• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmy_Nguyen
    replied
    Both is OK, until you love your watch

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
    For me i usually go the pre-owned pieces as i do not have massive nor deep pockets for BNIB...and i have no pangtang issues regarding the previous owner history of fortune or misfortune...as long watch condition,package,price are met to my expectations, i pull the trigger for the watch....
    For me, I think that pre-owned or new pieces are both good. Because there are advantages & disadvantages for both. If you have a new watch, you will own a brand new one with quality guarantee but you spend a lot of money. If you get a pre-owned one, you take you dream watch with less money. It's good if the watch is still good. Both is OK, if it's suitable with you.

Leave a comment:

• adnjoo
    replied
    I like my watches preowned

Leave a comment:

• lanmonster
    replied
    Pre-owned watch so far so good... Won't purchase new ..

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Originally posted by yasmd78 View Post
    Pre-love 1610 now is selling ard $6,500 to $7000 isn't it?
    Go plough the sales sections, you will know what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• yasmd78
    replied
    Pre-love 1610 now is selling ard $6,500 to $7000 isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Originally posted by yasmd78 View Post
    Hmm.. It's by luck I guess.
    For watches like submariner,is it more worth to buy pre-loved or BNIB?
    Thank u Bro Oceanklassik
    Unless you work in ROLEX and is one of the decision-makers in the company, otherwise, it is 80% luck

As for your question if a Submariner is 'more worth' to get it pre-love or BNIB, I think it's not very relevant. Whether it's a Submariner, a GMT Master II, a Milgauss/Datejust, or any other models/watch brands, it is mostly more worthy to get it pre-love economically speaking.

Simple mathematics:

A brand new Submariner (16610) in 2006/2007 (D/Z series) retailed at $7,931. A pre-love Submariner in the same period was selling in the range of $6,200-$6,900, depending on its age and other conditions. What is the selling price of a pre-love 16610 now?
    Last edited by Oceanklassik; 25-07-17, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• yasmd78
    replied
    Hmm.. It's by luck I guess.
    For watches like submariner,is it more worth to buy pre-loved or BNIB?
    Thank u Bro Oceanklassik

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Watches, whether good or not, like many other things, have depreciation. No one knows when such depreciation would stop. It is NOT about when a particular model is discontinued. It is more about the demand for the particular model at a particular period of time. For e.g. the Explorer 114270. It was once very popular and price went up crazily high during that period. What happens now?

Is the Explorer a good watch? - Yes
    Has the depreciation stop? - No
    Is it discontinued? - Yes
    Will the price go up higher than a BNIB? - ...

Leave a comment:

• yasmd78
    replied
    If good watches have depreciation, till when does this depreciation stops? Is it when the model is discontinued? If so, will the price go up higher then buying BNIB?

Leave a comment:

• ohjnxg
    replied
    Depends on the budget and model? Most vintage rolexes are nicer...

Leave a comment:

• RoyalOak
    replied
    All my watches are purchased from AD.

Don't mind paying premium for new watches. Love peeling stickers away one-by-one, unveiling "fresh" metal.

Leave a comment:

• Trinidad
    replied
    Originally posted by emin View Post
    friends were telling me buy brand new for rolex, as the depreciation not quite alot. so new one more worth. hmmm.. but sometimes see market 2nd hand price also not bad but didnt pull the trigger. next day gone. sad=(

if noob, better buy new ....
    Leave the good old stuff to the laochiaos.... hee hee

Leave a comment:

• Whiz78
    replied
    Depends. Brand new if can afford and like very much. Pre-owned if do not wish to pay too much.

Leave a comment:

• emin
    replied
    friends were telling me buy brand new for rolex, as the depreciation not quite alot. so new one more worth. hmmm.. but sometimes see market 2nd hand price also not bad but didnt pull the trigger. next day gone. sad=(

Leave a comment:

• rolliesub
    replied
    Pre-owned is fine for me as long as you know THAT is the watch you want to wear

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X