This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attitude and courtesy?

ohlins, While you are a moderator, I see a flaw in yr judgement call to delete my post telling the TS to be more friendlier. Is that wrong? SG-ROC has been a friendly forum and we could do away with hostility. This is the main draw to SGROC. If ppl try to make this forum become like a HWZ, then SGROC would loose it's appeal.
    I do not understand yr logic to "Start a new thread" just to remind this TS where he probably surf on this thread due to his interest to sell his watch. That too will not get the message across.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

i did not delete your post bcos of the things u mentioned. it was deleted bcos WTS is not for discussion. period.

i have moved your comments to an appropriate section.
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Huh?

??????????
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Pls read updated rules and regulations of OT in sales thread for the benefit of both seller and buyer .
        1675/16610/116234/78240
        Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
        Hublot BB ASF
        PAM 104J
        Sinn 903 H2
        Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
        U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
        If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Finally a decent answer to those of us who don't have any idea what rubbish is going on... why are post being deleted or "moderated" all of a sudden.

Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
          Pls read updated rules and regulations of OT in sales thread for the benefit of both seller and buyer .
          I know you guys are volunteers to Moderate this forum, but bear in mind, there is also a need to do so amicabily and tactfully. What am I driving at? Simple...
          1) There is a CHANGE / AMENDMENT in the R & R for the any respective Sub-groups, please inform all the registered members via PM. A mass broadcast of the amendment.
          2) Placing "Please read our Rules and Regulation HERE so as to make this forum a better place for all" at the top of the screen does not equate to informing everyone of the changes... You guys surely have noticed the Latest Announcement has been there for a while. This header / banner doesn't highlight the point or amendments to the R&R. Those who have more than 50post would probably READ those before you guys amended it. Nobody who have >50post (a ball park figure) would be bothered to read your R&R EVERY day or monthly for that matter.
          3) With the above two pointers NOT properly done, you cannot EXPECT everybody to comply. At least in areas where the moderator wish to exercise his authority, have the decency to explain it properly. There is definitely a phase in period. Its logical! Give a short explanation instead of flauting your authority that OT = delete = moderation required. "Period".
          While the moderators make this forum efficient and friendly, bear in mind, its the members that makes this forum rocks, not you.

What I am driving at is that Moderators too play the role of making this place friendly (starting from you, the moderators) and a nice forum for the like minded watch enthusiast. I've made fantastic friends here and love this forum for the environment and have met a number of Moderators and members on a couple of occassions.
          While you moderate, moderate tactfully, else you would only turn away those who fell in love with this forum.
          Frankly, today's encounter would have made me wana leave this forum for good but its because of MG who bothered to explain the reason behind the misunderstanding, shed some light on this issue.

Feel free to discuss.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

Eh bro jazz.. Relax lah..

But really, no offence meant to you ohlins, i too feel that you're getting too "ON" all of a sudden..
            Any reason we should know of?? Beside the bandwidth thingy..

Frankly, the main substance that keeps us all glued this forum for the 2nd year now is the friendliness of SG-ROC.

When u get back from a tiring day at work, it's nice to just log on and laugh at the stupid ( some really informative ) jokes ppl type here.. Really unwinding lor..

Personally, i feel, we're all friends here so a bit of OT should be ok.
            There's definitely no call for rank-flaunting here, so i'll have to support bro jazz samz on this one.
            Just my 2 cents..

And may i just mention that all of us still respect our dear mods for their time and efforts here!! Not to mention their knowledge in horology.
            [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
            Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

do note that not ALL POST are deleted or moderated. it is done in the Garage Section mainly because alot of irrelevant posts. if you are a potential buyer, do you want to scroll through pages of just "upz" posts and/or nice watch, etc. initially we were ok to couple of members doing it. however, it is getting more and more frequent and some threads are getting to few pages of irrelvant posts. as such, we have to start moderating.

do note that in other section, posts are not deleted. some posts may not appear because of some critical words are moderated. in case you have not realised, @ one stage, this forum was flooded with lewd/spam threads. now, it is getting lesser because of the filtering mechanism in place.

why was no pm/email sent, email was not an option in case it was treated by spam by ISP. secondly, due to network traffic charges, pm was not an option as well.

i agree that the latest announcement has been in place because it is meant to capture attention. however if a user does not read, then what can the forum do?

how do you suggest we mods explain to each member? sent a pm to each and every member's posts we delete?

as you have pointed out, if a user does not bother to read, even though the rules and regulations are cast in stone, then how?

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
              Finally a decent answer to those of us who don't have any idea what rubbish is going on... why are post being deleted or "moderated" all of a sudden.

1) There is a CHANGE / AMENDMENT in the R & R for the any respective Sub-groups, please inform all the registered members via PM. A mass broadcast of the amendment.

2) Placing "Please read our Rules and Regulation HERE so as to make this forum a better place for all" at the top of the screen does not equate to informing everyone of the changes... You guys surely have noticed the Latest Announcement has been there for a while. This header / banner doesn't highlight the point or amendments to the R&R. Those who have more than 50post would probably READ those before you guys amended it. Nobody who have >50post (a ball park figure) would be bothered to read your R&R EVERY day or monthly for that matter.
              3) With the above two pointers NOT properly done, you cannot EXPECT everybody to comply. At least in areas where the moderator wish to exercise his authority, have the decency to explain it properly. There is definitely a phase in period. Its logical! Give a short explanation instead of flauting your authority that OT = delete = moderation required. "Period".
              While the moderators make this forum efficient and friendly, bear in mind, its the members that makes this forum rocks, not you.

