Strange Questions Ppl Ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Questions Ppl Ask

Having sold a few watches on the net, some questions people ask me relli set me thinking, some classic examples:-

1) How much you got your watch after discount? (I can choose not to tell, cos how much discount is depending on my relationship with my AD) If you feel that I lose too little, then don buy from me. U can try to get a similiar or better discount YOURSELF.

2) Which AD and branch? (Hello? Is branch so impt?, If you have not confirmed to buy my watch, this information is not relevant to you)

The most recent question on which branch set me thinking and I replied and told the person the original receipt bearing the branch and purchase price will be handed over to the buyer upon the purchase.

Normally ppl ask me how much I buy, Im alright to share but the recent combo question not only price but also branch of my AD.......wah lao eh....
    Wanna ask so much then get a brand new one lor. Don buy used.
    Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

There are such people who want cheap and good.

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
      There are such people who want cheap and good.
      Im ok with ppl asking questions, I have totally no problems with questions on how much U buy, etc, but the question that set me off, WHICH BRANCH did you purchase from??? Wah lao eh, is that impt?? Cannot stand some ppl at times, if the person read this post and dunwan buy liao then don buy lor. I don feel like selling to this person also.

Buey tahan....which branch sia.....later ask question like which sales person did u get it from? Which mode of payment u paid? cash, credit card or debit card? Which bank? wahahahahaha

Comment

singapore moto given by above:

cheaper, better and faster
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          singapore moto given by above:

cheaper, better and faster
          I understand, everybody wan cheaper price but questions like which AD and BRANCH!??? Which AD is totally fine, the buyer has the right to know before purchase, but Is Branch of the AD so impt??? buey tahanz

Comment

if i ever sell my watch, i dont include original receipt.

couple of reasons

1) it bears the SE name, not that i mind, but these buyers can go potentially go to the SE in concern and ask for discount and dont buy watch. personally, it is ok to ask, but not to the extent of asking many times and no intention to buy.

2) it bears my personal information such as address etc which im not comfortable in providing. however, these days, i just ask them to put my working place address.

they want to know which branch maybe they want to go there next time to ask for good pricing. but they dont realize that to get certain tier of discount, it is based on the relationship you have with your AD.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              if i ever sell my watch, i dont include original receipt.

couple of reasons

1) it bears the SE name, not that i mind, but these buyers can go potentially go to the SE in concern and ask for discount and dont buy watch. personally, it is ok to ask, but not to the extent of asking many times and no intention to buy.

2) it bears my personal information such as address etc which im not comfortable in providing. however, these days, i just ask them to put my working place address.

they want to know which branch maybe they want to go there next time to ask for good pricing. but they dont realize that to get certain tier of discount, it is based on the relationship you have with your AD.
              I have met a few that insists on the receipt, but my AD don put my address nor his name only the branch cos printed on the letter head.

I have got no issues on this, but I find it relli funny that ppl ask which branch and like U mentioned, its not like U walk in anywhere can get same discount.

Anyways just to share and vent abit of my fustration haha.

Comment

I always tell buyers they dont need to know what price I bought at, as long as you find the price I sell agreeable. If I buy higher you are not going to pay me more and if I buy lower I am not going to sell you less.

There is a market price for most common models. Take that as ref.

When I buy, I also never ask such silly questions.

Which branch is absurd!

So far I have sold to only nice reasonable people.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                  I always tell buyers they dont need to know what price I bought at, as long as you find the price I sell agreeable. If I buy higher you are not going to pay me more and if I buy lower I am not going to sell you less.

There is a market price for most common models. Take that as ref.

When I buy, I also never ask such silly questions.

Which branch is absurd!

So far I have sold to only nice reasonable people.
                  Yeah I agree with you, most ppl will ask me what price I bought at, which I don mind to share la, but as what you mentioned as well, which branch is really absurd lor...buey tahanz

Comment

Ohhh! Now!! The latest million dollar question has changed from asking if it's a local or overseas set to which branch you purchased from?
                    1 3 5
                    ├┼┼╕
                    2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                      Ohhh! Now!! The latest million dollar question has changed from asking if it's a local or overseas set to which branch you purchased from?
                      Ya man....whats next

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
                        Ya man....whats next
                        Why do u buy it and sell it off?got problem with the watch issit.haha.
                        累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
                          I kena this question most often...

Comment

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
                            On the contrary, I think this qn is ok.

I mean, imagine the seller really sold it due to issues and hide this fact. you as a buyer after a few days encounter problems. Would you be happy to have to bring it back to service (assuming even have warranty?)

but of cos, the ans from the seller is based on trust. If he say no issues and later got issues within a week, then you know what kinda seller you met. Then in future can black list.
                            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I think if we want to buy/sell watches in this manner, we have to accept the fact that we are likely to encounter such issues. I don't see any problem with such questions, as long as I know how to answer them appropriately. There are always reasons behind some questions; reasons that only the person asking will know. At the end of the day, as long as that person buys my watch, it really doesn't matter.

Allow me to quote the words of wisdom:

" In a perfect world, that would logically be how things should pan out. But seriously, we are talking about human beings and differences in personalities/morals do come into play here...that's why we have wars and conflicts in this world simply because everybody behaves/reacts differently from what you expect them to...

As I am writing this response, I am recalling the lyrics to DM's "People are People". Great song, great band

In short, there is no clear answer to your questions. Just take it easy mate
                              " - daywalker88

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X