• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $90 watch winder

Worth the buy?

http://www.jwwatch.com/watches.asp

The Crown Of Achievement

Certainly worthy of a good look with that kind of price!
    Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Em... interesting, been looking for a cheap and reliable winders .
      Anyone can give some advise for this winders ?
      Focal JM_Labs .
      "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
      Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
      Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
      Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
      Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
      Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
      Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
      Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
      Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
      Cartier Santos 100XL
      Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Bro, this is really the lower end of the winder. u can do a search in ebay. Cheaper winder tends to fail easily after a period of usage. And beware of the number of TPD(turn per Day) of that winder. And also, imagine u spend thousands on a watch as compared to the price u pay for a cheap winder.

Btw, in my opinion, i prefer to buy good brand winder, reason being the TPD can be adjusted and there is delay function like to start winding only after 12 hrs later, particularly useful when u are swapping watches, since the watch has been worn for the day, it will only wind it after 12 hrs later.. and additional info is that the TPD for rolex is ard 650.

For me i gotten myself a Wolf Designs Winder or rotator (which they called it).

Super quiet. can't even hear the rotational movement at all, when u put your ear near the winder.
        Last edited by SeaRolex; 05-08-08, 04:51 PM.
        There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

As the Chinese saying goes "yi fen qian, yi fen huo". And yes, I've bought the $96.30 (+GST) winder from JW. Surprisingly, it is very silent even with my ears near it. Fun to play with and I'm experiencing it now. Shiok ! There's one-year warranty by JW. I've never believed in needing a winder so this will be my first encounter. I just want the experience and hope to find convenience in using it.

Will share with all how it fared periodically.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

As the Chinese saying goes "yi fen qian, yi fen huo". And yes, I've bought the $96.30 (+GST) winder from JW. Surprisingly, it is very silent even with my ears near it. Fun to play with and I'm experiencing it now. Shiok ! There's one-year warranty by JW. I've never believed in needing a winder so this will be my first encounter. I just want the experience and hope to find convenience in using it.

Will share with all how it fared periodically.

Congrat Bro. Enjoy and hv fun..cheers!

Comment

Thank u .
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Actually down to the very basic, a winder is still a winder...

What it does is just to save you the hassle of adjusting the time / date everytime you start to wear it.. especially like our friends here... Alot Alot of watches one...

Low end or high end function is the same.. it will not spoil the watch..

It is just like accessories for many other things.... e.g Ipod... so many type of skin, holder, some low end and some high end.... a simple skin for an ipod can cost from $5 - $50 as well...

There is no right or wrong winder.... Can work, happy can already.

I am very keen in getting it from JW.. unfortunately now in reservist, cannot get out.... SIAN...

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                  Actually down to the very basic, a winder is still a winder...

What it does is just to save you the hassle of adjusting the time / date everytime you start to wear it.. especially like our friends here... Alot Alot of watches one...

Low end or high end function is the same.. it will not spoil the watch..

It is just like accessories for many other things.... e.g Ipod... so many type of skin, holder, some low end and some high end.... a simple skin for an ipod can cost from $5 - $50 as well...

There is no right or wrong winder.... Can work, happy can already.

I am very keen in getting it from JW.. unfortunately now in reservist, cannot get out.... SIAN...
                  Well said ! Tats my basic intention. I'm still experiencing it n I simply knw nuts abt winders. I wonder seriously if such winders will hurt my watches or nt, if I used it wrongly Anyhow, here's wat I found out:

Tis winder rotates (1) at 33sec n stop for 12mins; (2) at 33sec n stop for 15mins; (3) 33sec n stop for 18mins. Anyone can tell me why

Secondly, it can rotate clockwise; anti-clockwise; and both directions. And why is tis so

The settings r pretty simple, n same as its looks but I've no prob wif tat la. So far, its working pretty well.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Well said ! Tats my basic intention. I'm still experiencing it n I simply knw nuts abt winders. I wonder seriously if such winders will hurt my watches or nt, if I used it wrongly Anyhow, here's wat I found out:

Tis winder rotates (1) at 33sec n stop for 12mins; (2) at 33sec n stop for 15mins; (3) 33sec n stop for 18mins. Anyone can tell me why

Secondly, it can rotate clockwise; anti-clockwise; and both directions. And why is tis so

The settings r pretty simple, n same as its looks but I've no prob wif tat la. So far, its working pretty well.

(1) is the highest TPD followed by (2) and lowest is (3). for certain watch , it need cw or ccw to wind it. u would be able to wind up a watch if u hv a watch that need cw to wind it while u set it to ccw... for Rolex it's is both ways.

Comment

Help on my first watch

Hi i need some advice one what to get and where to get . Advice on the price

Was thinking about the following watches:

IWC-Portuguese Automatic (blue with white face)
                      Rolex- sea-dweller
                      Rolex- explorer I

Would getting it oversea be cheaper like in switzerland, HK or US or Sg?
                      Any advice on which is a better choice

Cause on a general note some how you see more ppl selling rolex in the market so the value is normally there but how about IWC?

Comment

u lookin @ preown or brand new
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Germany Watch Winder

Hi Eyeryone,

Anybody interested to buy classy & elegant watch winder? Feel free please visit my online store or email me @ ming_tkm@yahoo.com.sg Thank you

http://www.mingoshopping.com/index.php?cPath=22

Comment

Should be not bad, feel like getting one also

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X