No announcement yet.

Food Review : Chicken Rice in SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEE NAM KEE FOR SURE. Formerly at Novena Ville, but now moving to United Square. Fingers crossed the prices don't go crazy.

Comment

• Pow Sing at Serangoon gardens. Personally i prefer steamed chicken hence go to the main restaurant where they have not bad nonya food as well. Fish head curry there is not bad. deep fried Ikan selar is also good.

Comment

• Yes Margaret Drive Blk 38. This chicken rice stall has a long history of more than 30 years and the meat is cut in huge portion. Soft yet juicy. Must try their own chili recipe.

Comment

• Lo margaret drive hawker centre is torn down. Chicken rice gone too. There is still one nice chicken rice located at blk 47 tanglin halt. You get te real taste of good old days chicken rice, good chilli and ginger.
          The rest of more commercial type like boon tong kee, wee nam kee, loy kee, etc is not even ner the taste of this tanglin halt stall. Price is reasonable too.

Comment

• This thread making me hungry liaozzz!
            Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
            • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
            • Montre de MarQue
            • Etoile D'Or
            • Hotel Indonesia
            • Glory Time
            • The Watch-Collector
            • Time Palace
            • The Swiss Connection
            • M Baker
            • Maurice Lacroix
            • Time Marques
            • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

• Originally posted by exxondus View Post
              i quite like the one located at Far East i think 5th floor. Quite nice.
              Its my favorite, authentic Hainanese boneless chicken rice, but kind of ex!

Comment

• very old school, hope it will be around for my grandson to eat too!

Comment

• I agree with TS that Meng Kee @ Bishan serves one of the best chicken rice in Singapore!

Comment

• Maxwell road the food ctr got the famous chicken rice I forgot the name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecstatic View Post
                      Maxwell road the food ctr got the famous chicken rice I forgot the name.
                      Hi bro,

I think you are referring to '天天' hainanese chicken rice. That
                      happens to be my favourite stall as well.

Another stall i frequent
                      is the one at Whompoa food ctr.

Best regards,
                      Rolex1977

Comment

• you guys are making me soooo hugnry hehehehe

Comment

• think the one at commonwealth, used to be at margaret drive market. but i believe they changed management.
                          The chicken rice is no longer nice!!
                          Maybe u guys should try the one at Meiling market(level 2) . One corner. i find it rather delicious..gosh m starting to drool!

Comment

• NAM FA at telok kurau.....

Comment

• Boon Tong Kee At Balastier !!! Only place in mind for chicken rice.

Comment

• Commonwealth Tanglin Halt itself got a few "famous" chicken rice stores.

Tong Kee from Margaret Drive that 1 bro was looking for is in the Hawker Centre.
                                Peng Kee in the hawker centre is quite popular but I prefer their Char Siew and Roasted meat to Chicken.

Tian Shui in the Market used to the at the small coffee shop next to it. Standard dropped a bit since the shift and change in management, but rice is still good.
                                The replacement store in the coffee shop is not bad.

Jalan TuaKong Chicken rice in the Market is slightly above average.

The duck noodles / rice between the above mentioned 2 stores is a must try.

The chicken rice stall on the far left side, just avoid lah..... even if there is nothing else to eat.

There used to be a Halal chicken rice store in the bigger coffee shop next to the hawker centre, heard shifted to Clementi, that one is power!
                                People & Life Are Like Push-Up Bra. They Often Parade Themselves With A False Sense Of Being & Confidence. The Underlying Truth Are Often Much Less Tantalizing. - Benjamin L

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X