No announcement yet.

Some 10 weird questions people asked and answers when buying watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agree. asking questions is fine. even "idiotic" questions i entertain because not everyone know what they are buying or know how to use google/search function.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Hi steve1968tan,

I'm rather amazed that with your very short history (Nov 2011?) of trading in this forum, you can come across so many "questions". Simply amazing . Though I agree with one/two of those questions you raised 'weird', most, I think are not illogical. Whether you like it or not, when you are selling in an online platform, for whatever items they are, there are bound to have questions thrown at you. To me, as long as the questions are directed at the item(s) and not irrelevant to its sale, I'm fine. Do note that not everyone are equally knowledgeable and au fait. Some may just be starters/beginners. A little patience go a long way.

Do pardon me if I may have mistaken you to be another watch lover/hobbyist, like me. I have to clarify that I am not a watch dealer/PI of any sort and I buy-sell watches as my hobby, well sometimes helping some close friends too. So I may not feel as deeply affected as a professional watch dealer/seller.

Tx.
      You be amazed is true bro, so far from *** and sg-roc my posts already have thousand viewers. Everyday or any time of the day this forum easily have viewers by the thousands too.
      I believe only when you sell watches cheap or your watches are rare find and exotic then you bound to have many sms enquiries
      To be exact i have received more than 100 sms for these few watches that i sell already. The amazing power of this forum SG-ROC and the numbers of watch lovers here locally.

If the watch you are selling is high then you probably won't even receive a single sms entire day.

Morale of the story of this thread is better to have callers then no callers so guys feel free to bomb me with more weird questions...

Comment

my uncle says... those who contact you to throw a price, are more likely to buy. you should be more worried if no one even bother responding to your ad (meaning either no demand/price too high/etc).
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

I think people don't have to get so worked up over low-balling. For example i quote a price, you don't want to sell you can just ignore. It's the same as when you want to buy something, you can try your luck with your budget, if the seller is desperate and you get the sale, would you consider yourself low-balling?

Comment

An interesting thread by TS, I can't help but to share one of my own experience trading in the Rolex garage....

In one of my most recent listings, there is this buyer who keep whatsapp-ing me to press my price, quoting that there is another almost similar watch selling at this place and at this price... bla... bla... and he goes on.

My point is... ultimately, it's the seller's prerogative how much he/she wants to sell. If he thinks the other watch is a better buy, I urge him to go ahead. Why keep pestering even I've already stated in my thread & reiterated to him that my price is firm?

Comment

Originally posted by visvim View Post
              I think people don't have to get so worked up over low-balling. For example i quote a price, you don't want to sell you can just ignore. It's the same as when you want to buy something, you can try your luck with your budget, if the seller is desperate and you get the sale, would you consider yourself low-balling?
              You are not incorrect. "Low-balling" is rather subjective too. There are some sellers whom I observed priced their watches/items high or above market rate. And when people start to make their offers, these sellers feel they are being "low-balled". Is this sensible? For example, a particular watch model is price around 6K in the pre-owned market. Seller tries to sell it at 8K and when someone offers 6K, seller says he's "low-balled". Like that how?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

have sold around 10-15 watches through this forum and kenna #1, #3, #7, #8, #9 and #10, shld consider myself lucky i suppose...
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                  have sold around 10-15 watches through this forum and kenna #1, #3, #7, #8, #9 and #10, shld consider myself lucky i suppose...
                  so once you kenna #2,4,5 and 6. you will have a full house
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

kenna 2,3,7,8,9,10 until I numb already. But the one recent request I got really champion...

'Bro Destro, I WANT your watch! But can you think of a purchase totalling the same exact amount, and use my credit card to buy what you want as payment for the watch?'

Walau ei... if I wanna buy something totalling the price of the watch I'm selling.... why should I let someone else earn the credit card points? And hello, every mother's son these days have credit card lah dae...

But the one question that really gets on my nerves is 'Broooo.... your Submariner Local or overseas set?'
                    A ROLEX IS A ROLEX.... Either Authentic or fake....U think handphone ah? Local or export set?!?!?!
                    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                    --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

you have met some very creative buyers... using their credit card is the first ive heard of.

even certain handphones have international warranty. just the kiasu s'poreans using excuse of local/export set to determine price.
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

The buyer requested for the credit card payment cause he could be taking a loan from card company, instead for the points.

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                        kenna 2,3,7,8,9,10 until I numb already. But the one recent request I got really champion...

'Bro Destro, I WANT your watch! But can you think of a purchase totalling the same exact amount, and use my credit card to buy what you want as payment for the watch?'

Walau ei... if I wanna buy something totalling the price of the watch I'm selling.... why should I let someone else earn the credit card points? And hello, every mother's son these days have credit card lah dae...

But the one question that really gets on my nerves is 'Broooo.... your Submariner Local or overseas set?'
                        A ROLEX IS A ROLEX.... Either Authentic or fake....U think handphone ah? Local or export set?!?!?!

Comment

U pple r real wimps some times. Want 2 sell things still cannot stand pple ask u qns Y u hope everyone ask u things u like 2 hear oni, n no bargaining, smile at u, go 2 where ever u r mos convenient.Then u say good ar Aiya no patience then don't sell

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                            This is hard to say man, local purchase from AD will almost guarantee 100percent authentic/not grey but overseas purchase may not. Some 2nd hand shop here claim that they can get brand new Rolex from overseas at steep discount. Authentic/brand new? Maybe but definitely not black nor white.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caliber View Post
                              U pple r real wimps some times. Want 2 sell things still cannot stand pple ask u qns Y u hope everyone ask u things u like 2 hear oni, n no bargaining, smile at u, go 2 where ever u r mos convenient.Then u say good ar Aiya no patience then don't sell
                              Wah so touchy, you must have used #1-#10 on sellers before ....
                              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                              three times is enemy action and
                              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                              ."

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                                This is hard to say man, local purchase from AD will almost guarantee 100percent authentic/not grey but overseas purchase may not. Some 2nd hand shop here claim that they can get brand new Rolex from overseas at steep discount. Authentic/brand new? Maybe but definitely not black nor white.
                                but if come from reputable AD regardless of country it should make no difference. just because buyer not familar with overseas AD doesnt make it any less "authentic" *imo*.

end of the day, it is how much you trust the seller to make sure you are getting a fair deal with no monkey business.
                                Blue 6694
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X