Rolex shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunzhi View Post
    I need the same info too, heading there next month. Would really appreciate inputs on the followings:

- AD (read in some old posts can get in the airport), any other recommendation?

- Payment mode, how much different btw cash & card payment? Cash, by Won or US$?

- is there any GST or relevant tax, refundable?

Thank you very much in advance..
    Had checked the hyundai departmental store and they do not have 116520 in stk and have it only in wg . The rest of the models i can get cheaper in sg .

Did not check the rest of the ADs .

The branded goods are all cheaper here .

Can go myeung dong, dongdaemong(shopping till 5am ), namdaemong,adpucheong galleria,hyundai departmental store for shopping .
    Itaewon for relax if going alone .

There is an equivalent of 7% GST rebate at the airport . Similar as our old system fill in the form and show goods at airport and credit the rebate to credit card .

http://chronodigm.seoul.seoulteugbye...dealers.com/en

http://greenwich.seoul.seoulteugbyeo...dealers.com/en

http://unowatch.seoul.seoulteugbyeol...dealers.com/en

http://hyundaiwatch.seoul.seoulteugb...dealers.com/en
    1675/16610/116234/78240
    Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
    Hublot BB ASF
    PAM 104J
    Sinn 903 H2
    Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
    U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
    If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

And a caution to ppl going to seoul on free and easy .

Do not try the black suv cabs .

A 12k won journey ended being 180k won for us as we did not know it was limo and the cab driver show the the paper after we boarded and on the highway .

Would rather use the money go shopping .
      1675/16610/116234/78240
      Hublot BB ASF
      PAM 104J
      Sinn 903 H2
      Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
      If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

WTF! that is why i try and take public transport in a foreign country ive done it in japan, china, germany
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          WTF! that is why i try and take public transport in a foreign country ive done it in japan, china, germany
          I would like to take public transport if the locals there speak english .

But korea is a country where all the people dun speak english including the younger generation . Went into the rolex AD and the person whose english is the best dun understand what i'm asking
          1675/16610/116234/78240
          Hublot BB ASF
          PAM 104J
          Sinn 903 H2
          Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW

Comment

oh man,
            That's very sad, me now in Korea, have not start my tour de AD, sad news to hear,
            any advise on which model if there is stocks cheaper than singapore?
            I am looking at SS Sub date or a GMT-IIc, anyone know the best of best price in singapore after discount for this 2 model so i can compare if luck on my side to have stocks this few days. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post

But korea is a country where all the people dun speak english including the younger generation . Went into the rolex AD and the person whose english is the best dun understand what i'm asking
              Try speaking mandarin to them, you will be

Comment

And a caution to ppl going to seoul on free and easy .

Do not try the black suv cabs .

A 12k won journey ended being 180k won for us as we did not know it was limo and the cab driver show the the paper after we boarded and on the highway .

Would rather use the money go shopping .

huh, we were warned not to take the black cab. any othr colours can. the starting meter is (legally) 2.5x more thn the normal cab but usually charge a lot higher. had trouble getting cab after midnight shopping in dongdaemong as most refuse to go by the meter. ws advised by shopkeepers either to offer 2x or 3x (indicate with fingers, V or ok sign) of the actual fare bt to no avail, in the end paid 4x. a 5000won trip became 20000won

Comment

maybe koreans can speak jap/chinese? not always speak english is advisable.

Originally posted by TeD View Post
                  Try speaking mandarin to them, you will be
                  can they speak?
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

you can try speaking japs bt not the younger generation. and a taboo, never speak japs while shopping an advice frm korean friends, because of bad history with japan, they tend to charge more...

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      maybe koreans can speak jap/chinese? not always speak english is advisable.

can they speak?
                      Ya there are some china ppl working there as cooks . As we tried most of the local dishes and having problems with some of the menus and a chinese speaking will come and take our order .
                      1675/16610/116234/78240
                      Hublot BB ASF
                      PAM 104J
                      Sinn 903 H2
                      Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW

Comment

Originally posted by TeD View Post
                        oh man,
                        That's very sad, me now in Korea, have not start my tour de AD, sad news to hear,
                        any advise on which model if there is stocks cheaper than singapore?
                        I am looking at SS Sub date or a GMT-IIc, anyone know the best of best price in singapore after discount for this 2 model so i can compare if luck on my side to have stocks this few days. thanks!
                        marineguy8888, sunzhi.
                        Possible to share some research?
                        Thanks!

Comment

based on this thread, seems that it may not be worthwhile to buy watches from overseas ADs after all....but then, how are other bros in this forum able to sell BNIB watches from overeas ADs so much cheaper than local ADs?

which countries would they get it from?

Comment

dubai is the cheapest....coz the arabian usually buy in bulk for importing,once they r done with it they will export it out..........it goes with it gagets n mobile phone

Comment

i have been to dubai and checked out the rolex prices there, its not that cheap anyway for sport watches especially.

Comment

dubai is the most ex

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X