Be warned, do not upgrade to iPhone softwate to Version 4.0.1 yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be warned, do not upgrade to iPhone softwate to Version 4.0.1 yet

I pluged in my iPhone tonight, Itunes said there is a new version update, V.4.0.1. I downloaded the version and it went bad fromt here. Does not up grade the software comes up with some USB comms error and then you have to unplug the phone and cable and plug back in 2 differnet times before it is on it's way to full re-sync in progress.

Give it a few weeks before doing it.

thanks for the head's up.

usually i dont install any new firmware before doing a search online on comments of the particular version by others.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I upgraded last night. Fortunately no issues. Just that took quite long. Initially still tht hang but turned out its just slow :P

But dun really see any diff other than icons look nicer thats all.
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

updated days bAck. no issue except damn huge file. 500mB i think. not much diff

Comment

I also updated many days ago and it work fine ,
          you can try to do a Restore .

Comment

reporting. Ver 4 screwed up my calender!!

haiz..
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Hmmm... got error when first time upgrade to 4.0.1. After the error, I try to click on Update button again, successfully upgraded.

Comment

I did not finish dealing with the issues until 1:30am this morning and still refuses to sync my pictures with the iPhone. Of course the iphone says it is all synced blah blah blah but not one pic sync.

Comment

Actually I also encountered problems before...

After I realized that if you have jailbroken your phone using Spirit, you will encounter numerous problems if you choose the upgrade option.

If you have jailbroken your phone before, you will need to use the restore and upgrade option.

Comment

Not jailbroken on my side. Maybe that is my problem, mine is factory unlocked.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X