try not to OT in threads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• try not to OT in threads.

im sharing my personal experince about having too much OT in a thread. this has happened many times in many forums and i hope that this forum being new, it does not head that way. that is when moderators have to exercise discretion as to whether to delete posts or not. i do hope that if moderators delete posts, members will not take offence.

say thread title is about dry swimming. then somehow it leads to talking about nets machine. it is totally off.

for this still not so bad cause it is under Kopi Talk / TCSS.

however, for examle thread title that says discussion about submariner and sea dweller. i hope that the posts will be relevant. this is because if it goes OT and continues for several pages. next time when one wants to search for information in that thread, one may have to go through pages of irrelevant content.

this will in turn put off potential members who wants to sign up. this will also render search function 'useless'. what is the point of searching when almost all the displayed threads has pages of irrelevant content.

hope members are not offended by my posts. if you feel otherwise, please feel free to post your views.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

oh man , tok abt me hahahaha

'dry swimming' thread start OTing cos darkie start saying " sell yr butt " ... hahahhaa ... okie i check the rest, see who the culpit .. hahhahaa

'bling bling; thread start OTing, cos des say C**k ring ... hahahhahaa
    Last edited by pet; 05-09-07, 10:16 PM.

Comment

not talking about u nia..im also guilty culprit.

for me is that, i just did a search today on something. then came up several threads. some of them OT. worse still some of the OT posts lasts up to 4 pages. it is just wasting time going through irrelevant content. btw, not this forum.

i understand that OT in thread brings more spontaneous discussion and fun. however, too many posts really puts someone off when want to search for information.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
        oh man , tok abt me hahahaha

'dry swimming' thread start OTing cos darkie start saying " sell yr butt " ... hahahhaa ... okie i check the rest, see who the culpit .. hahhahaa

'bling bling; thread start OTing, cos des say C**k ring ... hahahhahaa
        Wah u know so well...coz u involved in all these rite

HUH?! I got say sell ur butt meh? can quote for me to see?

And pls DO NOT OT! Hahah

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

true, i think abit of OTing at kopi-talk still not too bad, not in those other main threads ... cos here, not much technical info or watch related 1.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            im sharing my personal experince about having too much OT in a thread. this has happened many times in many forums and i hope that this forum being new, it does not head that way. that is when moderators have to exercise discretion as to whether to delete posts or not. i do hope that if moderators delete posts, members will not take offence.

say thread title is about dry swimming. then somehow it leads to talking about nets machine. it is totally off.

for this still not so bad cause it is under Kopi Talk / TCSS.

however, for examle thread title that says discussion about submariner and sea dweller. i hope that the posts will be relevant. this is because if it goes OT and continues for several pages. next time when one wants to search for information in that thread, one may have to go through pages of irrelevant content.

this will in turn put off potential members who wants to sign up. this will also render search function 'useless'. what is the point of searching when almost all the displayed threads has pages of irrelevant content.

hope members are not offended by my posts. if you feel otherwise, please feel free to post your views.
            Yeah I know...understandable...psst..tell pet to side track

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              Wah u know so well...coz u involved in all these rite

HUH?! I got say sell ur butt meh? can quote for me to see?

And pls DO NOT OT! Hahah
              hahahah ... there !! hahahahha

I think u sell ur butt also not enough...
              i also promise not to side track/ OT

*cross fingers*

Comment

hahahah ... there !! hahahahha

i also promise not to side track/ OT

*cross fingers*
                Hahahha....now i rmb

Comment

Hahahha....now i rmb
                  i OT king, u OT prince .. .hahahhahaa

Comment

wah lau OT here as well!!!

Comment

Originally posted by egstring View Post
                      Boh pian

+1

Comment

Originally posted by egstring View Post
                        cannot OT ... hahaha .... but u special , only chabor here , can OT all u like ... permission frm darkie n triton ... hahaha

Comment

cannot OT ... hahaha .... but u special , only chabor here , can OT all u like ... permission frm darkie n triton ... hahaha
                          eh...dun anyhow say leh...anyhow put words in my mouth

Comment

hahahah dun anyhow say le, I law by law ok...can contribute in this section only as I know nuts about watch

Comment

eh...dun anyhow say leh...anyhow put words in my mouth
                              ladies special mah, OT anywhere, i also tiko tok to them mah ... hahaha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X