Witnessed a road accident this am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witnessed a road accident this am

This morning after turning into Nicol Highway from the national stadium side road, I noticed this accident from my rear view mirror:

a Toyota camry also did the same turning to join Nicol highway. Except that he did not filter into lane 3, the slower speed lane- he went straight to lane 2 on Nicol highway

what happened next left me speechless momentarily

the black Subaru impreza who was on lane 2 was probably upset that the camry swerved into his lane without checking. He swerve his impreza around the camry to avoid hitting the camry

the impreza drag his horn, turn on his hazard lights and slow his car down in front of the camry till complete stop. In the middle lane of Nicol highway.

'still no accident, mah' you must be thinking. Along came a bus on lane 2 and he could not brake in time and crashed into the back of camry

Maybe you should report to TP about the incident.... what happened to the subaru?

Comment

OMG.... tats bad... but then tat Camry also shouldn't move out like he owned the road...

Alot of bad drivers... they sld make it compulsory for all drivers to go back refresher lessons every 3-5 yrs...
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        Maybe you should report to TP about the incident.... what happened to the subaru?
        if no loss of life then why bother? feel the camry deserves it in some ways.

it could have happened to the subaru as well...camry cuts into his lane, he has to jam his brakes and vehicle behind him not expecting it bangs into the subaru...
        [IMG]http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/data/545/bbm_barcode.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

erhm, whats the camry's license plate?
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

The accident looks like the bus driver at fault. So, the bus driver must have caught the number plate of the Camry and the Subaru. The commuters on the bus can be witnesses. Subaru driver is the most guilty party in this accident for dangerous obstruction. Bus driver may be slightly blamed for not keeping safe distance and so crash onto the Camry.

Camry driver may not be blamed. His earlier dangerous act of swerving into the 2nd lane was not consequential to this accident. In this accident, he was not the cause. He merely break as the car in front stopped!

I hate this type of Subaru driver (not all subaru drivers but this type) who thinks he can take things into his own hands. If his car also knocked, then he deserves it.

I also hate this type of Camry drivers (not all but I noticed quite a number + Vios/Altis too) They are mostly in their 40s/50s who drive like people should stop for them. Just cut in anywhere without signal and totally oblivious to the cars around. I have many times experience this when they come into Highway thru slip road and swing straight into lane 2 or even 1...no signal, no handwave after my car had to make emergency brake behind. In fact, I am not even sure if he knows he caused me to do that. Just drive on like nothing happened!

I also hate this type of bus driver (not all type but the type that thinks because they are big, the rest must give way). More than 10 years ago, I was ramp on the side by a bus. I was making a right turn but my old car stall as I was making the turn. Then a bus coming, saw my car stop in middle of road, instead of slow down, just honk and ramp straight into my passanger side. Lucky no one was sitting there cos the car spun 2 rounds. He ask me why I stop in the middle of road. I said, of course something wrong lah. If not why would I do that! I ask him....if you see a car stopped there, your brain did not tell you to slow down or stop, just honk and drive on? He said, I thought you will move off as I come nearer and honk!

Drive safe everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
              erhm, whats the camry's license plate?
              Bro
              I only see in my rear view mirror leh...
              if I can see the no. sure PM you... but cannot see lah

sigh... many angry drivers on the road... this need not have happened... but the rule of the thumb from TP perspective is that if you knock the car in front, it is your fault rite? so does it mean it is the bus driver fault?!?!?

sibeh sway man....

Comment

BTW, you guys should travel to India... see how the road users there abuse the roads... completely no lane discipline, no protocol, every one has the right of the way... damn 'happening'

so, you can put things into perspective... what a way to start the weekend... feel sorry for bus driver... who would have expected a car to suddenly stop in middle of a 'highway'

Comment

revenge only begets revenge

now the camry will rem the subaru license plate and chase after him. The bus driver will rem the camry license plate and chase after the camry.

