confuse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confuse...

Recently my dad very kancheong to rush me buy rolex cause he claims the prices is raising.

So last Sunday we went to People park complex to buy. First hand is too ex and over my budget. Went a few 2nd hand shop (not sure do ur address those shops in this way) but none caught my eyes.. So finally settled at one of a quite reputable one ( at least to me it is. cause heard the name since young)

none caught my eyes until they show me this man size DJ. Im not sure how do ur call that face, its with alot of rolex printed. Chinese is call (lou ma si?) white face, WG bezel, braclet should be jubilee and the clasp is a crown logo. ohya got 12 diamonds around it too.

they quoted me 11k+ i forgot the actual price. but after much bargain and adding a diamond bezel (1.5k ) i bot it at $10,800.00 FML!
    i didnt know my dad choose the same as mine. just that his is HG. and after much fugging bargain with the bezel, they quote him $14,200.00

in total we paid 25k CASH! FML TTM!!! i was so blardy heart pain. they said our watches are 2yrs old and they didnt give us any original papers.
    Monday i was telling a colleague of mine and she said ive paid too much. i havent told her i paid cash. cause i know that usually with cash, they should have discounted more.

now after reading a few post, i felt soooo soooo damn cheated by that shop. cause i felt that i have super dubber fugging over paid for the pre-owned watch.

any nice souls here can tell me that i got a good price? cause i think im super noob in rolex prices.

bro done deal so dun look back.
    just enjoy the watches else you will always be in regret mode.

Comment

what you confused about?? why don't you tell us what were the models you and your dad brought and prices..i hope you are not comparing prices from the web. But do compare them with AD after less disc prices...of cos not preowned against new but estimation of preowned and new.

Comment

U bought from Pxxx Kxxx? The 4 chio bu very aggressive with their sales tactic. I asked for a TT TurnOver price and was quoted $10.5K and I nearly fainted.

Comment

probably the computer face date just model la...i had the half gold version on jubilee bracelet
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

If men size datejust with bling bling marker and bezel, 2 yrs old, the price is ok lah.
            My Timepieces:
            1) Seiko SNZG17K1
            2) Rolex 16570
            3) Rolex 116234
            3) Rolex 16613LB- Sold
            4) Rolex 116710LN
            5) Rolex 18239

Wishlist

PP 5712

Comment

Honestly, without Rolex papers, I feel it's not a good deal.

IMO, since Rolex just increased the price last month, it's ok to slowly find either a brand new or used piece. No need to rush. In particular, for used pieces the more you should take your time. Based on what you had described, payment using cash and no papers, I feel you could have bargained more. I always feel "trust the watch than anyone". Without papers, it's definitely less assuring. I would suggest you better send the watch for a verification, just in case.

The total $25k can definitely command 2 brand new DJs from any renowned local ADs, with reasonable discounts too. Perhaps may stretch a bit if getting HG or TT (Two Tones in Rolex terms). And most important, brand new and with 100% assurance.

Since you had made the purchase, I think it's pointless to think back. The shop surely won't accept it back, unless you sell back. But if you sell back, you surely lose more. I suggest go for verification to certify the watches' authenticity and move on.

Comment

Sorry but what is ad? Yes it's start wif a P the model is m116234 serial number starts with m.
                Btw do ur know how much doesn't the verification cost?
                Ya I know what done cant be undone so am admiring it everyday lol

Comment

Originally posted by wal13 View Post
                  Sorry but what is ad? Yes it's start wif a P the model is m116234 serial number starts with m.
                  AD = authorized dealer like hour glass, sincere and cortina.

Verification cost is $107
                  累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

AD is Authorised Dealer. Those 2nd hand shops are not. Usually, they sell used models from sellers or they have their own source to bring in brand new pieces. I did hear some bad comments about P, but it's only hear-say, so not much comments as I didn't encounter it myself. Thus I always believe in "trust watch than shop or seller" if you are getting used pieces.

M series is not too bad, about 4 to 5 years old. Don't worry too much, enjoy the watch. Rolex's quality is very good.

Originally posted by wal13 View Post

Comment

Wah ....paid 25k for 2 used 2nd hand watches without papers are carrot chopping. Faint...

Go case and compliant them? I don't know as never encounter before as I always visit AD to have a piece of mind, no doubt is more exp.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                      A Crown for Every Achievement
                      Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

They charged you additional 7% GST am I correct ?
                        If 23k GST will be $1610.00

Comment

Word of advice, if buy from 2nd hand shop, u will feel better if compare with retail prices. Comparing with forum prices will def make u upset cos its usually cheaper online like sgroc.

But to be honest, without papers, you have really overpaid

But nm, dun look back now. Just enjoy ur watches
                          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex01 View Post
                            Wah ....paid 25k for 2 used 2nd hand watches without papers are carrot chopping. Faint...

Go case and compliant them? I don't know as never encounter before as I always visit AD to have a piece of mind, no doubt is more exp.
                            don't we have 5-7 days cooling period law? can refund?
                            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                            Rolex 116610LV
                            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by vellefire View Post
                              They charged you additional 7% GST am I correct ?
                              If 23k GST will be $1610.00
                              Yep with gst smart move

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X