Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hymth
    replied
    usually omega speedmaster which goes easier with any type of dressing. I'd wear my cheaper hamilton if it's a more "dodgy" location I am going to.

Leave a comment:

• hexcron
    replied
    My trusted G-Shock goes everywhere and safe to even dive with. I would say buy two if can three G-Shocks and travel the world with them.

Leave a comment:

• Daytona67
    replied
    Wearing a cheap watch like G-Shock when overseas is a safe thing to do but what if you come across a nice Rolex at a good price? Would the sales staff think you can't afford the watch?!!

Leave a comment:

• JWNY
    replied
    I travel to a lot of third world countries and so far have no fear of wearing my Speedy or Sub

Leave a comment:

• Trinidad
    replied
    Originally posted by nb1
    Patek or AP when go oversea
    Rolex and Pam when do gardening

same as me?
    wear full gold rolex to do gardening, wash car , clear trash, wash dishes, fix bike? cool!

Leave a comment:

• Trinidad
    replied
    Just back from Europe.
    Wore my Daydate white dial

Leave a comment:

• lankyal
    replied
    Depends on the location. It I think it is not safe, either a seiko or just use my mobile phone as a watch.

Leave a comment:

• stevenpct
    replied
    wear my louis erard watch with gmt fuction......

Leave a comment:

• eXis10z
    replied
    Originally posted by azzurri View Post
    I find it interesting too cos I've know of people who deliberately not wear their Rolexes when on holiday. Ironically, they hang a camera that's more expensive than their Rolexes. Go figure
    Rolexes are more attractive to a thief than a camera of same or higher value cause Rolexes are easier and faster to convert to cash.

Leave a comment:

• clocking
    replied
    True true is Depending on the destination trip, family holidays like bintan alright leh. Now in the ferry to bintan departure at 915am many ppl wear Rolex and Pam, cuz I also wear Pam hehe..

Leave a comment:

• Ender
    replied
    Depending on the destination and nature of trip, usually Seikos for my fishing/diving trips, Daytona for business and Panerai for R&R/family holidays.

Ender

Leave a comment:

• visvim
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    from my observation, a lot of members here wear less expensive timepieces when travelling to prevent being mugged....then why does one buy a rollie GMT/Pam GMT and etc, then and only use it in SG? I find it hard to reconcile.
    Real life experience. Although it's not a expensive watch, i was wearing my Sinn on top of a taiwan mountain which had just snowed over the night. The floor was slippery and i slipped, doing a 180 flip with my watch landing glass face first on the rocky floor. The bezel was badly scratched but still working fine.

Unexpected things happen when people travel thats why they don't wear their expensive watches. Imagine if i was wearing a rollie or pam. Major ouch!

Leave a comment:

• salas
    replied
    Watch with GMT function for overseas. I wear my Steinhart Ocean GMT for oversea trip.

Leave a comment:

• gumpie
    replied
    from my observation, a lot of members here wear less expensive timepieces when travelling to prevent being mugged....then why does one buy a rollie GMT/Pam GMT and etc, then and only use it in SG? I find it hard to reconcile.
    I think it's mainly about how safe people feel in the country that they are travelling to. If they were to go to somewhere safe like Japan, I think that they would have no qualms bringing their Rolexes, but if it's some place like Vietnam or Cambodia, I suspect that's when they leave it at home and bring something cheaper avoid drawing unwanted attention. I also think that the context of the trip matters, if they're going to the more dangerous countries but on a business trip where they need to project a certain image, the Rolex might be called into action.

I really appreciate how safe Singapore is, and that wearing an expensive watch won't put me at risk of getting mugged and left in a ditch.

Leave a comment:

• azzurri
    replied
    I find it interesting too cos I've know of people who deliberately not wear their Rolexes when on holiday. Ironically, they hang a camera that's more expensive than their Rolexes. Go figure

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X