The TP will come and record all license plate and chase after all of them.

the main loser? -> 1248614 cos he never see any license plate so cannot buy 4D
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I think in this sad case, the innocent one become the guilty and the guilty one become innocent. The subaru is definitely at fault, for stopping in the middle of the highway simply because he was cut off and his ego bruised. But in the confusion of thing, he'll probably say the cars in front were stopping and he stopped as well...unless there are witnesses. The bus driver is the innocent one but will probably get the full blame, as how such rear end accidents turn out. The Camry also have to go through the inconvenience of fixing the car and having an "accident car"...all these happen just because one driver "buay song" that he was cut off.

Unfortunately, there are many drivers out there who are like this, people cut into their lane and they flare up unnecessary. We may blame those older or women drivers for being slow, dunno how to filter etc but the reality is that this is a greying population and we'll see more and more old folks and women driving. In US or Europe, they've understood that and when they see old people driving, they generally give way or are more patient. When you signal to switch lane, people actually slow down so that you can filter but here in Singapore, they either horn at you or close the gap. We're still far from a gracious society.

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                      revenge only begets revenge

now the camry will rem the subaru license plate and chase after him. The bus driver will rem the camry license plate and chase after the camry.

The TP will come and record all license plate and chase after all of them.

the main loser? -> 1248614 cos he never see any license plate so cannot buy 4D
                      true true! if kena 4D... can buy another watch leh...
                      better not gloat in other's misery... ok ok I take that back.

Comment

camry driver was a d*ck for shooting to Lane 2 without checking, so in a way he got what he deserved being kissed by the bus.
                        but the subaru driver was reckless...if I had witnessed the whole incident, I will wait for TP to come and then let them know what I saw.
                        "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                        three times is enemy action and
                        over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                        ."

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
                          I think in this sad case, the innocent one become the guilty and the guilty one become innocent. The subaru is definitely at fault, for stopping in the middle of the highway simply because he was cut off and his ego bruised. But in the confusion of thing, he'll probably say the cars in front were stopping and he stopped as well...unless there are witnesses. The bus driver is the innocent one but will probably get the full blame, as how such rear end accidents turn out. The Camry also have to go through the inconvenience of fixing the car and having an "accident car"...all these happen just because one driver "buay song" that he was cut off.

Unfortunately, there are many drivers out there who are like this, people cut into their lane and they flare up unnecessary. We may blame those older or women drivers for being slow, dunno how to filter etc but the reality is that this is a greying population and we'll see more and more old folks and women driving. In US or Europe, they've understood that and when they see old people driving, they generally give way or are more patient. When you signal to switch lane, people actually slow down so that you can filter but here in Singapore, they either horn at you or close the gap. We're still far from a gracious society.

Agreed.... i can rem... when i was still learning... driving L plate car.... when u wan to switch lane, u can be almost certain that most drivers would drive faster rather than slow down so u can change lane, etc..... Fug up drivers...
                          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                            Agreed.... i can rem... when i was still learning... driving L plate car.... when u wan to switch lane, u can be almost certain that most drivers would drive faster rather than slow down so u can change lane, etc..... Fug up drivers...
                            hee, thats why on my test day I got a few friends to help me flank the sides of my car

jking......... but ya lah, lots of such drivers. Last night I was in my dad's car and he was trying to cut right along AYE. He signal very long but none of the cars wanted to give way. Worse still, got 2 cars, sped up and over took him, then cut immediately in front of him as they wanted to turn left to the filter lane to exit AYE.

cant understand such people's mentality, why cannot let my dad move to the right lane and they just move to the left lane behind my dad. they rather speed up, overtake and immediately cut in front causing my dad to brake. Imagine if my dad was looking at the side mirror and not concentrating to the suddent cars cutting in front, think I will be the one starting this thread liaoz...

Comment

The poor bus driver was just plain unlucky and the Camry driver learned a hard lesson: Don't changes lanes without checking and signaling!
                              Sweet 16:
                              PP Aquanaut
                              VC Overseas
                              AP ROO Black Themes
                              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                              Breguet Type XXI
                              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                              JLC Navy Seals
                              GO Senator 60s
                              GP Laureato
                              Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                              Rolex DSSD