"Weird" WTB threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Weird" WTB threads

Have anyone noticed various wtb threads where for the item they wanted, there are various thread available for sale in the garage. Those for sale also meet the wtb requirement and some are listed on the first page of their forum section. There are even occasions where under new post, the wtb are "bumped" just after a fs which was just "bumped" as well. Some of these thread are even constantly "bumped", butwhy wastetime when whatyou wanted is readily available.

I just cannot understand what is the purpose for the person posting the wtb thread. The One possible reason I can think of is themperson's wtb is only at certain price range, but if this is the case, why don't they post their wtb price.

No offense to anyone as i am just very curious to know. Any views.

Noticed that as well. I think the reason you mentioned is a logical conclusion. I have personally experienced buyers who posted WTB expecting unrealistic prices but you can't blame them for trying their luck.

To state a WTB price is a bit tricky unless the buyer knows the market very well and specifies the desired condition of the watch very clearly but even then it might still end up with dispute due to different interpretation of condition blah blah blah.

What I have learned is that if you had posted a WTS and see someone posts a WTB of the same watch, just assume he has seen your thread and don't bother to approach him, but do the usual bumping up of your sales thread.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

It could also be that such buyers have a certain budget that is significantly lower than the asking prices out there, and therefore afraid to make an offer to the sellers in case they are been seen as low ballers. Hence they create a WTB to attract sellers and try their luck, to avoid being called low baller. Make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by xiaoli
        If WTS items is compulsory to state the selling price, I believe WTB should state theirs also.
        Dunno if the moderators would want to enforce this.
        I agree with xiaoli on the point that the moderators should look into WTB should state their buying price. Lots of these WTB thread are living in dreamland......

Comment

Understand that every buyer wants the best price, but one still need to be realistic with their offers, against what they can afford (i.e. buy within one's limits). For those WTS threads, I went looking at the Garage and there are a number of WTS with reasonable starting price. Assuming the WTB's offer is within market's range, negotiation should be possible. Guess we never know until some of those who posted such WTB enlighten us.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          Noticed that as well. I think the reason you mentioned is a logical conclusion. I have personally experienced buyers who posted WTB expecting unrealistic prices but you can't blame them for trying their luck.

To state a WTB price is a bit tricky unless the buyer knows the market very well and specifies the desired condition of the watch very clearly but even then it might still end up with dispute due to different interpretation of condition blah blah blah.

What I have learned is that if you had posted a WTS and see someone posts a WTB of the same watch, just assume he has seen your thread and don't bother to approach him, but do the usual bumping up of your sales thread.
          Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          It could also be that such buyers have a certain budget that is significantly lower than the asking prices out there, and therefore afraid to make an offer to the sellers in case they are been seen as low ballers. Hence they create a WTB to attract sellers and try their luck, to avoid being called low baller. Make sense?
          Not impossible but don't recall seeing any forum having such a rule for WTB, but almost all has the price rule for WTS.

Originally posted by xiaoli
          If WTS items is compulsory to state the selling price, I believe WTB should state theirs also.
          Dunno if the moderators would want to enforce this.
          Originally posted by kesyersoze View Post
          I agree with xiaoli on the point that the moderators should look into WTB should state their buying price. Lots of these WTB thread are living in dreamland......

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
            Understand that every buyer wants the best price, but one still need to be realistic with their offers, against what they can afford (i.e. buy within one's limits)
            Fully agree! If not prepared to pay close to market price then don't post WTB.

Being told once: "willing seller willing buyer", L-L...

Comment

this issue was brought up many times. the reason why it is hard to impose buyer putting down a price is dependent on several factors
              1. experience of buyer
              2. condition of watch
              3. complete set or otherwise

an experience buyer should be able to put a range of buying price. however, it can work for and against a genuine buyer. *let you go figure out*

a buyer can state condition -90%, but to a seller the 90 can be just 85%. this can create unnecessary tension between both parties

similar to the above point, for example a buyer complete set of a panerai watch is triple box. but to a seller it is double box. then how? again how first time buyers/sellers of panerai watches are aware that movement stickers can be used as a extra form of authentication? how many people buy rolex watches are aware that the green and red tags can add to what some people call completeness of a watch

as much as sg-roc tries to make the forum a fairer system for all, it is not possible to please everyone. i hate to say this, but i have heard many members indicating that there are already so many conditions to follow. do you want sg-roc to impose more conditions?

as mentioned before, there are limited resources and certain features/conditions cannot be implemented due to various constraints.

more importantly, from administrative/moderation point of view, there are already ~10 sections of monitoring of sales threads with limited number of moderators. adding additional workload is not possible. there are many qualities that the administration look @ when inviting a member to be a moderator.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

No offence but I never had good experience when contacting the potential buyers via wtb threads .... Nowadays I just bump my sales threads ....

Comment

Originally posted by mobile22 View Post
                  No offence but I never had good experience when contacting the potential buyers via wtb threads .... Nowadays I just bump my sales threads ....
                  I didn't have very good experience either contacting WTB buyers. On the other hand, I myself have bought 2 or 3 watches by posting WTB thread and got +ve feedback for those deals. So I believe there are sincere and realistic WTB buyers out there. However I still maintain that WTB buyer should do their homework on the "market price" prior to posting such a thread.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X