This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bro Jamy, cancel the deal.

In the market you sure can find another similar vintage watch. I believed the one you are holding on are not the only watch in this world.
    Importantly, you need to verify at a reputable independently watch maker on the movements etc.

I believe you will feel better and move on with your original longines watch and with the $$$ you can getter better deal elsewhere and treat this as a lesson learned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A Crown for Every Achievement
    Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

• hi. Bro how to cancel when this guy dont even want to get it working let alone cancel the deal..fat hope to me. But i can never imagine someone who is this stubborn. Its frustrating like coming against a wall..someone who is a regular seller should have the courtesy to honor his words... Just look at the way he gave guarantee only to tell me in this forum that his perception is that once watch out of his hands any damage is not his responsibility. And to use a photo in his sale forum to show the movement and make a nice description of it and to tell me that he has never open the watch before so he doesnt know anything about it now that the findings has been reveal goes to say that he simply misrepresenting something just to sell it. It doesnt matter that he has completed many other deals without problem if he try to get away from this bad deal. To think of it he is worse off than those replica sellers who operate behind a screen in a far away land and yet they are honorable enough to take responsibility and rectify problem i have with my purchases. They could have run away since there is no way im able to go after them but to think that they more dignified than a fellow singaporean who refuse to own it up to his lies by using a photo to sell his watch n now turn around to say he has never open the watch before. To think that this is happening in our own back yard really is a great shame especially from one in a teaching profession. He think that his $300 is his way to compansate me so that he can just walk away from it. Really a disgrace.
      facebook.com/watches.jamy

Mine:
      1) Rolex Seadweller T-Series
      2) Seiko Sports Vintage
      3) Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Chrono
      4) Polaris Homage
      5) Heuer Carrera
      6) JLC Memovox Deep Sea
      7) Baume n Mercier
      8) Helson Skindiver
      9) Hamilton Air Race & X-Copter
      10) Longines Chrono
      11) Meistersinger
      12) Omega Triple Date
      13) Tudor Big Block Full set
      14) Revue Theomann Alarm
      15) BALL EM2 World Time
      16) Zenith Triple D

Comment

• infact everyone on this forum should jump on him to ensure he doesnt pull the same stunt on those of you who may deal with him in future..

Mine:
        2) Seiko Sports Vintage
        4) Polaris Homage
        5) Heuer Carrera
        6) JLC Memovox Deep Sea
        7) Baume n Mercier
        8) Helson Skindiver
        10) Longines Chrono
        11) Meistersinger
        12) Omega Triple Date
        14) Revue Theomann Alarm
        15) BALL EM2 World Time
        16) Zenith Triple D

Comment

• Well, if it me. I will hunt him down. It's a matter of principle and I will not accept his way of handling this matter.

Get the deal off and move on.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Bro, i cant do that n i wont resort to this way...im avoiding that. But if everyone on this forum can put the pressure on him especially if the owner of this forum can stop him from putting his strap n watch for sale on this forum.. Let him create another nic if he want.. But im not ruling out a legal action against him if he prefers to settle the issue this way and spend his time getting involve in law suit. Really sad man.

Mine:
            2) Seiko Sports Vintage
            4) Polaris Homage
            5) Heuer Carrera
            6) JLC Memovox Deep Sea
            7) Baume n Mercier
            8) Helson Skindiver
            10) Longines Chrono
            11) Meistersinger
            12) Omega Triple Date
            14) Revue Theomann Alarm
            15) BALL EM2 World Time
            16) Zenith Triple D

Comment

• WHy he doesn't cancel the deal and take the watch back with all these evidence is beyond me. Unless he did not guarantee the watch is original (in which case, Jamy would not have bought it), I don't see how he should get away with this.

Any sane stand-up seller would have taken the watch back in a hurry. But then again, i have encountered 2 similar cases where I wished I didn't have to deal with Fkers like them. One of them is still selling happily in the forum.

