In-car video camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-car video camera

Hello, had a motorcycle hit my car from behind few weeks ago therefore thinking of installing in-vehicle video camera.

Can anyone here recommend some good video camera that they are using now? (i tend to avoid just read the review from magazines cus its never as accurate as actual experience).

If u find that ur video camera is pretty good. Would appreciate if you can let me know the model, where did u buy it and price pls? I am thinking of installing 1 front n 1 to the rear window. I suppose the video camera will still capture the images clearly even at night.

Thank you very much

It depends on what angle you want to capture.

if you want to capture from behind the car, then i would suggest that you install one camera @ the rear windscreen. if you want to capture the front, then get one install @ the front windscreen. do not get those camera that has dual lens fitted on 1 camera. this type of camera is mainly used to capture front of vehicle and sides of vehicle.

one of the reliable brands is black vue. however, they dont come cheap.

capturing angle is important, as such, i would suggest a minimum of 120 degrees. ideally is 140 degrees.

another consideration when getting such devices is to get it to wire to ignition only if you want to capture when driving. if you want to capture recording when your car is in park mode, then you need to get one of those auto-cut power when it sense your car battery is low or those with in built battery in the lens.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks triton, how much will it cost roughly?

Wat bout others? Tot in-vehicle cameras are getting more n more popular. Or is it the one u r using is not good?

Comment

Blackvue is quite expensive,it should cost around 400.00+. For me personally I had installed car black box, one rear one front.
        It's 720p with 150 angle degrees, I have been using this since 2010. I bought mine cheap via dealextreme at around sgd70.00 per unit.

Till date, been 2 years + no problem with the china made unit, on and off I did remove the memory card and play it in my pc to ensure everything is in order, check if there is lag time between files and format the card.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        A Crown for Every Achievement
        Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X