europe in feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• europe in feb

will be going on my honeymoon to europe this feb.i read here that its still cheaper to get rolex locally but dun mind checking out the prices there.maybe they will carry stock for those which we dun have stock like the milguass.but comparatively if those models selling at premium prices then maybe over there they are selling at RRP then maybe its cheaper there even without discounts.btw went to dicksons today and they said the milguass will be going for a premium price of ard 15k but they said asia no stock now.
    Rolex TTsub
    Rolex precision
    Rolex air king
    Rolex ss datejust
    Rolex explorer II
    IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
    Breitling Avenger
    Rolex GMT master II
    Sinn Tempus Edt

approximately that much cos most ebay sellers asking about the same 14-15k ....
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

I think it's highly unlikely you get the models difficult to get in Singapore like the new GMT Master II and etc. From my experience, walk down any high street jeweller in England, Spain, Germany or France and they won't have stock for basic models like Explorer II, ordinary sub date etc, they have waiting lists for such simple models. They are poorly stocked in this side of the world. Discounts are also literally unheard of for Rolex sport models! Don't try to bargain - even if you're fluent in their langauge - it doesn't work. They can't stand the Asian/Singaporean way of hard bargaining. Call them racists if you like but they prefer not to sell you the Rolex at all! I speak French, German and Spanish quite well but it doesn't work because they know you're a tourist!

Comment

Oh and by the way, I think Spring is the best time to visit Europe with the cherry blossoms in March and April providing a good backdrop for honeymoon pics. The days generally much longer in April with longer hours of sunlight. The weather in mainland Europe during winter is not as unsettled, wet and unpredictable as British winters but they're much colder and drier. I hate winter every year and wish I could return home to Sg for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by profjohn View Post
          I think it's highly unlikely you get the models difficult to get in Singapore like the new GMT Master II and etc. From my experience, walk down any high street jeweller in England, Spain, Germany or France and they won't have stock for basic models like Explorer II, ordinary sub date etc, they have waiting lists for such simple models. They are poorly stocked in this side of the world. Discounts are also literally unheard of for Rolex sport models! Don't try to bargain - even if you're fluent in their langauge - it doesn't work. They can't stand the Asian/Singaporean way of hard bargaining. Call them racists if you like but they prefer not to sell you the Rolex at all! I speak French, German and Spanish quite well but it doesn't work because they know you're a tourist!
          there is a place in switzerland (Lucerne) in my itenery called Bucherer supposed to europes biggest place for luxury watches.no harm trying.my trip comfirmed leaving as enough ppl traveling in the group so not possible to change date.i understand no discounts(as in my first post maybe u did not notice) but local primium prices are carzy so maybe they are selling recomended retail price so thats a big difference.
          Rolex TTsub
          Rolex precision
          Rolex air king
          Rolex ss datejust
          Rolex explorer II
          IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
          Breitling Avenger
          Rolex GMT master II
          Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
            approximately that much cos most ebay sellers asking about the same 14-15k ....
            frankly speaking thats like 50% over the RRP!madness!
            Rolex TTsub
            Rolex precision
            Rolex air king
            Rolex ss datejust
            Rolex explorer II
            IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
            Breitling Avenger
            Rolex GMT master II
            Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

thats the reason i cannot convince myself to get a black face SS daytona(quoted 19k by dickson today and still have to be on waiting list)
              Rolex TTsub
              Rolex precision
              Rolex air king
              Rolex ss datejust
              Rolex explorer II
              IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
              Breitling Avenger
              Rolex GMT master II
              Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

Originally posted by terencehu18 View Post
                will be going on my honeymoon to europe this feb.i read here that its still cheaper to get rolex locally but dun mind checking out the prices there. but they said asia no stock now.
                there is a place in switzerland (Lucerne) in my itenery called Bucherer supposed to europes biggest place for luxury watches.i understand no discounts(as in my first post maybe u did not notice) but local primium prices are carzy so maybe they are selling recomended retail price so thats a big difference.
                thats the reason i cannot convince myself to get a black face SS daytona(quoted 19k by dickson today and still have to be on waiting list)
                first congratulations on your marriage. are u going on swiss/london/paris trip?
                also check out this milgauss post. this seller is in sg, got it already. it is available in asia - HK if im not wrong. you may contact the seller for price and further details.

yes lucerne and some other places in swiss have a shop called bucherer that is similar to that of our hour glass, sincere, cortina. there is some discount given if your tour leader puts in a 'good' word. however, i found out that the prices in sg is still cheaper generally if you know the local AD well. on the hindsight, do check out some of the pieces you might be interested in and do a comparision. do remember that you are able to claim back the VAT. so if you factor in the price you pay after claiming back the VAT is cheaper than in sg, then go for it. back in may, i managed to get a 16610LV @ $7900 after claiming back the VAT. the list price of that piece should be 8500 or around there. so it was a deal.