The forum ought to consider having a BLACKLIST sticky somewhere where reported punks and conmen are listed for all to see.
              The feedback irating is somewhat flawed because people are afraid to give negative feedback due to retaliation from the other party. Besides a lack of anonymity, the guy reporting a negative feedback on irating has no protection at all...and many idiot sellers/buyers continue to ply their trade in the forum.
              Of course, this being a free market, one buys with a risk.
              Last edited by polarinda; 04-11-12, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• this consideration was suggested before you did. i reiterate that the seller can simply create a new nick, get a new hp number. so to have a blacklist is not useful since there is a way to bypass the system.

there are people who gave bad rating before. the number of positive rating overwhelms the negative rating. as such it may take you some herculean effort to find them

if anonymous member can give bad rating, then there is no way to justify if members are giving negative rating purely because the sale has gone wrong or otherwise. as matured thinking adults, you should be able to leave a negative feedback without the fear of repercussion. there is a need to input the transacted deal url because it gives some form of accountability. just like the iTrader system will display the nick to show accountability. if there is no nick, transacted url, it can render the system ineffective because no one can back-track to see which watch is in concern.

the iTrader system is meant to use as a guide to facilitate a potential transaction.

there is no perfect system in the world, because everyone expectation is different.

i recently purchased a watch from a fellow member. this member did not post any pictures in the thread. however, it stated that the watch is in very good condition. so what did i do? i ask for pictures of the watch either via email or what's app. after which i seek the seller's understanding that i like to purchase the watch on conditions that i need a closer look @ the watch before buying. i brought down my loupe and inspect the general external condition of the watch. also i did inform the seller it is a non obligation buying if the watch external and internal do not meet my expectation.

we scheduled a meet up @ a convenient time and place. i checked the watch condition, i am happy with it. i ask seller that i need to authenticate the watch and the seller said ok. however, i did let buyer know that if the condition inside is no good, i would either ask for a lower price and/or that i dont purchase the watch if it is bad enough.

first i check that the bracelet end links to ensure it matches the watch model i am buying.
                second i check the bracelet clasps code to make sure that the bracelet code used matches the period stated for the watch case serial.
                third, i check the general external condition of the watch including the lugs.
                fourth, i check the tightness of the bracelet links.
                fifth, i unscrew the crown and tighten the crown and gave the watch couple of quick rounds to see the movement of hands and date change.

i did not request to remove the bracelet to match the serial number on case to the paper. why? because, i dont want any misunderstanding in an event i remove the bracelet and something untold happens to the watch.

seller then pass me the package of the watch which i politely decline because the watch is still officially the seller.

brought it to a trusted 3rd party technician near where we met for inspection of watch. the seller then pass me the package which i then handed to the technician.

3rd party technician show me the watch movement and i examined it. all is ok. i b.ought the watch. i never buy a watch without checking external and internal prior to buying a watch unless it is BNIB.

Originally posted by polarinda View Post
                The forum ought to consider having a BLACKLIST sticky somewhere where reported punks and conmen are listed for all to see.
                The feedback irating is somewhat flawed because people are afraid to give negative feedback due to retaliation from the other party. Besides a lack of anonymity, the guy reporting a negative feedback on irating has no protection at all...and many idiot sellers/buyers continue to ply their trade in the forum.
                Of course, this being a free market, one buys with a risk.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                  this consideration was suggested before you did. i reiterate that the seller can simply create a new nick, get a new hp number. so to have a blacklist is not useful since there is a way to bypass the system.

there are people who gave bad rating before. the number of positive rating overwhelms the negative rating. as such it may take you some herculean effort to find them

if anonymous member can give bad rating, then there is no way to justify if members are giving negative rating purely because the sale has gone wrong or otherwise. as matured thinking adults, you should be able to leave a negative feedback without the fear of repercussion. there is a need to input the transacted deal url because it gives some form of accountability. just like the iTrader system will display the nick to show accountability. if there is no nick, transacted url, it can render the system ineffective because no one can back-track to see which watch is in concern.

the iTrader system is meant to use as a guide to facilitate a potential transaction.

there is no perfect system in the world, because everyone expectation is different.

i recently purchased a watch from a fellow member. this member did not post any pictures in the thread. however, it stated that the watch is in very good condition. so what did i do? i ask for pictures of the watch either via email or what's app. after which i seek the seller's understanding that i like to purchase the watch on conditions that i need a closer look @ the watch before buying. i brought down my loupe and inspect the general external condition of the watch. also i did inform the seller it is a non obligation buying if the watch external and internal do not meet my expectation.

