Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
    Bro Citizen Seiko,
    Now I'm curious, what goes with the pig blood?!

Oh, you can PM me if you're concerned about spilling the blood, I mean, beans on the thread just in case Bro Triton doesn't want to know, hehe.
    well, im not sure about todays slaughtering practise, but when i was a kid, i remember one of my dad's employer was slaughtering pigs. whenever the knife went into the pig, the ****, urine and blood all shot out simultaneously. then the pan all led to a bucket, where the blood would be collected and solidified. i leave the rest to your imagination
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      well, im not sure about todays slaughtering practise, but when i was a kid, i remember one of my dad's employer was slaughtering pigs. whenever the knife went into the pig, the ****, urine and blood all shot out simultaneously. then the pan all led to a bucket, where the blood would be collected and solidified. i leave the rest to your imagination
      Ah, thanks for the enlightenment Bro! I guess we'll stick to Char Kway Teow for now, hehe!
      Sweet 16:
      PP Aquanaut
      VC Overseas
      AP ROO Black Themes
      A.Lange & Sohne 1815
      Breguet Type XXI
      Blancpain 50 Fathoms
      JLC Navy Seals
      GO Senator 60s
      GP Laureato
      Zenith Pilot Extra Special
      Rolex DSSD
      IWC Big Pilot
      Pam 112
      Omega Ploprof
      Breitling Super Avenger
      Glycine F104

Comment

Hi, sorry to hijack your thread. I've been looking for Jeffrey Ho CKT for a long time, as well as the Hokkien Mee that used to be in the same store. I've tried googling etc. but to no avail. My search turns up that the HKM store moved to Hougang and then moved elsewhere. Does anyone know where they are now? Been craving it for too long!!!

Many thanks!

Hi guys,
        Me and an old mate were recalling the days of wasted youth spent in Serangoon Gardens in the early 90s when the topic of Jeffrey Ho's fried kway teow came about.

His stall that he took over from his retired dad in an obscure coffeeshop in Gardens (now obsolete and taken over by NTUC) and worked tirelessly on together with his mum is one of the best I've tasted (to me at least) in Singapore, where his Fried Kway Teow is fried to perfection in a generous serving size.

Seriously, no offence to the Fried Kway Teow uncle in Chomp Chomp but his, while above average, is nothing compared to Jeffrey Ho's and we'll patronize his stall at least once a week!

Firey with a hint of wok's breath and fragrant garlic that was served not too 'wet' and not too dry with a fair serving of pork lard cubes.

The best thing is that he remembers specifications very clearly as I was quite particular about having extra sweet sauce, extra chilli and $1 more raw cockles that he placed generously on top of a piping hot plate.

He has since moved away since the NTUC coffeeshop came about and if any 'food-God' bro or sis knows where he has moved to, don't mind if you can share.

Hope I made somebody hungry!

Comment

[QUOTE=hazel;353746]Hi, sorry to hijack your thread. I've been looking for Jeffrey Ho CKT for a long time, as well as the Hokkien Mee that used to be in the same store. I've tried googling etc. but to no avail. My search turns up that the HKM store moved to Hougang and then moved elsewhere. Does anyone know where they are now? Been craving it for too long!!!

Hi Hazel,
          No worries about hijacking at all! The only issue is nobody knows where he is now! Do keep us here updated if you manage to spot his stall eh?
          Sweet 16:
          PP Aquanaut
          VC Overseas
          AP ROO Black Themes
          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
          Breguet Type XXI
          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
          JLC Navy Seals
          GO Senator 60s
          GP Laureato
          Rolex DSSD
          IWC Big Pilot
          Pam 112
          Omega Ploprof
          Breitling Super Avenger
          Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by hazel View Post
            Hi, sorry to hijack your thread. I've been looking for Jeffrey Ho CKT for a long time, as well as the Hokkien Mee that used to be in the same store. I've tried googling etc. but to no avail. My search turns up that the HKM store moved to Hougang and then moved elsewhere. Does anyone know where they are now? Been craving it for too long!!!

Many thanks!
            Yeah the HKM is damn good too!

