survey on watch polishing and servicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• survey on watch polishing and servicing

most watch lover owners will prefer their watches not to be polished if possible. however, there will be times where polishing needs to be done. there is a thread in lobang section where polishing is done @ a low cost of 50.

there are also polishing done @ higher pricing. however, most people will go for lower cost whenever possible.

as a watch owner, will you prefer to send your watch to one with a higher cost but you know the watch wont be heavily polished and it is a technician you can trust or will you still settle for a lower cost not knowing if you can trust the technician and if your watch is subjected to heavy polished?

does it matter to you whether you know the watch technician before handing over the watch? would you prefer if it is a referral from some people you can trust?
    lower polishing price with possibilty of heavily polished
    0.00%
    slightly higher polishing price but know it is lightly polished if possible
    25.93%
    trusted technician for servicing of watch
    70.37%
    unknown technician for servicing of watch
    3.70%
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

for those who have voted for trusted technician, does it matter if the technician have 'docs' to indicate he/she was once a technician @ say Rolex, Richemont, etc?

if the technician is in the market for awhile and goes by reputation, does the 'docs' matter?

if the technician is new in market and is untried yet, will you take a risk for slightly lower price?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      for those who have voted for trusted technician, does it matter if the technician have 'docs' to indicate he/she was once a technician @ say Rolex, Richemont, etc?

if the technician is in the market for awhile and goes by reputation, does the 'docs' matter?

if the technician is new in market and is untried yet, will you take a risk for slightly lower price?
      Para 2 should suffice for me. Para 3 is out, unless the watch in question is "risk-able".
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

For me , i prefer a experienced Technican that has been with any major swiss brand service centre and with proper certificates and most important...the place that the technican service my watch must be really clean....
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

would like to hear more member feedback and votes. thank you.

kindly email with
          2. your nick

Comment

for those who have voted for trusted technician, will you pay more for polishing(gentle polishing when possible) and servicing of watches?

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

I don't mind pay up to 100 for a good workmanship by a qualified technician to polish my watches.
              I hate to see if the person makes my watches look worst than before polish.

gentle/light polish : ~50
              thorough polish : ~100
              Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
              Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
              / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

i have been actively looking for more new watch repairers because some of my friends are asking me where can i service watches like AP where in the market are few and far between. these technician are reputable, however the turn around time is more than 1 month which some of my friends are not willing to wait.

i have recommended some to technician A who is my trusted uncle's friend who charges quite cheap for servicing which is less than 200. however, is a little out of the way for those without vehicle

i have also recommended some to technician B who is my of my regular technician i go to. however, some of them not comfortable. price is higher than technician A.

i have also recommended some to technician C who provides cheap and fast service. this technician is usually most go to.

then one of the people ask me a question which got me thinking. for 200 which include polishing. if you take away polishing cost @ 50 which is my of the lowest, then it cost 150. this technician turn around time is about 1 week. looks like is fast and cheap. however, what did the technician do? does the technician strip everything and do the watch movement proper or otherwise.

the question got me thinking. i told this person i got no idea mate. i recently found another one who charges me higher than technician A,B and C. however, this technician D is untested by me. so i ponder about 1 week if it is riskable as Oceanklassik mentioned.

i decided to give it a go. i requested this technician to take pictures after stripping the parts out of the watch. i also requested the technician to take pictures after cleaning (if any) before assembly. why? i want to know i am paying so much. this is a special request. he told me can. charge additional. i think is crazy but i did it. you think i am crazy?

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

one of the moderators is asking me to update and see what i think about the new untested watch technician.

i decided to start a new thread here

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    i have been actively looking for more new watch repairers because some of my friends are asking me where can i service watches like AP where in the market are few and far between. these technician are reputable, however the turn around time is more than 1 month which some of my friends are not willing to wait.

i have recommended some to technician A who is my trusted uncle's friend who charges quite cheap for servicing which is less than 200. however, is a little out of the way for those without vehicle

i have also recommended some to technician B who is my of my regular technician i go to. however, some of them not comfortable. price is higher than technician A.

i have also recommended some to technician C who provides cheap and fast service. this technician is usually most go to.

then one of the people ask me a question which got me thinking. for 200 which include polishing. if you take away polishing cost @ 50 which is my of the lowest, then it cost 150. this technician turn around time is about 1 week. looks like is fast and cheap. however, what did the technician do? does the technician strip everything and do the watch movement proper or otherwise.

the question got me thinking. i told this person i got no idea mate. i recently found another one who charges me higher than technician A,B and C. however, this technician D is untested by me. so i ponder about 1 week if it is riskable as Oceanklassik mentioned.

i decided to give it a go. i requested this technician to take pictures after stripping the parts out of the watch. i also requested the technician to take pictures after cleaning (if any) before assembly. why? i want to know i am paying so much. this is a special request. he told me can. charge additional. i think is crazy but i did it. you think i am crazy?

Taking pictures as evidence is to ensure the technician really does a proper job. I don't mind pay a bit more for the evidence, however if the technician includes the pictures FOC, will be a value-add!
                    Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
                    Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
                    / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

so far, i have not encountered any technician who is willing to take pictures.

then again, can you be certain the pictures are your watch and another watch? there are many ways to 'authenticate' the pictures as well if you know how.

i agree that taking pictures and provide end customer for free is value added. however, it takes time as well, time is money. as such, chances is low. even if the technician say is free. the technician can always add the cost into the servicing as well.

Originally posted by 3kingdom View Post
                      Taking pictures as evidence is to ensure the technician really does a proper job. I don't mind pay a bit more for the evidence, however if the technician includes the pictures FOC, will be a value-add!

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X