we scheduled a meet up @ a convenient time and place. i checked the watch condition, i am happy with it. i ask seller that i need to authenticate the watch and the seller said ok. however, i did let buyer know that if the condition inside is no good, i would either ask for a lower price and/or that i dont purchase the watch if it is bad enough.

first i check that the bracelet end links to ensure it matches the watch model i am buying.
                  second i check the bracelet clasps code to make sure that the bracelet code used matches the period stated for the watch case serial.
                  third, i check the general external condition of the watch including the lugs.
                  fourth, i check the tightness of the bracelet links.
                  fifth, i unscrew the crown and tighten the crown and gave the watch couple of quick rounds to see the movement of hands and date change.

i did not request to remove the bracelet to match the serial number on case to the paper. why? because, i dont want any misunderstanding in an event i remove the bracelet and something untold happens to the watch.

seller then pass me the package of the watch which i politely decline because the watch is still officially the seller.

brought it to a trusted 3rd party technician near where we met for inspection of watch. the seller then pass me the package which i then handed to the technician.

3rd party technician show me the watch movement and i examined it. all is ok. i b.ought the watch. i never buy a watch without checking external and internal prior to buying a watch unless it is BNIB.

What you did is correct and should be applied to all watches we buy in the forum.

Still, it doesn't exonerate the case here about this seller's responsibility of a warranty given albeit verbally that the watch is all good and original, which it is not, according to the buyer.

I should check my watch doesn't mean you can sell me a non-original one which you guaranteed to be original...and then not take responsibility for it.

Comment

• Hi! That is what i told crippy when i ask for a period guarantee and he said not to worry the watch no problem(crippy if u are reading this plse tell me if you didnt said that) and i told him if anything i will return it. Even when the first time i reported the problem i again told him i will monitor and if this problem persist i will have to return it. We can make an effort to check the physical condition n even get a technician to do it but in my case i cant check the 'fast by 45mins' problem unless i make crippy spend a day with me monitoring his watch. If you check all physical condition is good but two days time you have the same timing problem as me so what do you do? Unless i resort to hunting crippy down,go to his school, put him on Stomp or wait for him to appear at MRT station and embarrass him - there is not much i can do the nice way. This guy is so thick skin that he simply doesnt care. I will be seeing my lawyer tomorrow and never mind that im going to use money n time to go after him to settle this and since he prefer it this way then too bad.. His words is clear cut that he sell with no intention to make good his guarantee and using a photo to show the movement when he later claim he never even open the watch before.. I believe he didnt even wear the watch for at least a few days before he handed to me. I knew it bcos when i wanted to meet he said he is in school and did not wear it and the day he came to meet me he was wearing another watch n the Omega was kept in a small box and yet he can say he wear the watch to school without any problem. I can easily verify this by looking at the school CCTV to show how often he wear his faulty watch. If im not wrong this watch was bought around 20th Aug this year and he actually told me he had it for a year already.. So he actually said alot of things which im begining to as lies.. For him to say that once watch is out of his hands is no longer his problem. If he has the guts let him come out to tell us then what is his guarantee for and why didnt he spell that out at the point of sales. Also why use a photo when he now claim he didnt open the watch so he doesnt know whats inside then why describe the movement as beautiful. Crippy face your responsibility like a man..

Mine:
                    2) Seiko Sports Vintage
                    4) Polaris Homage
                    5) Heuer Carrera
                    6) JLC Memovox Deep Sea
                    7) Baume n Mercier
                    8) Helson Skindiver
                    10) Longines Chrono
                    11) Meistersinger
                    12) Omega Triple Date
                    14) Revue Theomann Alarm
                    15) BALL EM2 World Time
                    16) Zenith Triple D

Comment

• Bro, I support your legal against him rather than to let him get away Scott free.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Bro, thanks for yr support. Not about being fake but about saying guarantee then later say guarantee got terms and for using a photos and selling it with emphasis on the movement only to say later that he never open it before and dont know whats in it..since its legal action i will emphasize on those non original parts.. I have been nice to accept them earlier and just want him to get it moving but since he is not interested then he is forcing me to a corner. Sad that things have to be this way... Is that how a graduate n a teaching professional behave is beyond my mind. Totally disappointed.

