No announcement yet.

Watch shop in Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a bit OT but..where can i find oakley sunglasses cheap in hk?

Comment

Originally posted by deadbench View Post
      a bit OT but..where can i find oakley sunglasses cheap in hk?
      best prices are still in US. HK not cheap either. rather get it local so that got warranty.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

well..back from hk and the watches there r not cheap.... 7-8k$ for a submariner with date 2nd hand...

Comment

well..back from hk and the watches there r not cheap.... 7-8k$ for a submariner with date 2nd hand...
          thanks deadbench. u just saved me a few hundred dollars and a whole lot of heartache.
          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
          "Foreign affections"
          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
          What's NEXT?

Comment

my guess is..if u r tourist..most likely they wanna carrot u... i cant speak cantonese..so they dun give discount oso..

Comment

U came back w/o buying a watch?
              sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

ya..sad to say..empty handed.. i tink singapore cheaper...

Comment

ya..sad to say..empty handed.. i tink singapore cheaper...
                  i used to travel to hk very frequently ( many yrs back ) abt once a month. Mst hv stayed at more thn 15 diff hotels. my canton also sux. listen no problem lah. but dont dare to walk in to shop leh, scare. jst dunno why, guess all of us same race, chinese. tht's why scare ... hgahahahhaa

Comment

It can be a disadvantage when u cant speak cantonese I guess why some people find it difficult to get a good deal is when u start speaking mandarin and the staff mistook u for tourists from China! In general, they dislike them as they can be very rude and demanding. If u see a watch u like there, suggest u go in & ask politely. Perhaps if u can strike up a conversation (younger ones should be able to converse in English; the older ones u r probably out of luck!) and they realise u r not from China, prices should be negotiable. In any case, i'll be heading HK end of this month. Any watch pricing u like me to check out 4 u?

Originally posted by pet View Post
                    i used to travel to hk very frequently ( many yrs back ) abt once a month. Mst hv stayed at more thn 15 diff hotels. my canton also sux. listen no problem lah. but dont dare to walk in to shop leh, scare. jst dunno why, guess all of us same race, chinese. tht's why scare ... hgahahahhaa
                    sys12345

Comment

Partly true; partly nt. As long as u r a tourist, they'll c u as one. Even Cantonese is easily differentiated n they can easily knw if u r local or Sing/M'sian. Best is to go with a reliable local thre, like a relative/friend. Just sharing my personal experience. I could feel te difference in treatment when I was with n w/o my relative when we went shopping.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        Partly true; partly nt. As long as u r a tourist, they'll c u as one. Even Cantonese is easily differentiated n they can easily knw if u r local or Sing/M'sian. Best is to go with a reliable local thre, like a relative/friend. Just sharing my personal experience. I could feel te difference in treatment when I was with n w/o my relative when we went shopping.

It's funny man...when we are in s'pore we are treated like dirt by salesman and the tourists are like their Cai Shen Ye...when we go overseas it's the other way round...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

So far my experience in HK has been positive! Ranging from flyer distributors, shopping centre information counter customer svc to custom immigration officers. I've never been treated rudely nor have i ever failed to get assistance when i need it. I've also never had problems with watch retailers in HK. I've been given decent service. The discount was so that i got my Ball EMII C. LE from the AD. Am now trying my best not to get my 3rd Ball in my coming trip, else i'll be dead broke.
                          sys12345

Comment

actually hk svc is good. i think overall much better thn sg. but come to buying watches, i scare lah ... no explanation for it ... hahahha

Comment

my shopping experience in hk had been pleasant during my last trip, regardless whether i conversed in cantonese or not. but did not step into any watchshops though. they may be out to chop carrots

if u speak mandarin, the locals most likely will mistake u as taiwanese, happened to me. they too can detect the mainland accent.

Comment

Originally posted by seb View Post
                                my shopping experience in hk had been pleasant during my last trip, regardless whether i conversed in cantonese or not. but did not step into any watchshops though. they may be out to chop carrots

if u speak mandarin, the locals most likely will mistake u as taiwanese, happened to me. they too can detect the mainland accent.
                                So u speak Taiwanese mandarin? Yucks! So girlish.. Like those actors in te 9pm wkday show.
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X