Bad service at AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad service at AD

Hi I am not too sure whether I am expecting too much but I've got a pretty bad experience today at one of the local ADs.

My Chopard watch is having some problem after less than 2 months and I've just sent it back to the AD for repair. Fact is: I'm disappointed that they can't give me a timeline for the watch to be fixed.

Also when I request for the repair to be expedited (frankly watch movement problem after barely 2 months is pretty ridiculous), the sales person actually told me that the AD will be busy if everyone request for their repair to be expedited. And he asked me to contact the workshop instead.

Fact of the matter is: I bought the watch from them and I feel that they should be partly responsible to help customer get the repair done asap. If that's not possible, at least put it a nicer manner.

Lastly the ironic thing is that Chopard boutique actually advised me to get the AD to expedite. And the AD is asking me to chase the workshop instead. Looks like both parties are shirking responsibility and pushing the blame to each other.

Originally posted by Helmsley View Post
    Hi I am not too sure whether I am expecting too much but I've got a pretty bad experience today at one of the local ADs.

My Chopard watch is having some problem after less than 2 months and I've just sent it back to the AD for repair. Fact is: I'm disappointed that they can't give me a timeline for the watch to be fixed.

Also when I request for the repair to be expedited (frankly watch movement problem after barely 2 months is pretty ridiculous), the sales person actually told me that the AD will be busy if everyone request for their repair to be expedited. And he asked me to contact the workshop instead.

Fact of the matter is: I bought the watch from them and I feel that they should be partly responsible to help customer get the repair done asap. If that's not possible, at least put it a nicer manner.

Lastly the ironic thing is that Chopard boutique actually advised me to get the AD to expedite. And the AD is asking me to chase the workshop instead. Looks like both parties are shirking responsibility and pushing the blame to each other.
    It really sucks big time...you should name the AD and maybe the salesperson as well...

Comment

Originally posted by dennlow View Post
      It really sucks big time...you should name the AD and maybe the salesperson as well...
      It's Sincere.

Comment

Your request and expectation is valid.

Comment

Thanks for the support!

Comment

so u mean u hv gone 2 the boutique, then 2 the AD n AD asked u go svc ctr? RIDICULOUS!!

Comment

If you never "tekan" your watch, then it could be QC problems. I would expect brand like chopard to have top notch QC given that they are partial manufacturer themselves, other than depending on ETA movements. If other complains about Oris, ball or Hamilton, maybe still reasonable given their price tag but with chopard rid price tag for those ETA based movement watch, chopard and their selected AD should be top notch not only in QC but service as well. Guess its alway better to do things yourself.
              sigpic

Comment

Service at the Chopard boutique is equally bad. I asked them about estimated timeline and the manager actually asked me to chase the Ad for the timeline instead. And he looked like he can't wait to show me to the door. Really very disappointed with Sincere and Chopard boutique over this incident b

Seriously I got a better customer experience at Ball when I used to own the Fireman previously. So frankly expensive brands do not equate to better service.

Comment

first of all, i understand thread starter frustration. so lets address one issue one @ a time.

thread starter bought a watch from an AD. the responsibility is therefore naturally falls on the AD to handle thread starter issues. though thread starter can go to brand boutique to seek for further assistance, the boutique will usually refer the case back to AD because the watch is not sold by them. thread starter seek assistance from the boutique sales staff and not the service centre, hence the person thread starter seeks assistance is not the right person who can make the right decision.

the AD requests that thread starter seeks assistance directly from brand service centre which is correct. this is because they can ask the brand service centre to expedite, but they will not be the only one seeking such request and hence it is unlikely the request made by AD to brand to expedite the repair to be acceded.

both AD and boutique sales staff are right on the issue on repair. however, the way they communicated with thread starter is wrong. hence bad service by both parties is not appreciated.

with regards to timeline, thread starter need to understand that no one can commit to you unless the watch has been accessed by the watch technician to know what the issue is. if it is a minor problem, the repair time will be quick. if it is a more than a minor problem, it may take longer. then again, there is the issue of parts availability. if there is no parts locally, the wait for parts can be long. therefore to 'safeguard' themselves (AD), they will not advise customer the time line. just to share what is the time line expected for a brand like Lange for servicing the watch, can take on average 6 months. a JLC service can take an average of 3 months. servicing a AP clock takes about 2 months. as one can see, the servicing time varies.

moving forward, how to assist thread starter and address frustration. send in the watch via the AD, AD will tell customer when watch is ready. tell AD to contact you once the watch is assessed what the issue is and how long it will take to repair. usually, once the watch is assessed, it is easier to estimate the time of delivery watch back to customer. thread starter can then make a decision to service the watch by them or otherwise.

always note the date and person you contact with. this will give you the ability to cite when you call again and say that on this date, so-so advise me on this and that. if by the time that the watch is to be delivered and the watch is not ready, then go directly to the brand service centre and seek assistance.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi triton, thanks for the advice.

Comment

shops salesman usually can't give a timeline,as it is not within their control cuz they are not the watch technician,so they won't know how long it will take..

Comment

Well, not to add oil to fire, I was at Vincent watch causeway point yesterday to oogle at the new RW mastro collection. And one lady happen to ask about the repair of a x brand mechanical watch that has some winding mechanism problem. Do you know what the sale person told the lady? Two weeks approximate and cost around $200 plus. Maybe Vincent has own tech to repair watch for brands that do not has service center in sg but most brand that has service center in sg is simply taking too long to repair watch. From what I heard and experience myself, it is usually three weeks and more for even non complicated watch( i am starting to wonder if they are doing in-house COSC or jlc 1000hrs testing) Maybe most of them are under warranty repair so they took their time to repair. But I believe it apply to paid repair as well. Sure slow job produce fine result but it just too long unless their workshop is overloaded with spoilt watch.
                        sigpic

Comment

Actually I wasn't too concerned about the period of repair if they can do a good job of it. I'm just surprised that a COSC watch can be spoilt after barely 2 months. I should have gotten a Pam or Rolex instead

Comment

can you advise what is the issue with the watch?

is it not keeping good time?

is there issue with the power reserve?

Originally posted by Helmsley View Post
                            Actually I wasn't too concerned about the period of repair if they can do a good job of it. I'm just surprised that a COSC watch can be spoilt after barely 2 months. I should have gotten a Pam or Rolex instead
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Yup... I am interested to know what is the issues with your Chopard. I just got one GTXL power control same like the one listed in your signature less than 2 weeks ago. My only complaint is that it's a bit noisy. Can hear the movement sound while driving or typing on my notebook.
                              In my possession
                              Breitling Headwind, Tag Heuer Aqua Racer, Glycine Incursore, Rolex DSSD , Pam320L, Pam305N and Chopard GTXL Power Reserve

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X