Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the first ever watch you put your hard earned $$$ on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skx 007. Still wear it nowadays!

Comment

• AP rose gold 42mm

Comment

• Omega Seamaster 007 50th Anniversary Edition, 41mm

Comment

• Tag

Tag aquaracer for me

Comment

• A sub 14060, although nowadays I'm getting irritated by the lack of date.

Comment

• first ever luxury watch i bought was my rolex daytona.. no regrets!

Comment

• SBBN007 Seiko Darth Tuna

Comment

• tag heuer

Comment

• HAHA. Marc Jacob watch was my first watch

Comment

• Tag f1

Comment

• My first one years ago was a swatch lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kleinatt View Post
                          I have recently noticed that many younger executives (they look like they are in mid to late twenties) wearing very nice watches - AP ROO, Panerai, IWC, Rolex of course, etc...

It would be interesting to hear various forummers' thoughts on this. Some may feel that with house and car prices beyond the reach of these folks, they have decided to spend on watches to make themselves happy. Others may feel that this is definitely a sense of misplaced priorities.

Over to you.
                          That's a very good point made there.

it is a growing trend among this age group to consume conspicuously. I have heard of many who buy on installment plans too. I guess when food and shelter are no longer immediate priorities since sg has moved beyond that phase of development, then the need to augment one's image comes into play.

With housing prices and car prices so out of reach, i think many haven already given up the idea of working towards those goals. The focus is less on net worth, but more on wrist-worth now. hahahah:bangwall

Affordability means different things to different people. Some will think as long as can cover monthly installment, they can afford. Personally, other than property, any other purchase must be funded by cash, including car, or else i cannot sleep in peace. Live life as you deem fit, happy can liao!!
                          Last edited by justin.meridabikes; 09-04-15, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Rolex 16234

Comment

• Casio

i brought a casio edifice as my first watch. No idea why i spend on it also.

Comment

• rolex daytona panda.. very good watch!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X