Advertisements Link to Fake Watches Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertisements Link to Fake Watches Shop

Hmm, I might think we can't do anything about this since there isn't much control over those banners at the sponsored advertisements for google adverts.
    But recently they've been having fake LV bags and Rolexes on the banners. (Rolex Going for $93!!)
    Here's a pic...
    What can be done??
    humblequartz&mechs:
    gmtIIc.pam104.omegaspeedmaster1152.poljot3150.
    tagheuerf1chrono.philipsteinteslar.tissotprc200.

wantlist:
    toomanywants,toofewdollarsinthekeep.

I think louis can put some filter for the google ads..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

like i say, SGROC is a great place for bargain watches!
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

SG-ROC now taking paid REPLICA WATCH banners??

I just realised SG-ROC's latest advertiser ... a replica watch banner which reads "Rolex watches from only $49" ...

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me .... then when i clicked onto the banner, lo-and-behold ... its a replica watch website selling most high-end brand watches including LOLEX ... (yes, the typo is on purpose ... )

If its a homage brand ... i would understand ... but since when SG-ROC advocates "indirectly" replica watch sales anywhere on this forum?

Could the Administrator please clarify SG-ROC's stand on their policy pls?

Thank you.

Comment

We have replied you guys on this issue many times,the ads are supplied by Google and we are trying our best to filter them manually,but sometimes it's inevitable.

We don't really have a choice but to continue using Google Adsense as of now as hosting the forum and all the bandwidth,IT stuff cost money...for us to be able to bring this great website to you,it will incur cost and the advertisement costs helps us pay off the necessary costs that comes along.

Hope you do understand and that I have answered your question. Thanks.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thank you, Darkie.

Comment

Advertisements Link to Fake Watches Shop

I am not sure if this has been brought up before. I couldn't help but to wonder when I saw this ad:
              Try Rolex Watches for $49.

When I clicked it, to my horror it points to those websites selling replica watches (with genuine watch pictures of course).

It is so obvious some more.

Comment

yes. this issue was brought up before.

we cannot stop these ads as it is the ads firms prerogative to 'push' ads down.

we have tried to speak to them, but it is futile as this forum is a watch forum, so they push those through.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Wat bro triton is trying to say is that these ads are actually from google adsense whereby they will load ads based on the keywords on that particular page. Eg, if the page is on holiday, they would display ads on holiday.

As most pages here are linked to watches or Rolex, they somehow would push these sort of ads. What we can do is, we would add these links manually into our adsense 'filter' list.. but the issue is it would take some time for google to actually take the list into effect.

So pls rest assured that we are never supportive of any replicas sale site.

Thanks.
                  A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X