Tips: What to do if stopped by Malaysian police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips: What to do if stopped by Malaysian police

My lawyer's friend from KL gave me these useful tips when you drive in Malaysia highway/federal roads:

Procedures to follow in the event you are stopped by uniformed police officers while driving:-
    1. Stop the car and wind down your window.
    2. If the police officers ask for your documents, request to see their IDs first.
    3. If you are satisfied about their identity, ask them if you are being summoned, and for what offence.
    4. Produce your identity card and driver's license and wait to collect your summon ticket.

In the event that the police officers ask you to follow them to the police station:-
    1. Ask if you are under arrest and for what offence.
    2. If you are not under arrest, you have the right to leave.

In the event you are flagged down by persons you believe could be plain clothes police:-
    1. Do not stop because plain clothes police officers do not have the authority to stop you.
    2. Drive to the nearest police station and lodge a report. (The same procedure applies to pedestrians)
    "My sound theraphy"
    Sonus Faber Electa Amator
    Krell 300i
    Micromega Stage 3
    Linn Sondek LP12

Wow! This is definitely helpful for us.

Tx
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for the tips bro....

I've always been hearing of the 100% effective but unorthodox way...something new hehe.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Any thoughts or tips on what to do when stopped for a drug search?

I was once waiting for a taxi after just getting off the coach when a car with 3 "policemen" suddenly screeched to a halt in front of me, flashed their badges and asked me a few questions before proceeding to search my laptop bag and LV pouch!

I thought that was it! My LV pouch with all my important documents was a goner! Fortunately, all was given back to me without even an offer of an apology.

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
          Any thoughts or tips on what to do when stopped for a drug search?

I was once waiting for a taxi after just getting off the coach when a car with 3 "policemen" suddenly screeched to a halt in front of me, flashed their badges and asked me a few questions before proceeding to search my laptop bag and LV pouch!

I thought that was it! My LV pouch with all my important documents was a goner! Fortunately, all was given back to me without even an offer of an apology.
          Sure bro, wait for next posting once i have consulted my good friend.
          "My sound theraphy"
          Sonus Faber Electa Amator
          Krell 300i
          Micromega Stage 3
          Linn Sondek LP12

Comment

interesting read,,, thx

Comment

Originally posted by Nurbisa View Post
              Sure bro, wait for next posting once i have consulted my good friend.
              Good friend not reply ? ?
              ROLEX.

Comment

I think it's very helpful cause alot of people are not sure what to do since they do not accept "coffee" money. Sometimes dont give "coffee" money also wrong. Give them "coffee" money also wrong...

Comment

just take the ticket..if they say u have alot of outstanding fines and wanna ask you to go police station for coffee..tell them u'll pay in the malaysia embassy back in singapore as u don't feel safe travelling around to other areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Nurbisa View Post
                    My lawyer's friend from KL gave me these useful tips when you drive in Malaysia highway/federal roads:

Procedures to follow in the event you are stopped by uniformed police officers while driving:-
                    1. Stop the car and wind down your window.
                    2. If the police officers ask for your documents, request to see their IDs first.
                    3. If you are satisfied about their identity, ask them if you are being summoned, and for what offence.
                    4. Produce your identity card and driver's license and wait to collect your summon ticket.

In the event that the police officers ask you to follow them to the police station:-
                    1. Ask if you are under arrest and for what offence.
                    2. If you are not under arrest, you have the right to leave.

In the event you are flagged down by persons you believe could be plain clothes police:-
                    1. Do not stop because plain clothes police officers do not have the authority to stop you.
                    2. Drive to the nearest police station and lodge a report. (The same procedure applies to pedestrians)
                    Wow i should have read this b4.. paid RM50 to plainclothes police who stopped SG cars about 5km after a uniformed police stop which didn't ask us to stop. We were not even speeding!

Comment

Originally posted by divespyder View Post
                      Wow i should have read this b4.. paid RM50 to plainclothes police who stopped SG cars about 5km after a uniformed police stop which didn't ask us to stop. We were not even speeding!
                      Then why u paid up?!
                      Beep Beep!!!!!

Comment

in some parts of the world money grease the gears to ensure that no problem arise. sad but true.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by YurikaZe View Post
                          Then why u paid up?!
                          Stupid lor... many SG cars stopped & all paid up. Now i'll never pay. Just ask for summons.

Comment

Originally posted by YurikaZe View Post
                            Then why u paid up?!
                            I stupid lor.. next time will ask for summon issuance.

Comment

later ask for summon, he give you the big one in balai. that one sure tua kee one.
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X