No announcement yet.

Food Review : Chicken Rice in SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally really enjoy a good meal at Boon Tong Kee at amk.

Their steamed chicken is really succulent and it goes really well with the fried tofu

Comment

• Can try kampong chicken rice along Upper Thomson just before Thomson Plaza.

Comment

• Think Wee Nam Kee still is a pretty good option. Used to like the one at Chin Chin Eating House along Purvis Street but standard seems to have fallen off.

Comment

• Anyone remembers there used to be a stall that does rice balls.. Similar to malacca style.. Anymore still doing that?

Comment

• There is one at Blk 111 along Lor 1 Toa Payoh, just opposite Braddell MRT
            Good Year Local Hainanese Chicken Rice Ball
            111 Toa Payoh Lorong 1
            #01-366 Chang Cheng Mee Wah Restaurant

Comment

• Post 3: (Finally discovered the post-to-thread button)

My vote goes to the chicken rice shop at Jalan Tua Kong! There's a small corner CoffeeShop that serves fantastic chicken rice! Their chilli is damn spicy and the rice, so tasty u can eat on its own! I'm a regular! Always there.. Until beginning to look abit like chicken.. And the famous Jln Tua Kong MeePok is there if the chicken rice cannot fill u.. I ALWAYS eat both.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
                There is one at Blk 111 along Lor 1 Toa Payoh, just opposite Braddell MRT
                Good Year Local Hainanese Chicken Rice Ball
                111 Toa Payoh Lorong 1
                #01-366 Chang Cheng Mee Wah Restaurant
                Is it the one under the block of flats?

Comment

• Originally posted by ongth View Post
                  Lo margaret drive hawker centre is torn down. Chicken rice gone too. There is still one nice chicken rice located at blk 47 tanglin halt. You get te real taste of good old days chicken rice, good chilli and ginger.
                  The rest of more commercial type like boon tong kee, wee nam kee, loy kee, etc is not even ner the taste of this tanglin halt stall. Price is reasonable too.
                  Anyone knows where they have relocated to?

I remember we used to have to pretty often and the place have that nostalgic feel to the surrounding.

Comment

• Try Tong Fong Fatt at Ghim Moh FC, lunch time q is 20 pax long

Comment

• Not sure if anyone has posted this before, but if you are in Jurong West or near NTU, there is a decent chicken rice near a Sheng Siong supermarket.

Address: 9 Jurong West Avenue 5, 649487
                      Stall name: Don't remember, but impossible to miss.

Usually not much queue. Recommend their white chix and roasted pork. Char siew so-so only...

Comment

• Originally posted by bancooll View Post

I remember we used to have to pretty often and the place have that nostalgic feel to the surrounding.
                        ya , mee too anyone knws where they move ?

Comment

• Many thanks for all your replies & suggestions. My wife and me will be in Singapore later this month and are looking forward to all the wonderful food... and of course I'll be looking at watches , I'm going to pop in and see Terence TAN at the Peoples park Complex as I bought my Explorer II from him a couple of years ago so maybe I'll find something to buy there...

cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by bancooll View Post

Originally posted by 10-Dee-Q View Post
                            ya , mee too anyone knws where they move ?
                            Blk 159, Mei Ling st mkt & fc. It don't taste that good even when it's at Margaret Dr.
                            Want good & value for money hawker food, can try those I've posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by strategos View Post
                              Try Tong Fong Fatt at Ghim Moh FC, lunch time q is 20 pax long
                              Yes, the birth place of TFF chicken rice, the rest of the TFF cmi & the worst is at ABC mkt & fc. I posted something abt chicken rice(my preference), you might want to do a search. Enjoy!

Comment

• So hungry after reading this thread...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X