Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise on a scam website.

Hi guys,

recently i came across this website selling some items. On the 21st april 2011 i made a payment though my credit card. reading on the shipping contract it states that shippment would not take more than 10working days..however, when the date is drawing near..i still have not receive a tracking number from the website. On my first email to them concerning the tracking number. they replied that "due to some problems with DHL" they could'nt give me the tracking number at the moment. and assures me that once that get the tracking number within a fewdays, they would let me know. its more than 10days already and i still have not receive my purchase.

can anybody advise what to do? can i report this to the police and get legal actions?

cheers

Maybe you can list the URL here so that we can take a look?

In the drawer
    R 6694 / TH 3000 / R 79240 / R 16610 V / B Aviator / O PO / R 178341 /
    L Pilot Miyota Type-B / G Incursore / FC Healey

NIB Omega Planet Ocean 42mm for sale.

Comment

If you paid with credit card, can you not request that the bank do a "reverse charge"?
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

first make a police report.

then proceed to your issuing credit card bank and inform them about possible fraud and request for reverse charge.

when the bill comes, if it still shows that particular charge, take it with the bank.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Using an excuse about problems with DHL is not really a valid one.
          Tracking numbers would be known as soon as the goods are picked up by them. If anything, maybe they have either lost the documentation with DHL or the goods have not even been picked up.

IMO, this is definitely a SCAM.

Care to share if this is an overseas company? To help the rest of the community, it would be nice to share who it is.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            first make a police report. ...
            making a police report would only work if you reside in the same country as the scammer's origin (if im not wrong!)

making a police report in the scammer's local police and take it from there.

having done this before, it is not an easy task. even for interstate crime (not an issue in sg obviously )
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I hope it is not a lot of money because it is not easy to get back your money after you have authorised a credit card payment. A bank will not simpy reverse the charges based on your story, even with a police report. Usually the bank will treat such case as a "dispute", and contact the merchant to verify the transaction. The faster you act the better chance you have in getting back your money.

If the seller is still responding to your quires, then another option is to request to cancel the order and ask the seller to credit the amount back to you, since they have failed to deliver according to the sale agreement - that is assuming it is not a scam case.
              Last edited by Oceanklassik; 03-05-11, 03:07 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

U
                Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                ...even will a police report
                Wrong spelling...will = with. Mod can help to edit?
                Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X