Mine:
                        2) Seiko Sports Vintage
                        4) Polaris Homage
                        5) Heuer Carrera
                        6) JLC Memovox Deep Sea
                        7) Baume n Mercier
                        8) Helson Skindiver
                        10) Longines Chrono
                        11) Meistersinger
                        12) Omega Triple Date
                        14) Revue Theomann Alarm
                        15) BALL EM2 World Time
                        16) Zenith Triple D

Comment

• Maybe all sellers and buyers need to register with photos of ic in future so all can recognise when something like that happens. And unless one goes for plastic surgery, changing nick and hp would help little once exposed.

Logistically a nightmare but without it, this guy, if no action taken, will continue to sell with empty warranties. Who the hell is crippy or paul, who knows?

If that's the consensus of the forum, fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMYLIM View Post
                            ...I will be seeing my lawyer tomorrow and never mind that im going to use money n time to go after him to settle this and since he prefer it this way then too bad...
                            Originally posted by JAMYLIM View Post
                            ...Sad that things have to be this way... Is that how a graduate n a teaching professional behave is beyond my mind. Totally disappointed.
                            it will be a waste of time and money unless the lawyer is your friend or you are meeting him/her without charge. to be honest, your "case" will go no where. no lawyer will tell you that due to the hours billable.

"graduates" and/or teachers have been known to behave worse than this, and such behavior is not a reflection of the profession or educated in general.
                            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

• Goodmorning bro, Thanks for the advise and wisdom. Being trying to do that but the thought of some irresponsible people like this fellow just pisses me off.... Thanks and have a great week..

Mine:
                              2) Seiko Sports Vintage
                              4) Polaris Homage
                              5) Heuer Carrera
                              6) JLC Memovox Deep Sea
                              7) Baume n Mercier
                              8) Helson Skindiver
                              10) Longines Chrono
                              11) Meistersinger
                              12) Omega Triple Date
                              14) Revue Theomann Alarm
                              15) BALL EM2 World Time
                              16) Zenith Triple D

Comment

• Dear all who are interested in this matter, I shall keep this short as I do not want to engage in any form of tussle with Jamy any further. Neither do i want to create anymore disruptions on this forum. I am refraining from further explaining myself as everything said on my part to Jamy has been in vain and i do not want to make the situation any more complex than it already is.

At the end of the day i perceive that it is his words against mine. As such the situation is in a standstill. In my attempt to resolve this issue, I perceived that Jamy's proposal did not take my position into account so, I humbly offered to give him $300 out of goodwill to help out, to which he declined. He might have misunderstood it as an attempt of mine to brush him off. However, due to complexities in this matter, i'd rather let him do with the watch as he pleases. Jamy has once mentioned to me in sms "case close". I thought this episode was over. Since then, he has continued to express his unhappiness towards me on the forum, to the extent of giving me negative ratings twice despite us only having one transaction. True, some may not agree with me, and may think i deserve it, but I do find those words he has used against me piercing and hurtful.

Next, he asked me to make an affirmation and let God be our witness, to which I have already done. I did affirm to him that "I have no prior knowledge of the findings you (Jamy) stated of the watch and i am true to what i have claimed about the watch". With that it must mean, and I understand it to mean that the both of us could agree that, having made the affirmation, which was requested by him, we are to leave it to God, which I did . Unfortunately Jamy thereafter continued expressing his displeasure and continued to pursue the matter through the forums and through a follow-up msg to me. As such, I believe that I should comment no further as this will lead to an endless exchange of words and distress to both parties.

With regards to the photograph on my sales thread, the watch was open by a watch maker briefly so that a pic could have been taken. My actual words on sms to him were "I myself did not open up the watch when I first bought it and I certainly did not tamper with the mechanisms or parts". This was meant to inform him that i never did know about any of the said problems with the watch, hence i could not comment on the findings. I never did say that the watch was not opened at all, as claimed by Jamy, who then went on to claim that I am a liar. The fact is that the watch is with Jamy for over 15 days now.

If what I say is going to be picked on and with him ceaselessly hurting me with his words , I do hope those interested here can understand why I am refraining from anymore comments on the forum from my point of view. He has regarded me as a liar, what else more can or should I say ? I can only wish for his anger to simmer and if I have offended him in any way, that he try to understand my position and difficulties.

Dear mods, if what I have said above is sensitive , please feel free to delete my post according to your discretion. Sorry.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X