Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone done wisdom tooth before??

Hi

Any bros here did wisdom tooth removal before? Is it painful during and after the operation? Cos may need to remove mine..
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

i have remove 2 of my wisdom teeth. now less wise.

one was done in australia while another was done in sg.

basically the pain sets in only after the aesthetic wears off. usually there is painkillers to take. however, u need to take maybe 1 hr before the pain sets in. so u may like to check with the dentist to see how long before the pain sets in.

other than that. it is quite a harmless. take it only if it is causing you problems or u want MC.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Wisdom tooth extraction process is painless as the anesthetic should have kicked in.

There will be pain afterwards but it is bearable. Usually, you'll taste your own blood for at least a day or two! Your dentist should be prescribing you some painkillers that should last for up to a week.

Depending on the severity of your wisdom tooth problem, you might be recommended to go completely 'under' for the whole operation. In which case, you'll need to spend at least a day in hospital.

Hope it all goes well. Make sure you don't have it extracted at tooth hurty.

Comment

Bro,it is nothing loh
        Come on, real man dun shed tear but blood.

Btw,are you having operation on it or just pull out only?
        If it is pull out only, it is not painful.

If operation, you will hve 2 to 3days MC & u will hve FOC slim course.

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          i have remove 2 of my wisdom teeth. now less wise.

one was done in australia while another was done in sg.

basically the pain sets in only after the aesthetic wears off. usually there is painkillers to take. however, u need to take maybe 1 hr before the pain sets in. so u may like to check with the dentist to see how long before the pain sets in.

other than that. it is quite a harmless. take it only if it is causing you problems or u want MC.
          Haha Yes bro. Cos dentist mention might have decay so better to remove, bottom 2 and upper 2. Will take if tired cos of MC hehe

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Hollyman View Post
            Bro,it is nothing loh
            Come on, real man dun shed tear but blood.

Btw,are you having operation on it or just pull out only?
            If it is pull out only, it is not painful.

If operation, you will hve 2 to 3days MC & u will hve FOC slim course.

Good luck!!
            Bro nt worried abt e pain just want to know the aftermath like will it affect my meal or to avoid hard stuff n eat porridge??

Comment

I took out mine during NS time.... got 2 weeks MC....

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
                Wisdom tooth extraction process is painless as the anesthetic should have kicked in.

There will be pain afterwards but it is bearable. Usually, you'll taste your own blood for at least a day or two! Your dentist should be prescribing you some painkillers that should last for up to a week.

Depending on the severity of your wisdom tooth problem, you might be recommended to go completely 'under' for the whole operation. In which case, you'll need to spend at least a day in hospital.

Hope it all goes well. Make sure you don't have it extracted at tooth hurty.

I had mine done over 30 years ago in the States, all 4 out at one go. The dentist put me under and of course as I was counting backwards and going under I make a suggestive remark to the good looking nurse he had. I had a friend take me there and drive me home as I could not drive afterwards. Doctor prescribed me a weeks worth of Perkodan and I was back to work in 3 days and eating ok in 5 days.

It is up to you but I would do all 4 at one go, save the most time and why prolong the agony and go in over the years and do it 1 by one or 2 and 2?

Comment

Your dentist will need to x-ray you first to check the state of all your wisdom teeth.

It may not be necessary to take out all of them. Many people go through life without having any wisdom teeth removed.

If it's just the one or two teeth that may impact your other teeth, then get them removed. Otherwise, if it is just erupting, then it may not be necessary to do anything at all. Just bear with the pain until they pierce fully through your gums!

Comment

top one normally can just extract, bottom one must operate.
                    done mine pull 4 tooth out but i opt for GA. sleep thru the think wake up all done. haha shiok

Comment

personally, i havent had any taken out, but i remember my bro had his done. one wk cannot eat. just soups and porridge. painkillers became a food staple for a few days
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i had all four removed. its quite managable, actually if your wisdom tooth is giving you prob, best to remove in a set (top and bottom) your dentist can numb the section together, avoid going thru the pain again. depends on pple, might have some swelling for a day or two. eat cold food (ice cream, cold water) helps with the swelling.
                        use mouthwash to rinse helps prevent infection

if u need a good dentist, i can recommend mine, nice, very professional and very gentle abit ex thou...
                        Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by MsLucifer View Post
                          if u need a good dentist, i can recommend mine, nice, very professional and very gentle abit ex thou...
                          expensive or not, i think is not the issue. most important is, good. you only have one set of teeth, so why not leave it in the hands of the competent. dun mind share your dentist. my dad and i get our dental work done in sg when possible.
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X