No announcement yet.

Shopping for watches in foreign countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It always depends on the discount and the tax refund that you'll be able to get

Comment

Hey everyone. I am new and I can post in this section.

I originally joined up to read the garage as I am visiting Singapore in October (never been before) and not having read even more stuff, I am thinking I can maybe pick up a new Submariner No Date for not much more than a pre-loved one.

I am travelling Bogotá (Where I live) Madrid, Valencia, Madrid (transit), Copenhagen, Doha (transit), Hong Kong (transit), Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Singapore (transit), Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong (transit), Doha (transit) Copenhagen, London (transit), Miami (transit), Bogotá, Miami, Bogotá

I have lots of chances I think to buy one at lots of different places. Notice also that I am mainly coming back the same way I am going so if necessary I can check prices one way and buy on the way back, or go for a pre-owned one in SG if all the prices are over the top.

Today I checked Bogotá, the Bogotá peso has devalued 35% over the last year so just in case there was a great deal right under my nose, I went to Bauer the AD today. Very nice people but they maintain prices in US$ and they are off the chart. Offered me 10% off without asking and the price was still more than other prices I have seen.

A friend tomorrow is calling the tax-paid/tax-free places at Heathrow tomorrow, obviously there is no guarantee they will have it when I go through there

I am getting a very good vibe from the AD in Copenhagen, very responsive and obviously I can shop tax free there.

Keen to know if anyone has any thoughts though on Kuala Lumpur, Doha and Honk Kong Airports though.

Nice to be here and I wish you all a happy SG50

Comment

Copenhagen AD

Hi,
        Recently i just bought a watch from Copenhagen AD. Just look for Dan.. He is very professional and will advise you on the tax refund methods.. (Copenhagen tax refund is one of the highest in EU)
        My personal recommendation for the most cost saving method will be paying in cash as all banks charged a fee for oversea transaction. Hope it helps.

Comment

Hi Vintage0345

Can you let me know if you happened to negotiate a discount with the AD in Copenhagen?

Comment

buying Rolex in Amsterdam airport dutyfree itself is 1.5k -2k cheaper than singapore

Comment

How about Paris airport ?? Will be at Paris next mth.

Originally posted by littlesubseamonster View Post
              buying Rolex in Amsterdam airport dutyfree itself is 1.5k -2k cheaper than singapore

Comment

Originally posted by littlesubseamonster View Post
                Interested in Frankfurt airport status.

Comment

Watches in Swizterland

Thinking of getting a couple of watches in Switzerland.

Comment

Munich Panerai

Munich VAT is 14.4% not that attractive. Panerai AD in Munich has all gone leaving only the Boutique which would not offer any discount since it is a boutique.

Comment

• Hi guys,

I will be heading to HK this coming Jan 2016 and I am targeting to get the 116610LN sub with date.

I have a few options, buying @ DFS SG before I leave for HK, (last I checked was $9974). Arrive at HK and buy in town, which I understand from a friend who visited there recently and mentioned that the prices are more expensive than DFS SG (Boarding). When arrive back at SG, a friend checked out for me and the price at DFS SG is $10,700 thereabouts.

What would you guys opinion be?

Of course, the best is that I would like to buy on credit terms instead of cash terms.

Advance thanks for all input.

Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlesubseamonster View Post
                        How abt panerai watches.. How much cheaper are they as compare to sg?

Comment

• Originally posted by terfyo View Post
                          Hi guys,

I will be heading to HK this coming Jan 2016 and I am targeting to get the 116610LN sub with date.

I have a few options, buying @ DFS SG before I leave for HK, (last I checked was $9974). Arrive at HK and buy in town, which I understand from a friend who visited there recently and mentioned that the prices are more expensive than DFS SG (Boarding). When arrive back at SG, a friend checked out for me and the price at DFS SG is $10,700 thereabouts.

Of course, the best is that I would like to buy on credit terms instead of cash terms.

Cheers.

Will cash payment Vs Credit card makes any difference in Pricing in HK?

Was thinking to check out some used Rolex Shops in HK but now sure if it will be worth my while in terms on pricing as compared to Singapore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Linda View Post
                            Thanks Alaric for your input. Am I glad I always pay GST and don't even bother to consider not to declare!
                            if u wear the watch on your wrist, it's fine

Comment

• Originally posted by terfyo View Post
                              Hi guys,

Cheers.
                              Can you share your experience after you are back from HK, eg: where did you end up buying, price, etc? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca5io View Post
                                if u wear the watch on your wrist, it's fine
                                If buy 2 watches, wear on both hand?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X