Strange Questions Ppl Ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
    i have yet to encounter a seller that will meet me at my place leh...always i travelled to his choice place of dealing....hahaha...becoz i m the old sch type lar...if i wan to see something i make my way down...Dun wish to incur the seller wrath if i dun buy....sometimes the condition and package seem to diff from what is been described over the phone....well.....
    Me too, alway travel to seller choice of place. Just did that on sun nite to bukit timah. Nego abit on the phone, agreed on pricing. Went there to see the watch, put the trigger liao. Nv ask the where why question...
    Current:
    No More Liao...

Comment

wow....new toy eh....congrats to you!!!!usually i nego the price on phone 1st..if price okie liao then i speed my way down to the designated place of meet up...see the watch and package...if everything swee swee...i pay up and go to the nearest coffee place to chill and admire my new to me watch...hehehehehe.....

i seldom ask many questions when come to buying watch...Heck..i dun even ask whether local or overseas set...lol....usually price..conditon and package...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

wow....new toy eh....congrats to you!!!!usually i nego the price on phone 1st..if price okie liao then i speed my way down to the designated place of meet up...see the watch and package...if everything swee swee...i pay up and go to the nearest coffee place to chill and admire my new to me watch...hehehehehe.....

i seldom ask many questions when come to buying watch...Heck..i dun even ask whether local or overseas set...lol....usually price..conditon and package...
        Agreed, price is the most important!! Condition as long as i deem ok, its good... Just for info, I got it at ard 10.30pm on a sun nite. So have to go back home to admire, no coffee place for me!!
        Current:
        No More Liao...

Comment

hehehe..many coffee places closed late in town...lol....10.30pm is kinda of early still leh....i once bought a pre-loved watch from a seller at 3am in the morning....

Which swee swee rolex u gotten as your new love?hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Chunster69 View Post
            Me also never bought or sold anything in the forum...

I agree with if fake, for sure the seller should pay, but I think if genuine, and since seller is delivering as advertised, then buyer should pay lor (after all, it is optional right?)

I am just wondering, how many of the deals actually involved going to RSC to verify or the trust is there in the forum (esp with bros that have good reputation)?

Anyone would like to share?
            I usualy buy and sell through RSC - either(1) through a authentication process (which involves payment by buyer & in event of authentication failure, by the seller) or (2)through asking for a repair quote from RSC (free of charge).

The repair quote can be quite disturbing especially when the watch is old - the quote is high especially for a vintage like 6694 and can exceed the price of watch itself - change case, change hands, etc. So for a relatively new watch, say
            5 to 10 years, I just pay for the authetication fee of $75. I think it's worth the money, as it gives one peace of mind; and allows one to gain confidence on the seller.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I think at the end of the day, different people; different threshold. I may be fine with certain questions asked, but you may not. And vice versa. If you asked why that "irrelevant" question was posted to you (ie which branch), I guess he/she might be trying to test if you are a genuine seller. I do not know how the communication went on, so this is purely my conjecture.

For example and making no reference to your sale, a 'fake' seller posted the sale of a watch, with relevant details such as that he had bought the watch from a local AD, etc. A buyer then made contact with seller and asked which company and exact branch the watch was bought from. Seller, being fake and of ill knowledge, answered that the watch was bought from Cortina @Toa Payoh Hub.. .

So the objective of this question becomes a relevant fact in this case, right? But if the seller is genuine, he/she will be able to respond with the correct information speedily.

This is just my thought. I am not the buyer and do not know what went on in his/her mind.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

For me, I think communication is important.

I am referring to Psee's posting on page 3.

I am sorry that he got the wrong idea that I expect him to bear the cost for addition of spare links. I don't know what I did that made him think that I gave him a "hint". I didn't go through with the deal as based on the watch and the spare link, I wasn't comfortable that it will fit my wrist. On hindsight, I should had communicated better with him on who should bear the extra cost if the watch does not fit my wrist.

On the bargaining part, the price was decided a few days earlier before we met. So wondering why he had mentioned last minute bargaining?

Hope the incident did not leave a bad impression on him and I still think sg-roc is good place to gain knowledge and buy/sell watches.
                On my wrist:
                2010 Seiko Spirit
                2009 Tag Heuer Autavia
                2009 Breitling Superocean Steelfish
                2008 GMT II Black/Red
                2008 Exp II White
                2006 Orient Power-reserve
                2005 Citizen Eco-drive

Wishlist:
                GMT-IIc
                Breitling Blackbird
                Omega Aquagraph Chronograph

Comment

Some time misunderstaning do happen so I hope both bro psee n Tasmania dnt take it to heart
                  Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
                  Future - Geneva hallmark
                  Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

hehehe..many coffee places closed late in town...lol....10.30pm is kinda of early still leh....i once bought a pre-loved watch from a seller at 3am in the morning....