What I am driving at is that Moderators too play the role of making this place friendly (starting from you, the moderators) and a nice forum for the like minded watch enthusiast. I've made fantastic friends here and love this forum for the environment and have met a number of Moderators and members on a couple of occassions.
              While you moderate, moderate tactfully, else you would only turn away those who fell in love with this forum.
              Frankly, today's encounter would have made me wana leave this forum for good but its because of MG who bothered to explain the reason behind the misunderstanding, shed some light on this issue.

Feel free to discuss.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

members are free to discuss in our discussion sections....... so pls leave the sales thread for its intended purpose i.e. for members to sell their watches and other items.

when we first implemented the changes, we acknowledged that members need time to understand and adapt......back then when posts were deleted, we would include the reason....... in addition we also took effort to pm some members when their OT posts in WTS were deleted....

however, due to the volume involved, we cannot possibly pm everyone every time a post is deleted.....moreover, we had to deal with spam, which ordinary members dun get to see cos a post by a new member needs to be moderated..

we are glad to say that some members have rec this notice and replied that they will abide by our rules.... thank you....

some sellers have also thanked us for making WTS neat and tidy.......
                Last edited by ohlins; 13-11-08, 01:17 AM.
                visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Gosh.... Both of you are missing the point and NOT addressing the breakdown in communication of making the members aware of your changes to the R&R in the Sales Thread properly by just stepping in and say stating OT here OT there.
                  You are not recognising the problem.
                  If so the moderator team feels that "members are free to discuss in our discussion sections....... so pls leave the sales thread for its intended purpose i.e. for members to sell their watches and other items.", this was not practiced or enforced previously, and if you guys intend to do so now, do it properly in a friendly manner.
                  "Post by xxx has been moderated - Pls kindly stick to the intended purpose of the thread. Kindly refer to the updated R&R which can be assess HERE. This is to promote efficiency in the Sales Thread"

Instead of
                  "pls do not post OT comments in sales thread.....

if you have opinions about seller's statement, i suggest u pm him or start a new thread." & "it was deleted bcos WTS is not for discussion. period."

Can you see a difference???? You gave yr reason for moderation but that practice was condoned for sometime now, and you are not tackling the habit of a member by not offering him your purpose of moderation,i.e. a change in R&R that won't accept anything non-sales related in a particular thread.

This is in addition to a proper annoucement via PM to the members here of an updated R&R. Bandwidth limitation / traffice charges reasons do not outweigh the efficiency of a PM versus continuous moderation. OR if PM is really not an option, then temporary OMIT the Limited Edition SG-ROC watch announcement and update it with "ANNOUNCEMENT - 25 Oct 2008 Updated SG-ROC Garage Rules, Regulations and Disclaimer Information. Members please READ."

I mean if you guys can do a pop up during the announcement of the watch / the dinner ( I can't recall which), what so difficult in doing it again to get the message across properly.

The other thing is the tone that was used. Like I've mentioned, its the members that make the forum rocks, not the moderators.

I hope my criticism can be taken positively. I am bothered to persue this further is because I love this forum and I want this forum to be a friendlier and better place.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

we have been enforcing it for quite some time if u r not aware..... and we did not start only now....

maybe you have very high standards for friendliness but saying please as in "pls do not post OT comments in sales thread....." is far from offensive......

and i wrote "if you have opinions about seller's statement, i suggest u pm him or start a new thread." only bcos you have posted exactly the same comments after i deleted the first one. you had a choice to clarify with us but you didnt....... instead you chose to repost the OT remarks..... anyway what i wrote was again far from offensive.....

since you were trying to make a point, i then moved your post here...... which the rightful place for discussion.

Comment

Okok guys.. i'm sure we all know whats going on now ok.

In short, we are trying to keep things tidier over at Garage... it isn't nice to see OT stuffs on other people's thread... even tho it may be a free 'up' for them. ... but yes, we have to clean up those OTs...

Whereas, in Kopi Talk.. things are much more lax here.. So need all members understanding on the work we are trying to do here.

Maybe bro ohlins might have been abit harsh.. but it could be that he is being stressed too much by the amount of spam that we are clearing up here.. spam as in real spam.. not OT stuffs ok..

Lets all shake hands and leave this sour topic behind ok.

Own both of u kopi or a round of beers ok.
                      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                        Okok guys.. i'm sure we all know whats going on now ok.

In short, we are trying to keep things tidier over at Garage... it isn't nice to see OT stuffs on other people's thread... even tho it may be a free 'up' for them. ... but yes, we have to clean up those OTs...

Whereas, in Kopi Talk.. things are much more lax here.. So need all members understanding on the work we are trying to do here.

Maybe bro ohlins might have been abit harsh.. but it could be that he is being stressed too much by the amount of spam that we are clearing up here.. spam as in real spam.. not OT stuffs ok..

Lets all shake hands and leave this sour topic behind ok.

Own both of u kopi or a round of beers ok.
                        beer on louis?? all right... count me in...hehe *cheapskate look*
                        Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
                        Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
                        Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
                        Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X