Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A separate sub forum for general/non brand specific watch discussion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A separate sub forum for general/non brand specific watch discussion?

Been wanting to raise this for a while...

While there are sub forums for discussion on rolex and some other brands on this forum, there is not a place meant for the general and non brand specific watch discussion, such as discussion on watch movements, discussion on independent brands, discussion on diver or pilot watches in general etc.

Currently these topics usually end up in the Kopi-talk sub forum, which is supposed to be meant for non watch discussion according to the small print ("non watch discussion here we go"). Some also ends up in the Other Brands sub forum but I think the common understanding is that the Other Brands is for brand-specific discussions besides rolex's, which explains why most of them shows up in Kopi-talk.

I personal feel those watch related discussions deserve to have a sub forums by itself on a watch forum like this. It will also make it easier for members who are more interested in such discussions (as opposed to other talk-cock threads), or who wants to learn/share more general knowledge about watches, to browse the threads, as the Kopi-talk sub forums is full of many different threads that talk about "anything under the sky".
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

maybe just more details under "other brands" or renaming it to something like "non-rolex watch discussions"?

also, move all the watch-related threads from kopi into other brands would help deter the bad habit and hopefully reinforce a good habit.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

a valid suggestion. i will ponder over it as to how to integrate this category into the forum structure.

do note that creating a category is easy however i will like to see where to fit this category under.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      Been wanting to raise this for a while...

While there are sub forums for discussion on rolex and some other brands on this forum, there is not a place meant for the general and non brand specific watch discussion, such as discussion on watch movements, discussion on independent brands, discussion on diver or pilot watches in general etc.

Currently these topics usually end up in the Kopi-talk sub forum, which is supposed to be meant for non watch discussion according to the small print ("non watch discussion here we go"). Some also ends up in the Other Brands sub forum but I think the common understanding is that the Other Brands is for brand-specific discussions besides rolex's, which explains why most of them shows up in Kopi-talk.

I personal feel those watch related discussions deserve to have a sub forums by itself on a watch forum like this. It will also make it easier for members who are more interested in such discussions (as opposed to other talk-cock threads), or who wants to learn/share more general knowledge about watches, to browse the threads, as the Kopi-talk sub forums is full of many different threads that talk about "anything under the sky".
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

technical watch discussion under other brands is an option.

moving of threads to the appropriate sections will not deter bad habit and wont reinforce good habit. some users are not sure where to post their questions which will result in some of them posting duplicate threads/replies in different sub forums or different threads.

Originally posted by taxico View Post
        maybe just more details under "other brands" or renaming it to something like "non-rolex watch discussions"?

also, move all the watch-related threads from kopi into other brands would help deter the bad habit and hopefully reinforce a good habit.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi guys.

Quite surprised at the site overhaul.
          Can anyone fill me in as to the reasons for the change?
          The previous site was great i.m.o.

I would like to find out more about Cerruti 1881 watches.
          Can anyone advise me on this?

Comment

I'm unable to find any forum about Steinhart watches. They are a great brand worthy of discussion. Can advise?

Comment

Originally posted by warcath View Post
              I'm unable to find any forum about Steinhart watches. They are a great brand worthy of discussion. Can advise?
              why not start a new thread in the OTHER BRANDS section? i'm sure if enough people participate in the thread or create enough new threads, the admins/mods will not object to a sub-forum for steinhart.
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Agree, how about a forum for Tudor watches?

Comment

it will definitely increase traffic if there were other forums topics on other brands

Comment

agree

Comment

agree

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X