No announcement yet.

Keep Cash or Spend on Really Good Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If one has the cash... it's a good time to bargain hunt. Unless the cash is needed for potentially rainy days in the short/medium term.

If one hoarding cash, its ok. But if everyone decides to hoard cash, it will only drive the economy into even deeper recession. Which is what happened during the 1929 crash.

So if one have that spare cash, why not bargain-hunt? Plenty of opportunities. And ya... car showrooms are quiet... just went to look-see today. Bet I cough a bit... prices will start tumbling...
    The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Originally posted by panerai7776 View Post
      Let me guess. PP or AP?
      no lah, not so rich and i not bitten by these 2 brand bug yet haha.

Comment

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
        (...)
        So if one have that spare cash, why not bargain-hunt? Plenty of opportunities. And ya... car showrooms are quiet... just went to look-see today. Bet I cough a bit... prices will start tumbling...
        my car dealer so on............... today so early call me to test drive i told them, can test drive, but not in position to buy they say, depending on availability, can even lend me drive one day no obligation

something tells me that these dealers are desperate for sales
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Tough question ... think i may actually bite if the offer (i.e., watch) is really good ...
          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

During these bad times, instead of getting a good deal, things are getting more and more expensive.... a PP Ref. 2499 was auctioned at a record price of US$1500000+.... good deal? up to individuals....

Comment

agree agree...

right from the start it should be expected that there will be different views to such a question... coz we are all individuals from different background, subjected to different kinds of environment/upbringing/experiences, with different values and thinking, etc..

for the rich dude who paid that kind of obscene amount for the watch, he may feel it's money worth as an individual whereas the rest of the world may think he is crazy... ha!~

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              During these bad times, instead of getting a good deal, things are getting more and more expensive.... a PP Ref. 2499 was auctioned at a record price of US$1500000+.... good deal? up to individuals....

Comment

After one month recession, what is really dropping in price? I haven't seen any............

Comment

recession now.... Deflation is even scarier where lots of production will not be able to operate economically... That will cost ppl lots of jobs... Especially the car industry where at this climate, the vast majority will probably look at 2nd hand cars than brand new...

If a real good deal arrives, i hv sufficient buffer to weather the storm ahead, will definitely grab it. Another option is to flip the least likeable one in my collection to finance the purchase... (buy first, sell cuurent collection)

Just me....

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                  - GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                  - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X