No announcement yet.

Do & Don't of Sellers & Buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are many source of shops to authenticate such as; jw, tophour with just a small fee..
    cheap hassle free and also save precious time.
    Roger Dubuis Aquamare
    Frank Muller MasterSquare
    Pam 183
    Pam 176
    Cartier Carbon Chrono xl

Comment

Originally posted by december20 View Post
      there are many source of shops to authenticate such as; jw, tophour with just a small fee..
      cheap hassle free and also save precious time.
      Agree
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
        I heard about this before, but never happen in all my dealings. I think this practice is not a norm.

To me photocopy IC does not serve much purpose. If buyer discovers something wrong, say after few days of even few hours after the deal and get back to the seller, the seller can argue that he does not know what happen to the watch after the watch left his hands.
        Not to be KS, but anybody worried about the watch being stolen.Thus recording I/C of seller would be a safer thing. Some more recently newspaper got a lot of story about house breaking and rolex kena stolen..

Comment

Originally posted by TheKing View Post
          Not to be KS, but anybody worried about the watch being stolen.Thus recording I/C of seller would be a safer thing. Some more recently newspaper got a lot of story about house breaking and rolex kena stolen..
          Valid concern, but in my very personal opinion...that is not kiasu, but kiasi. Sorry to say that.

Comment

i added one more. this is because i recently encountered something interesting with a seller whom i know. i requested this despite knowing that there is a possibility of request not being met, i still try.

i pm seller to request for holding of item because my friend who is on board a flight is interested. i also informed seller that i will feedback the following afternoon if it is a good to go or no good to go.

however, seller did not respond my pm. interestingly, after my pm, seller continued posting. so i draw the following possibilities
            1. seller not interested to deal with me.
            2. seller did not receive my pm
            3. seller ignore my pm.
            4. other reasons

anyway, as a buyer i have learnt to manage my expectation of sellers. since seller is not interested to deal with me. there is also nothing i can do. i just move on.

most important lesson learnt - learn to manage expectation of buyer/seller.

Sellers:
            1. Do make known to buyer if you might not reserve the watch for him in the event when you receive a better offer before the meet-up.
            2. Do honor your words once you have agreed to deal at certain price. Your reputation is worth a lot more than a hundred dollar.
            3. Do inform the seller ASAP if you for some reason cannot turn up for an scheduled meet-up.
            4. Don’t get too upset if you feel you receive a “low ball”. Just ignore it. The definition of “low ball” is subjective.
            5. Don’t spend the money before it’s in your pocket - a deal is not done until it’s done (i.e. watch and money change hands).
            6. Responding to pm/sms/email.

Buyers:
            1. Do find out the desired details of the actual watch before the meet-up.
            2. Do indicate your intention beforehand if you want a no-obligation viewing, to manage seller’s expectation.
            3. Do not assume the watch is reserved for you even when there is an agreement to deal, especially when the meet-up cannot take place soon.
            4. Do arrange for the watch to be authenticated if you are in doubt, but inform the seller your intention before the meet-up.
            5. Do inform seller before meet-up if you intend to use other mode of payment other than cash.
            6. Do take all precautions before the deal, or be aware of the risk you take. Once the watch changes hands, it would be difficult to hold the seller responsible for any problem with the watch.
            7. Don’t get too upset if you lost a good deal. You cannot lose what you never had.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks for the input triton I moved it to the first bullet and added the word "Do" just to be consistent with the theme

Sellers:

1. Do respond to pm/sms/email.
              2. Do make known to buyer if you might not reserve the watch for him in the event when you receive a better offer before the meet-up.
              3. Do honor your words once you have agreed to deal at certain price. Your reputation is worth a lot more than a hundred dollar.
              4. Do inform the seller ASAP if you for some reason cannot turn up for an scheduled meet-up.
              5. Don’t get too upset if you feel you receive a “low ball”. Just ignore it. The definition of “low ball” is subjective.
              6. Don’t spend the money before it’s in your pocket - a deal is not done until it’s done (i.e. watch and money change hands).

Buyers:

1. Do find out the desired details of the actual watch before the meet-up.
              2. Do indicate your intention beforehand if you want a no-obligation viewing, to manage seller’s expectation.
              3. Do not assume the watch is reserved for you even when there is an agreement to deal, especially when the meet-up cannot take place soon.
              4. Do arrange for the watch to be authenticated if you are in doubt, but inform the seller your intention before the meet-up.
              5. Do inform seller before meet-up if you intend to use other mode of payment other than cash.
              6. Do take all precautions before the deal, or be aware of the risk you take. Once the watch changes hands, it would be difficult to hold the seller responsible for any problem with the watch.
              7. Don’t get too upset if you lost a good deal. You cannot lose what you never had.

Comment

Actually for private deal requiring authentication, does the buyer and seller meet at RSC to complete the deal? I haven't buy/sell privately before but my worry is:

1. If price is agreed and arrange meet up at RSC, the deal is expected to go through - except if it doesn't pass buyer's inspection, right?

2. If meet up at RSC say in the afternoon, would RSC be able to complete the authentication on the same day? They may only be ready the next day then how? Next day buyer and seller meet again at RSC earlier?

Sorry for the noops question but I just want to learn how to undergo a private transaction with authentication.

Thanks!

Comment

I believe (good) communication is the key to a successful deal. Or at least, if the deal doesn't go thru', there is no unpleasantness. You, as a buyer, can always state your terms with the seller and if he/she agrees with them, then when you two meet, there is lesser chance of any untoward miscommunication.

As for verification service, this is a little sticky because the RSC has changed their way of providing this service. They used to carry out verifications rather swiftly (20 mins to an hour or so) but since late last year, this same procedure can be over a duration of a few hours, even half a day. Best is to arrange a more comfortable time so that both parties will have ample time to wait (at least prepare 2-3 hours). Alternatively, if the wait is too long, say like 3 hours or so, either party can just leave the watch there and go on your personal chores separately, and then return later to continue with the transaction.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    I believe (good) communication is the key to a successful deal. Or at least, if the deal doesn't go thru', there is no unpleasantness. You, as a buyer, can always state your terms with the seller and if he/she agrees with them, then when you two meet, there is lesser chance of any untoward miscommunication.

As for verification service, this is a little sticky because the RSC has changed their way of providing this service. They used to carry out verifications rather swiftly (20 mins to an hour or so) but since late last year, this same procedure can be over a duration of a few hours, even half a day. Best is to arrange a more comfortable time so that both parties will have ample time to wait (at least prepare 2-3 hours). Alternatively, if the wait is too long, say like 3 hours or so, either party can just leave the watch there and go on your personal chores separately, and then return later to continue with the transaction.
                    Thanks Oceanklassik for the input. So it seems that for private seller/buyer who will only transact upon an authentication, the safer bet now would be to meet up at RSC early in the morning to make sure RSC can return it within the same day; but both buyer and seller be prepared that it'll take hours so may have to take one day or at least half a day leave just for that ........? Or is there a better way than that?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X