My mum frequents the chicken rice stall there which moved to the market there...maybe when she goes there I will tag along and go ask hehee last clue!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Didn't know the HK Mee was good there also. Any idea how it compares to the original HK Mee stall in Chomp Chomp? All this is making me hungry again...
              Sweet 16:
              PP Aquanaut
              VC Overseas
              AP ROO Black Themes
              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
              Breguet Type XXI
              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
              JLC Navy Seals
              GO Senator 60s
              GP Laureato
              Rolex DSSD
              IWC Big Pilot
              Pam 112
              Omega Ploprof
              Breitling Super Avenger
              Glycine F104

Comment

Didn't know the HK Mee was good there also. Any idea how it compares to the original HK Mee stall in Chomp Chomp? All this is making me hungry again...
                Chomp chomp HK Mee abit on the dry side...the 1 near jeffery ho stall is abit wet but I prefer the wet 1...

2 different cooking styles

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  Chomp chomp HK Mee abit on the dry side...the 1 near jeffery ho stall is abit wet but I prefer the wet 1...

2 different cooking styles
                  Hi Darkie,
                  Agreed, the Chomp Chomp one the drier version but what I about it is how the flavor of the prawn broth is locked into the noodles and coarse beehoon. Wet version is also nice especially when the egg is not too cooked and generously portioned : )
                  Sweet 16:
                  PP Aquanaut
                  VC Overseas
                  AP ROO Black Themes
                  A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                  Breguet Type XXI
                  Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                  JLC Navy Seals
                  GO Senator 60s
                  GP Laureato
                  Rolex DSSD
                  IWC Big Pilot
                  Pam 112
                  Omega Ploprof
                  Breitling Super Avenger
                  Glycine F104

Comment

Ya Bro Triton,

the Hill Street Char Kway Teow at Bedok market opposite TJC: I was very lucky to stumble upon it one day while visiting a friend there. The old man was cooking and I got the last plate before they closed for the day.

Mine goodness, the lard, the cookles, the chinese sausage all came together in a wonderful symphony! Definitely the best I've ever tasted!

Comment

Hmm So far one of the best HKM I've had is at Toa Payoh near to the HDB area office , can't remember if it is Lor 1 or Lor 8. It is now a new 2 storey hawker/market, the store is on the second storey named Tian Tian Lai or something like that.

For CKT I am still trying to find the old one which was opposite Newton Circus whereby people used to queue like mad before the row of shophouses got demolished. But for now the Apollo Char Kuey Teow at Marine Parade Hawker Centre had been quenching my dire thus far, it's a unique wet recipe unlike the usual dry ones.

Comment

Originally posted by theOrion View Post
                        For CKT I am still trying to find the old one which was opposite Newton Circus whereby people used to queue like mad before the row of shophouses got demolished. .

The CKT sifu and his wife moved from Newton Circus to a few places, eventually settling down at Serangoon Gardens Market/Hawker Centre many years back. He's retired gracefully, think last year due to his old age and non one to carry on his legacy.............
                        BTW his CKT taste have changed due to his experimental direction and I would say his CKT was not as good as in the Newton Circus days...............

Comment

There's 1 at Pasir Panjang Food Centre Fried Kway Tiao also quite nice,the 1 with the chye sim cover ur kway tiao wan.dunno u all tried it before or not.I think it's called Heng Huat Fried Kway Tiao.It's the dry type.
                          累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
                            There's 1 at Pasir Panjang Food Centre Fried Kway Tiao also quite nice,the 1 with the chye sim cover ur kway tiao wan.dunno u all tried it before or not.I think it's called Heng Huat Fried Kway Tiao.It's the dry type.
                            Sounds good man! Shall try it out another time! I like the dry type.

Comment

wow all these talk about char kway teow and i'm stuck in Shanghai!!!!!!!!!!!!

whenever i am back i would patronize the char kway teow stall at zion road food court, opposite great world city. usually at dinner time there is a long queue.

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                                wow all these talk about char kway teow and i'm stuck in Shanghai!!!!!!!!!!!!

whenever i am back i would patronize the char kway teow stall at zion road food court, opposite great world city. usually at dinner time there is a long queue.
                                Yeah this is another good CKT outlet. Have been there quite awhile.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X