No announcement yet.

Amex Centurion Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

siao lah... those ppl carry so much cash .. crzy... if me i sign a cheque loh, thn cheque clear, ask them to deliver to my place.. :P .. i think all retailer/ shop etc will say ok 1, tht's provided its a very very very ex item...

Comment

But rich ppl esp tai tai want to take home immediately... and they don't want to wait for the cheque to clear, so it is when the black card come in...

Originally posted by pet View Post
      siao lah... those ppl carry so much cash .. crzy... if me i sign a cheque loh, thn cheque clear, ask them to deliver to my place.. :P .. i think all retailer/ shop etc will say ok 1, tht's provided its a very very very ex item...

Comment

Seems that Singaporeans are still not in the habit of carrying their check books around. When I was living in the US, they even pay for their groceries using checks. Took me a while to get into that habit over there.

Comment

if cheque bounced, means free grocery?

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
          Seems that Singaporeans are still not in the habit of carrying their check books around. When I was living in the US, they even pay for their groceries using checks. Took me a while to get into that habit over there.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            You have to show them some form of ID when you issue them the check.Normally it's your driving license.

Comment

same in Oz, but this was quickly scrapped and banks started to charge. Once one fella come to my father shop buy postage stamp also write cheque WTF!

troublesome to control cheque, not enough money, fraudulent cheques etc etc. IMO not worth the trouble
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

$250K can buy jet liao?
                Pam 232
                Pam 164
                Pam 49

Comment

Your driver's license doesn't make sure that the cheque wouldn't bounce...
                  You have to show them some form of ID when you issue them the check.Normally it's your driving license.

Comment

it marely gives the recepient a "path" to your place should it be required
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

I am not ah long... so what if I know the place he/she stays??? if the cheque bounce, I go to his/her place and pour paint and put pig head???
                      Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      it marely gives the recepient a "path" to your place should it be required

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        I am not ah long... so what if I know the place he/she stays??? if the cheque bounce, I go to his/her place and pour paint and put pig head???
                        There are measures (legal i.e.) the retailers can take to get their money. I never got into such situation so I don't know what these measures are.

Comment

Can't get $20 grocery sue that fellow until bankrupt.... ha ha ha

There are measures (legal i.e.) the retailers can take to get their money. I never got into such situation so I don't know what these measures are.

Comment

in shanghai,if your chq bounced hosay liao prepare to masuk prison.
                            Last edited by louie; 27-07-08, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Wow so serious huh... masuk prison buy bullet? ha ha ha....
                              Sometimes forgot to transfer enough funds from savings to checking/current account mah...

In Singapore, if cheque bounced the most is say "sorry sorry" and either ask the person to bank in cheque again or issue a new one....

Originally posted by louie View Post
                              in shanghai,if your chq bounced hosay liao prepare to masuk prison.

Comment

no need just pay a visit to subordinate court and everything taken care off

just go and pay the court a visit, not sure 100% process in sg, but here in Oz very simple

Wow so serious huh... masuk prison buy bullet? ha ha ha....
                                Sometimes forgot to transfer enough funds from savings to checking/current account mah...

In Singapore, if cheque bounced the most is say "sorry sorry" and either ask the person to bank in cheque again or issue a new one....
                                it is to prevent people from fraud. in a city like shanghai, imagine if everyone forgot to transfer money.... the whole city very busy
                                Blue 6694
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X