Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you pay $$$ this year to watch the World Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you pay $$$ this year to watch the World Cup?

Nobody is Perfect, I am Nobody.

I am not signing up this year purely out of protest.

If they keep believing that we are slaves to football, they'll always be charging us the earth. I would prefer they disclose how much they paid for the rights so we can assess how much they are profiteering. They are now having to penalise the viewer because they didn't have enough time to get enough sponsors on board to absorb some of their costs.

Just wait for the 2014 world cup. I bet it'll be more than $100 to subscribe.

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
      I am not signing up this year purely out of protest.

If they keep believing that we are slaves to football, they'll always be charging us the earth. I would prefer they disclose how much they paid for the rights so we can assess how much they are profiteering. They are now having to penalise the viewer because they didn't have enough time to get enough sponsors on board to absorb some of their costs.

Just wait for the 2014 world cup. I bet it'll be more than $100 to subscribe.
      I WILL NOT sign up for the package as well, would rather save my hard earn peanuts for rainy days ahead!

Comment

+1 for NOT signing up. IDA, SH & ST screwed up, and consumers are paying for their mistakes. Come July, we have to sign up with both SH + ST just to watch sports coz some channels are with ST and some remained at SH. Plus having to pay for 2 separate setup boxes coz SH + ST wont share one

Comment

No point paying for this stuff lah.

Lots of venue will be showing free of charge. Besides, the money as you guys pointed out can be used for better usage.

There will be websites broadcasting/relaying live too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenda View Post
            No point paying for this stuff lah.

Lots of venue will be showing free of charge. Besides, the money as you guys pointed out can be used for better usage.

There will be websites broadcasting/relaying live too.
            i think i saw ST having a road show at IMM today. think package was 70+ or something.

consperm I wont be signing up.
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

boycott so that telcos will learn their lessons and stop treating us like suckers

Comment

i'll pay for it....i think 1 accurate bet on the correct team will take back the sub fee... world cup is no fun when you dun bet...
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Interesting. Both telco have ask all the football fan to support them n help them out by signing up from them world cup telecast package. Y not they help us out by giving the telecast for free? After all they didn't even wanna reveal how much they use to buy the rights but setting the price 3 times higher than 4 years ago. Nonsense.

Comment

Not paying too. Rather watch it at a pub with lots of other ppl.

Comment

Not paying coz gonna watch free via indonesia channel. my place here can get crystal clear images. Have been watching free euro and world cup for years...

Comment

wah, SDM where you stay har?

Comment

Not payin. excorbitant amount. siao. rather watch in mac.
                          "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Think bo bian, got to subscribe for it. Being a soccer fan... once every 4 years... think never mind. Just bet on one match and hopefully, watch for free liao... wahahahaha....

Comment

World Cup = $70++ SGD
                              Seeing the Telcos score an own goal= Priceless

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X