Which swee swee rolex u gotten as your new love?hahahahaha
                    Wow, who on earth(or not earth ) sell u at 3am?? 10.30pm is kind of late for me as i need to travel back to Hougang. So no coffee that day... I bought the Tudor, show in my signature for my gf, as she is looking for an 40mm watch...
                    Current:
                    No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      I think at the end of the day, different people; different threshold. I may be fine with certain questions asked, but you may not. And vice versa. If you asked why that "irrelevant" question was posted to you (ie which branch), I guess he/she might be trying to test if you are a genuine seller. I do not know how the communication went on, so this is purely my conjecture.

For example and making no reference to your sale, a 'fake' seller posted the sale of a watch, with relevant details such as that he had bought the watch from a local AD, etc. A buyer then made contact with seller and asked which company and exact branch the watch was bought from. Seller, being fake and of ill knowledge, answered that the watch was bought from Cortina @Toa Payoh Hub.. .

So the objective of this question becomes a relevant fact in this case, right? But if the seller is genuine, he/she will be able to respond with the correct information speedily.

This is just my thought. I am not the buyer and do not know what went on in his/her mind.

Well since you have made a point on this, I realised this may have gone thru the prospective buyer's mind, now I understand that this may be the reason why he asked which branch I purchased the watch from, anyways he smsed me last night to say he changed his mind bout the watch, maybe he saw this thread haha.

Thanks for the insight, next time I shall not tink in a negative manner liaoz
                      Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by coopster9 View Post
                        usually if one wants to buy, the onus is on buyer to make the effort to meet the seller unless seller offers to bring to buyer....

once when i was selling, buyer said, "can you come to me since I am buying, if I choose not to buy then i will save a trip...."

what about me? I lose potential sales from entertaining you and i wasted a trip myself...and it was at other end of the island!

likewise, my middle finger grew long long in the returned sms.
                        Yeah, I tink the buyer's reply was abit too much liao, maybe he/she should have been more tactful with words.

i have yet to encounter a seller that will meet me at my place leh...always i travelled to his choice place of dealing....hahaha...becoz i m the old sch type lar...if i wan to see something i make my way down...Dun wish to incur the seller wrath if i dun buy....sometimes the condition and package seem to diff from what is been described over the phone....well.....
                        I dont mind travelling down to make the deal but sometimes ppl change their mind last min and cos I know the condition of my watches, and I always state in my posts, so what I write and what the buyer would expect when seeing the watch so I tink changing mind last min is abit .....haha

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                        No need to get so hot over such questions...or as you sell more watches you will get used to them. I once selling a $150 watch also the buyer asked a lot of questions that most of us wouldn't be asking (not for a $150 watch at least), but eventually he bought it.

I think in all sort of sale dealings the buyers have the right to ask any question relevant to the item. If I come across a strange question that I feel is irrelevant, I would ask back the buyer "what does that matter", or just ignore the fella (if the question is asked thru sms/email).
                        No la, Im not hot but just abit peeved by that question thats all cos I tink IMO this question is absolutely not necessary at that point of time. Yeah true and I agree with u, some ppl ask more than others and yes, they as the buyer, should be allowed to ask questions relevant to the watch but non relevant shld be highlighted to them.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                          Wow, who on earth(or not earth ) sell u at 3am?? 10.30pm is kind of late for me as i need to travel back to Hougang. So no coffee that day... I bought the Tudor, show in my signature for my gf, as she is looking for an 40mm watch...
                          hehehe..have done it once....hehehe....btw me nite animal type...so i dun slp early...hehehe...

Comment

hehehe..have done it once....hehehe....btw me nite animal type...so i dun slp early...hehehe...
                            lao chiongster spotted
                            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Bro from your nick and avatar, I keep tinking you are a pretty young chap, are you not so young as per what the rest mentioned?

Anyways, kudos to making a deal at 3am man! So late ! So the person that was dealing with u also chiongster man, so late also can deal haha

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
                                Bro from your nick and avatar, I keep tinking you are a pretty young chap, are you not so young as per what the rest mentioned?

Anyways, kudos to making a deal at 3am man! So late ! So the person that was dealing with u also chiongster man, so late also can deal haha
                                they probably clinched the deal at a lsb jking.........
                                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X