Electricity rate to go up AGAIN.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electricity rate to go up AGAIN.....

Seriously... i lost count on how many times i've posted tat electricity price will go up.... this is really WTF...

ELECTRICITY tariff for Singapore households will go up again in the coming quarter, due to the fuel oil price hike over the last three months.

The new rate for the April to June quarter will increase by 23.56 cents per kWh, about 3 per cent higher than the current quarter, said SP Services in a statement on Tuesday. This will work out to an average increase of $2.47 in the monthly electricity bill for families in four-room HDB flats.

SP Services, a member of the Singapore Power Group, said that the rise - the fourth quarterly in a row since last July - is largely due to an increase in fuel oil price over the past three months, from $99.38 to $102.95 per barrel.

Also contributing to the tariff hike is a slight increase of administration and operation fees, by 0.01cent per kWh.

SP Services reviews the electricity tariffs quarterly based on guidelines set by the Energy Market Authority (EMA), the electricity industry regulator, which has approved the latest round of tariff hike.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_508442.html
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

everything goes up but not the salary....as per norm...
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
      Wow really back to back .... Home, coe, transport than electric... Thats the trend i see in the kopitiam section. Yeah next up pay raise is it in the news? Maybe only for the top top leaders only

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
        prob our minister's pay goes up regularly cos need to attract new talents
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by iMac08 View Post
          Wow really back to back .... Home, coe, transport than electric... Thats the trend i see in the kopitiam section. Yeah next up pay raise is it in the news? Maybe only for the top top leaders only
          It is ALREADY INCREASED..... tink it was in the recent budget 2010 announcement...

"The largest share of Government spending will go to Mindef (24.7 per cent or $11.46 billion) and the Education Ministry (20.8 per cent or $9.66 billion). Salaries for political appointments - ministers, ministers of state and parliamentary secretaries - are estimated to be $58.28 million, or 8.8 per cent higher than last year."
          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

did i forget ....they mentioned ''budget deficit''???

Comment

huh u mean still increase salary when deficit?
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                huh u mean still increase salary when deficit?
                Yeah, they'll probably say increase salary to motivate them to work harder. Rewards first, results later for themselves but for us, results first, rewards...maybe...
                Sweet 16:
                PP Aquanaut
                VC Overseas
                AP ROO Black Themes
                A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                Breguet Type XXI
                Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                JLC Navy Seals
                GO Senator 60s
                GP Laureato
                Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                Rolex DSSD
                IWC Big Pilot
                Pam 112
                Omega Ploprof
                Breitling Super Avenger
                Glycine F104

Comment

watever it is, likely no ge tis yr loh...

Comment

ya for the ELITES, reward first. Bad times also need reward to motivate.

For normal workers like me, pay cut but stay motivated or else...

Pay not even 0.1% up. In the name of productivity I think majority of the workers finish 10-20% more work at same pay within same time. Or complete
                    the work at own time without clocking the hours to be productive.
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post

Pay not even 0.1% up. In the name of productivity I think majority of the workers finish 10-20% more work at same pay within same time. Or complete
                      God only knows how much OT we normal workers put in or additional responsibilities we took without getting paid additional wages. In my previous job, there was no pay increase, no bonus for five years, had to work extra hard to get a little bit more.
                      We normal workers indulge in our watches as a means of a little reward and consolation, dare we imagine what the elites are indulging in?
                      Last edited by toffeesthings; 31-03-10, 09:22 AM. Reason: typo
                      Sweet 16:
                      PP Aquanaut
                      VC Overseas
                      AP ROO Black Themes
                      A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                      Breguet Type XXI
                      Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                      JLC Navy Seals
                      GO Senator 60s
                      GP Laureato
                      Rolex DSSD
                      IWC Big Pilot
                      Pam 112
                      Omega Ploprof
                      Breitling Super Avenger
                      Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                        We normal workers indulge in our watches as a means of a little reward and consolation, dare we imagine what the elites are indulging in?
                        I dare to imagine no need money and since i can never afford, why not fantasie a bit

God only knows how much OT we normal workers put in or additional responsibilities we took without getting paid additional wages. In my previous job, there was no pay increase, no bonus for five years, had to work extra hard to get a little bit more.

I agree. They can bull all they like abt us not being productive, need FT and now that we complain too much FT they lan lan have to stop the inflow. on the other hand, say we need to up productivity cos of this decision.

but comparing salary vs workload, the latter keeps increasing whereas the salary remains or doesnt change much. If comparing ratio salary : productivity, I think its getting lower already.

but for certain group, seems like their idea is to keep it almost 1:1?

Comment

Even with oil price going down electricity tariff only down few cents but up like nobody's business..fantastic!! the time has come!!
                          "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

actually, i tht during the depression period, end 2009 till about earlier 2010, the oil prices werent that high? Rem reading somewhere that prices drop till siao or something like that. but i think our fares never drop right?

Comment

Well, we 'normal workers' are told to pull up our socks as we have been 'paid well' then have since become complacent, lazy, spoilt and unproductive over the years.
                              Seems like a classic case of pot calling kettle black?
                              If foreign work competition, additional work, stagnant pay are used as necessary 'tough-love' motivators to improve us 'normal workers', then by that token, the powers-that-be should also benefit from the same measures too.
                              Sweet 16:
                              PP Aquanaut
                              VC Overseas
                              AP ROO Black Themes
                              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                              Breguet Type XXI
                              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                              JLC Navy Seals
                              GO Senator 60s
                              GP Laureato
                              Rolex DSSD