this from happening again. This isnt their style

Comment

I beg to differ, why must we hold on to religion blindly to such extent? Will you rather abide to the "rules" of your god than to pay your last respects to someone who have loved you take care of you in their whole life despite who you are? Please dont tell me that god loves you more than your parents do.

If I were the parents treading on the path to next life, I will be damn sad and disappointed. My 0.02cents.

Originally posted by 75s View Post
                            How does the friend and relatives of the deceased not know that the son respects his lost parent in his own way? Should he not be allowed to mourn the way he chooses to? By judging him are we not imposing our wills and beliefs on another?

Comment

don't get too strung up over these kind of comments

religion is a guideline for living one's life, moderation, balance & pragmaticism is the key.
                              Opportunities come once

Comment

Dude - I suggest you ask yourself why burning incense or chanting indicates respect for your parents? Doesn't that fall under 'rules' of a religion or 'rules' of certain individuals i.e. rules that you so abhor?

It may indicate respect for you if its YOUR parent. But if not, I don't think anyone has any right to judge how a child should conduct himself to respect a bereathed parent. And if I were that child, I wouldn't give two cents what anyone else thinks. And most importantly, when anyone tries to say but but but its a 'sign' of respect, that 'sign' only constitutes an act right? So what's more important? An act or what is true to your heart?

My two cents worth

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X