and yes, i was offered the daytona @ 19000 by my AD. dont need to be on wait list for me. but i still refuse to part with 7k premium. im still getting my friends to check out the prices in USA, and if the price is right, i would get it.
                Last edited by triton; 12-12-07, 07:25 AM.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  first congratulations on your marriage. are u going on swiss/london/paris trip?
                  also check out this milgauss post. this seller is in sg, got it already. it is available in asia - HK if im not wrong. you may contact the seller for price and further details.

yes lucerne and some other places in swiss have a shop called bucherer that is similar to that of our hour glass, sincere, cortina. there is some discount given if your tour leader puts in a 'good' word. however, i found out that the prices in sg is still cheaper generally if you know the local AD well. on the hindsight, do check out some of the pieces you might be interested in and do a comparision. do remember that you are able to claim back the VAT. so if you factor in the price you pay after claiming back the VAT is cheaper than in sg, then go for it. back in may, i managed to get a 16610LV @ $7900 after claiming back the VAT. the list price of that piece should be 8500 or around there. so it was a deal.

and yes, i was offered the daytona @ 19000 by my AD. dont need to be on wait list for me. but i still refuse to part with 7k premium. im still getting my friends to check out the prices in USA, and if the price is right, i would get it.
                  thanks,the one he is selling does not look like the limited edition one with the green sapphire although it is a black face model.how many percent is the VAT over there?
                  Rolex TTsub
                  Rolex precision
                  Rolex air king
                  Rolex ss datejust
                  Rolex explorer II
                  IWC Portofino Chrono

[U][I][B]Wishlist
                  Breitling Avenger
                  Rolex GMT master II
                  Sinn Tempus Edt

Comment

thanks,the one he is selling does not look like the limited edition one with the green sapphire although it is a black face model.how many percent is the VAT over there?
                    cannot recall the VAT. someone kindly respond to this. thanks.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Dunno abt VAT.. nvr been to europe..

Anything worth getting (cheaper compared to SG) in europe ?
                      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post

From my limited knowledge of the European watch market, i don't really think so. It shld be a bit more exp or around the same price...
                        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                          From my limited knowledge of the European watch market, i don't really think so. It shld be a bit more exp or around the same price...
                          minusplus is correct to a certain extent. some models are more expensive. however, if you do homework first, u might be able to come across some bargain. check my previous post in this thread where i mentioned that you need to know what price is it in sg first, then go there and do the sums. if it is cheaper, then get it else come back to sg and buy.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

From what i've gleaned from the people i've met along the way:

My german colleague used to trash his watch around all the time. The strap itself reminded me of some colour club (remember them?) watch i won 20 years ago....i was like what the hell man, what kinda watch is it that he was abusing so? Then on closer inspection, it turned out to be an IWC! Holy crapola! He told me he stays in a town in germany just on the precipice of the border with switzerland (not sure if it was schauffhausen itself), and the watches there go on PUSSY BLOWOUT in the summer!

Then someone saw my LV sub a year ago and started asking me how much i'd paid. I told him 8800, and he started chuckling, saying he got his SS black daytona for abt 11-12K in switzerland (darvos? i think). He said over there prices are a lil higher than here but there's no "towkay premium"....

Also, one of my bosses told me (now this must be 2004) that he paid 3000 bucks for his black roly explorer 2....amidst some chuckling with glee as well....

So i dunno......but my buddy says its cheapest in HK. He paid 1G less than me for his LV sub!

CCB. I'm not bitter
                            There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                              From what i've gleaned from the people i've met along the way:

My german colleague used to trash his watch around all the time. The strap itself reminded me of some colour club (remember them?) watch i won 20 years ago....i was like what the hell man, what kinda watch is it that he was abusing so? Then on closer inspection, it turned out to be an IWC! Holy crapola! He told me he stays in a town in germany just on the precipice of the border with switzerland (not sure if it was schauffhausen itself), and the watches there go on PUSSY BLOWOUT in the summer!

Then someone saw my LV sub a year ago and started asking me how much i'd paid. I told him 8800, and he started chuckling, saying he got his SS black daytona for abt 11-12K in switzerland (darvos? i think). He said over there prices are a lil higher than here but there's no "towkay premium"....

Also, one of my bosses told me (now this must be 2004) that he paid 3000 bucks for his black roly explorer 2....amidst some chuckling with glee as well....

So i dunno......but my buddy says its cheapest in HK. He paid 1G less than me for his LV sub!

CCB. I'm not bitter

not bitter after so much 'suanning' ?...
                              A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X