Watch Article in ST on 02122007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Article in ST on 02122007

There is a watch article on sunday times today. bernard chong was interviewed as well. It covers a short note on a rolex daytona. stating it was made popular by paul newman in the 60. it also discuss on how to invest in watches. however i did not like the ending part where someone commented that one should go to reputable watch retailers such as hour glass, sincere and cortina. what are the rest? are they less reputable?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Yeah...I read that...it's a nice article. I am cutting it out and keeping it.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks for the sharing. I'll check it out later
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        There is a watch article on sunday times today. bernard chong was interviewed as well. It covers a short note on a rolex daytona. stating it was made popular by paul newman in the 60. it also discuss on how to invest in watches. however i did not like the ending part where someone commented that one should go to reputable watch retailers such as hour glass, sincere and cortina. what are the rest? are they less reputable?
        Hmm...wondering when is it our turn to go on the newspapers...that guy is a mod of a online watch forum also. Imagine if they put up our site name there...we huat ald...

To reply that what you said,I think it's just that these 3 companies paid them to say that...hehehe They are just bias IMO

Comment

Triton: u can write in and shoot them, den they interview u, u state this forum la

free way of advertising le

Comment

Hahaha...ask them if they want to do special write up on Rolex...hahaha

Comment

interview me? i got nothing worth to show...

think other forumers like ohlins, problemchye, marineguy888, plus some others got nice collection of watches.

interview them better. else interview a group of us also better.
              Last edited by triton; 02-12-07, 12:27 PM.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

interview me? i got nothing worth to show...

think other forumers like ohlins, problemchye, marineguy888, plus some others got nice collection of watches.

interview them better. else interview a group of us also better.
                I think it's more of the knowledge thing than showing our collection la...hahah
                Last edited by triton; 02-12-07, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  I think it's more of the knowledge thing than showing our collection la...hahah
                  i dont think they shared much. however, they say to go for limited edition pieces. however not all limited edtion pieces may not be worth investing.

currently, some brands are producing limited edition in special materials like pvd or something else. will such materials withstand the test of time? or will it be viewed as a fashion gimic?

in the article they also mentioned about preference towards mechanical watches. it also indicated the difference of mechanical and quartz. i would have preferred if they discuss more about movements.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

ya loh, i think it's just like cars, if used car market dont move, new car cant be reg... haha ... i think more used car change hand per yr thn new reg. cars... so without those preown, traders, pawn; new watch cant move leow.

for those hardcore collectors for some unique or vintage, dont think they look for AD, maybe more to collector, auction, preown, etc dealer.

i think a bit baias loh... for me, i also choose not to go those big 3 or 4.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X