Rolex shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex shopping

What have you heard about the best place to go shopping for rolex?

Surprisingly, I hear its Auckland, New Zealand.

hmnn maybe can ask JJ Irani from rolex forum....
    Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
    Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
    Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
    Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post
      hmnn maybe can ask JJ Irani from rolex forum....
      Whos tat ?
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
        Whos tat ?
        go to this website http://www.rolexforums.com/ and JJ is one of the familiar personality there. He's based in NZ and just got a white dial explorer.....

Bro, if need to delete this response, pls go ahead.... cos there's a 'website' mentioned.... heh....
        Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
        Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
        Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
        Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

ha i am frequently there but it's a messy place........half full of info and half full of hyperbole......u can learn as much as u get confused....
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

haha.. it's ok la... we not so strick on such rules.. lol.. we are here to discuss abt rolex ma..

But kinda surpirising tat NZ can be a good place to buy Rolex... i heard that buying it in swiss will be slightly cheaper ?... any1 who went there before can verify ?
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

ok lah.....i saw some of the prices he posted.......i think sg can be as competitive.......seems like HK is more hiong on discounts......
              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Many years ago I used to hear that Asian markets get fewer links than Western markets ... which partially accounts for the lower prices.

Any idea if other countries also get standard 13 links?

Comment

my advice is before buying. do some homework. if you happen to go overseas, just drop by one of the AD and check on the pricing. if the price is right. get it.

this is how i got my sub lv.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I heard in asia HK offers the best price wor.

Comment

i check upon couple of rolex watch prices when in swiss, london.

if you have a good relation with your watch SA, prices in sg will be better than that of swiss and london.

for example, the chopard chrono GMT would have cost about 3800 before jun 07 if paid in cash. in swiss bucherer, it cost about 5500 after VAT. both are in sg dollars
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by egstring View Post
                        I heard in asia HK offers the best price wor.
                        I'm going to be in HK for a few days at the end of the month.

Any suggestions of where to go if I want to find vintage / resale sports model rolex?

For new pieces, I would rather buy here.

Actually, I'm not so much looking to buy a watch... more to buy some accesories etc.

Comment

pet: as i have mentioned earlier.

was in several places in swiss, berne, lucerne, zermatt, interlaken. check out the same pieces - ladies-blue face-roman, sub LV, explorer II. sad to say only the sub lv was worth its price. the other 2, get it in sg is better.

for rolex, can consider buying overseas. reason, there is a RSC in sg, anything wrong, just go there. dun need to go to AD.

in swiss, very hard to bargain. i tried liao. they offer you 1 price, u ask for more discount, they ask you if you pay part by cash. if yes, price lower about 3%. that is about it. the reason why they will not go lower is because, there are many other tourists buying also. furthermore, bucherer in all states do not spoil market by offering more discount.

why i can say that it is better to get in sg compared to europe is because i compared another brand's model. what i paid here in sg is cheaper than what they can quote me and the price i would have to pay after claiming tax is still slightly higher.

this is why the AD and the tour guide were very surprised and shock @ the price i can get in sg. the AD told me, u go back sg buy better.

think ohlins has mentioned that getting from HK is also an option. there are also gray markets watches. so if got contacts, can get them @ pretty good pricing.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

triton, got it. so if go there buy hot or new item, they sell at list too ?? least dont hv to pay premium here

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                              triton, got it. so if go there buy hot or new item, they sell at list too ?? least dont hv to pay premium here
                              provided can get lor. coz stock quite limited if im not wrong.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X