• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jazziceman
    replied
    Originally posted by decksurgeon View Post
    Very true.

but to the pure businesses traveller, he/she will prob sit in 1st/business.
    get picked up by chaufffer at airport. stay in nice hotel. rush to meetings in company location that are very secure etc etc. wont find time to go walk around in the city.

so there is next to no security risk for these guys.
    hell some of them even fly in their own jets. and these guys wont give 2 hoots about wearing a 100k watch as a daily beater.

the other group u will see are the "mafia style" eastern europeans. they will slap on a 500k timepiece and walk thru customs. we all know that's likely a way to launder money. they watch companies know it also. but who the heck is going to say anything about it?.... the rest of the thugs sure as hell wont touch the guy cos the retaliation is a death sentence guaranteed.

besides collectors, there is a dark side to very high end watches in this world and what they are used for
    sounds familiar - Donald Trump?

To be very fair, how many of us can afford such luxury here?

Leave a comment:

• decksurgeon
    replied
    Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
    i always believe better be safe than sorry.
    Very true.

but to the pure businesses traveller, he/she will prob sit in 1st/business.
    get picked up by chaufffer at airport. stay in nice hotel. rush to meetings in company location that are very secure etc etc. wont find time to go walk around in the city.

so there is next to no security risk for these guys.
    hell some of them even fly in their own jets. and these guys wont give 2 hoots about wearing a 100k watch as a daily beater.

the other group u will see are the "mafia style" eastern europeans. they will slap on a 500k timepiece and walk thru customs. we all know that's likely a way to launder money. they watch companies know it also. but who the heck is going to say anything about it?.... the rest of the thugs sure as hell wont touch the guy cos the retaliation is a death sentence guaranteed.

besides collectors, there is a dark side to very high end watches in this world and what they are used for

Leave a comment:

• jazziceman
    replied
    i always believe better be safe than sorry.

Leave a comment:

• decksurgeon
    replied
    IWC Top Gun.... when in aircraft must wear squadron leader watch. hahahah

as long as you not going some dodgy place IMHO u dont need to be afraid.

also if youre going some damm ulu village place, who the heck is going to know what a doppel chrono or a daytona is. all the more reason to wear.
    ....good example is bhutan....u aint gonna find a bling watch shop there and the man in the street is not going to know what a perpetual or minute repeater is anyways.

ive seen travelers were Lange & Sohne Datographs and what not on the aircraft. now that is a stunning sight and champion

Leave a comment:

• leslie
    replied
    Originally posted by louisoh View Post
    Same here... usually Seikos or some cheap watch..
    go HKG can wear rolex..no kidding..

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied
    Same here... usually Seikos or some cheap watch..

Leave a comment:

• seadweller
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    just like to know those who travel frequently, what is the watch(es) you usually wear?

does destination influence your decision?
    good question as i am about to go off for the long weekend..

i wear my trusty seiko divers ...

its automatic, keeps great time and has very nice character to it (many scratches liao)

Leave a comment:

• leslie
    replied
    Originally posted by louisoh View Post
    Wah... we have a climber here...
    LOL..mai siao siao..I think i am ready after climbing bukit timah last weekend..

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied
    Originally posted by leslie View Post
    I intend to wear my gmt to K2 in pakistan..
    Wah... we have a climber here...

Leave a comment:

• leslie
    replied
    just like to know those who travel frequently, what is the watch(es) you usually wear?

I intend to wear my gmt to K2 in pakistan..

Leave a comment:

• ahwoon
    replied
    My adidas..

depends on the purpose of the oversea (business or leisure) and whether the visiting country is safe or not.

Normally, I'll try to be casual and low profile, don't need those extra attentions.. No rolex or anything too bling.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    My cheaper watches like....my trusty Hamilton for M'sia.

Well the other countries....not yet go that far yet. But also should be Hamilton

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    CASIO for me.

Leave a comment:

• jazziceman
    replied

as long as need to fly, i'll put on my FOC Timex watch from my SAFRA membership

Leave a comment:

• feilong108
    replied
    current daily beater....hehehe....to me the countries have no effects on wad watch i wear...

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X