Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone Official Thread

great idea from Darkie!!
    Thought of starting this thread for those who owns the 2G iphone to share yr experience, potential / new 3G iphone owners to discuss and talk abt the phone!!

Me i am looking forward to own it... Could have gotten the 2G version but i enjoyed my E90 TOO MUCH!! But the 3G version will be a pull factor for me!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

not a owner, but was a user for a short period of time. I like the touch screen, it was good. Keeping it clean was a hassle, but nonetheless the 2G was not a good thing. Imagine downloading at EDGE speeds *sians*.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I m thinking of getting my E90 hehehe

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I was an ex-owner of the 2G version for about a month and then sold it. The iPhone is more a wireless device than a phone. The phone function is so simple and limited.

Cons
        1. SMS - You can send and receive, but you can't forward the message to another person. You have to depend on 3rd party apps.
        2. Contacts - There is no search function. You have to either scroll down or tap on the alphabets to get to the names.
        3. Ring Tones - You can't use other mp3 as ringtones.
        4. Batt - User can't change the battery. You have to bring it back to Apple to get it replaced.
        5. SD/CF/MS - There is no slots for additional memory.
        6. Keyboard - The virtual keyboard is quite difficult to use. Need some time to get use to it to type.
        7. E-mails - Apple limit the maximum number of e-mail stored per account is 200. The worst grouse is the deletion of mails. You have to delete the mail one by one. No select all and delete. Then you have to go to Trash and delete each mail all over again...No empty trash!
        8. Camera - 2 mega pixel and no flash. Took some pics and it sucks, especially night shots.
        9. Web - Safari cannot display flash contents.
        10. Headphone jack - If you are using the earphones that comes with the iPhone, you are fine. If you want to use other earphones, you have to get an adapter cos the jack is recessed and most earphones can't fit into the jack.
        11. GPS - No build in GPS.

Pros
        1. Screen - Beautiful screen. Playback of movies is really fantastic!
        2. Safari - Web surfing is very good and fast...just like surfing the internet from a PC unlike other phones in the market.
        3. YouTube - One of the best apps to be incorporated into the iPhone.
        Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 116520 M
        Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 M
        Rolex GMT-Master I 16700 U
        Rolex Explorer II 16570 Z
        Rolex Air-King 114200 M
        Omega SeaMaster
        Tag Heuer 6000 series, 90's Swatch watches, Seikos and Russian watches

Comment

today got promotion for all black.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          I m thinking of getting my E90 hehehe
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            today got promotion for all black.
            Yeah I saw the all black quite nice...anyway where got promo? how much?

Comment

Originally posted by williamsgl View Post
              I was an ex-owner of the 2G version for about a month and then sold it. The iPhone is more a wireless device than a phone. The phone function is so simple and limited.

Cons
              1. SMS - You can send and receive, but you can't forward the message to another person. You have to depend on 3rd party apps.
              2. Contacts - There is no search function. You have to either scroll down or tap on the alphabets to get to the names.
              3. Ring Tones - You can't use other mp3 as ringtones.
              4. Batt - User can't change the battery. You have to bring it back to Apple to get it replaced.
              5. SD/CF/MS - There is no slots for additional memory.
              6. Keyboard - The virtual keyboard is quite difficult to use. Need some time to get use to it to type.
              7. E-mails - Apple limit the maximum number of e-mail stored per account is 200. The worst grouse is the deletion of mails. You have to delete the mail one by one. No select all and delete. Then you have to go to Trash and delete each mail all over again...No empty trash!
              8. Camera - 2 mega pixel and no flash. Took some pics and it sucks, especially night shots.
              9. Web - Safari cannot display flash contents.
              10. Headphone jack - If you are using the earphones that comes with the iPhone, you are fine. If you want to use other earphones, you have to get an adapter cos the jack is recessed and most earphones can't fit into the jack.
              11. GPS - No build in GPS.

Pros
              1. Screen - Beautiful screen. Playback of movies is really fantastic!
              2. Safari - Web surfing is very good and fast...just like surfing the internet from a PC unlike other phones in the market.
              3. YouTube - One of the best apps to be incorporated into the iPhone.
              I think...it's the usual case of HO KUA BO HO JIAK..lol...

I hate the virtual keyboard though i m used to it.

Comment

samsung omni i900 consider wht huh ? my wife wnt tht 1...

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                  Not here yet la...I heard in sept

Comment

Omnia is based on Windows Mobile 6.1 professional... Specs looked good and I went to have a play with it yesterday @ Samsung's store in VC. My first impression is that features are great but the phone felt sluggish. And I am also not confident that M$ has fixed some of the memory leakage issues present in the previous version. For now, I will hold back until more user feedback is available.
                    Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                      great idea from Darkie!!
                      Thought of starting this thread for those who owns the 2G iphone to share yr experience, potential / new 3G iphone owners to discuss and talk abt the phone!!

Me i am looking forward to own it... Could have gotten the 2G version but i enjoyed my E90 TOO MUCH!! But the 3G version will be a pull factor for me!
                      I am a current owner of the 2G iPhone and while it is no perfect phone, I have grown to like the virtual keypad and overall usage experience. While Safari doesn't support Adobe Flash, I still find that it gives me the best mobile surfing experience so far. I can't say the same for my previous experience with WM5.0 pocket IE...

Anyway, I am looking forward to the 3G version. Besides, my wife also eyeing my current iPhone!
                      Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

I hv been using iphone almost a yr liao. So far d virtual keyboard is fine for me, just need sometime to get use to it.. As for d sarfari, I should say is beta then many PDA as most of them using window platform.. Surfing net is faster then using window... so hopefully 3G can cm faster...
                        Stand up for wat is rite even if you r standing alone

Comment

just receive an email from singtel noting my interest... Let see hw it goes and most impt hw much are they intending to price it!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                          - GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
                            Omnia is based on Windows Mobile 6.1 professional... Specs looked good and I went to have a play with it yesterday @ Samsung's store in VC. My first impression is that features are great but the phone felt sluggish. And I am also not confident that M$ has fixed some of the memory leakage issues present in the previous version. For now, I will hold back until more user feedback is available.
                            okie, i tell my wife dont buy... i save $$

Comment

okie, i tell my wife dont buy... i save $$
                              Hehehehe...she tell u 8800 arte nicer and no such problems

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X