Italy or Paris?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy or Paris?

I will be headed to both Italy - Roma, Florence, Venice and Paris this December.

After heading to Cortina to check out the ANZ promotion and comparing it with some of the price lists here that watch fanatics have shared. I am convinced that I should get some watches during my package tour in Dec.

I will have a free day of shopping in Paris. However, Italy would probably be allotted a few hours of shopping.

Would anyone know of any contacts whereby I can make reservations of certain watches to either pick up or get them to deliver it to my hotel? Also where would be a better place to purchase watches - Italy or Paris?

I know that we have in our midst some bros who travel frequently and some who have even conducted such tours. Would appreciate any help or info.

I'm actually looking to get a sub tt in blue and another panerai, hopefully either one or max 2 of the following :372, 359, 424, 425.

Any help is much appreciated. Tt aside, I would be most willing to help fellow bros here who are familiar with me to purchase Louis Vuitton wallets or small items from Paris at no extra charge.

Bro Darkie, if anything catches ur eye, lemme know lah lol.

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
    I will be headed to both Italy - Roma, Florence, Venice and Paris this December.

After heading to Cortina to check out the ANZ promotion and comparing it with some of the price lists here that watch fanatics have shared. I am convinced that I should get some watches during my package tour in Dec.

I will have a free day of shopping in Paris. However, Italy would probably be allotted a few hours of shopping.

Would anyone know of any contacts whereby I can make reservations of certain watches to either pick up or get them to deliver it to my hotel? Also where would be a better place to purchase watches - Italy or Paris?

I know that we have in our midst some bros who travel frequently and some who have even conducted such tours. Would appreciate any help or info.

I'm actually looking to get a sub tt in blue and another panerai, hopefully either one or max 2 of the following :372, 359, 424, 425.

Any help is much appreciated. Tt aside, I would be most willing to help fellow bros here who are familiar with me to purchase Louis Vuitton wallets or small items from Paris at no extra charge.

Bro Darkie, if anything catches ur eye, lemme know lah lol.
    Hehehe...you seem to know I will definitely read this post.

For me shopping in Paris was a little boring, maybe cos alot of things that I wanted was out of stock. I heard Italy would be better for Panerai.

Alrighty will let u know if I want anything!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Keke yah I heard that stocks are Chanel are always out. Well I have a full day of shopping there so I'll be able to go around the vicinity

Comment

Keke yah I heard that stocks are Chanel are always out. Well I have a full day of shopping there so I'll be able to go around the vicinity
        Yeah, I went hunting for Hermes and Chanel there only cos the rest of my stuff I get them while I m in UK. So yeah everything OOS!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

you may want to read this thread
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            you may want to read this thread
            Thanks for pointing me in the right direction bro triton

Comment

No worries.

Can ask you help me buy things if you in paris?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction bro triton
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                No worries.

Can ask you help me buy things if you in paris?
                Of course can, if you trust me! Lol

Comment

parents just went back from paris, they said the AD there didn't give discount on watch... and the price of the watch in e end same price as BNIB set on the forum.

I don't understand why.... i keep telling them, "Ask for discount... every body get a discount..." but then they say... "No discount..." only GST rebate..

and they tell me also, the effort to take the GST is not great...
                  1. They have to go to the airport 2-3 hours earlier (on top of the normal 2 hours... so 4 hours earlier)
                  2. Q so long... many tourist from china / japan
                  3. After Q sometime the officer not in good mood, then can take break anytime
                  4. After Q ... some officer asking lot of ppl and make it more difficult...

Some time i wonder... how can we buy a cheaper watch from europe

Comment

Originally posted by dronell View Post
                    parents just went back from paris, they said the AD there didn't give discount on watch... and the price of the watch in e end same price as BNIB set on the forum.

I don't understand why.... i keep telling them, "Ask for discount... every body get a discount..." but then they say... "No discount..." only GST rebate..

and they tell me also, the effort to take the GST is not great...
                    1. They have to go to the airport 2-3 hours earlier (on top of the normal 2 hours... so 4 hours earlier)
                    2. Q so long... many tourist from china / japan
                    3. After Q sometime the officer not in good mood, then can take break anytime
                    4. After Q ... some officer asking lot of ppl and make it more difficult...

Some time i wonder... how can we buy a cheaper watch from europe
                    Now ure scaring me. I don't rem the claiming being tt bad the last time I was there. I do rem that it was easier to claim the vat in italy tho.

Comment

These are the problems when they share with me
                      1. when claiming tax in paris, it's long queue.. have to wait for a very long time
                      2. when claiming tax in milan.. same like in paris, but better... but the italian sometimes don't want to give u the GST if you buy in paris
                      3. when claiming tax in valencia, they don't even want to chop your paper... because it's not from valencia...
                      4. when claiming tax in munich, they have to go back 2x because the officer who chop, chop at a wrong place... then gst officer don't want to give the money back...

well... i only hear this from them...

Comment

Paris and Milan long queue most of the time.

Lots of PRC, Indonesian tourists.
                        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Paris would be a better buy plus easier to claim tax..

Comment

Originally posted by aazim View Post
                            Paris would be a better buy plus easier to claim tax..
                            Thank you all for your suggestions! If any bros have contacts for panerai or the blue sub tt, do let me know. Thanks!

Comment

IN recent year, Paris only allow tourist to pay 1 pcs of bag per visit or per entry into Paris.
                              In UK, they allow you to buy 1 per day.
                              You have to double check

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X