Watch review section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch review section?

Was looking ard WUS and some other watch related forums. Found that some have like a review section fo people to share how they rate their watches or reviews on comparisons.

Wonder if we shld have 1 too? Alternatively, we can use the current gallery section but like a bit not that right a place?

I.e decksurgeon used to share revews in the other watch discussion section. But then again that place not really considered a review section?

Just thinkin thats all. Cheers!
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

That's a good suggestion. I also have difficulties looking for a review site. Since we have so many watch collectors, why not setup 1 for ourselves? It would be better to have other brands though this is dedicated to Rolex only.

Comment

I agree we should have a section just for reviews. I think the review should meet certain criteria in the same way car reviews are done. Maybe marks out of 10 could be given for quality, materials used, value for money, etc.

Comment

I support the idea of setting criteria on how the review should be written/presented, else there is a risk that it becomes another gallery or kopi-talk.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

we have explored this area before.

we have approached several people in watch fraternity to write reviews. however, they have not been able to commit to us. as such the idea was scrapped.

if a rating was to be given, what criteria is it based on?

unlike some watch forum(s), some of the articles are copied and paste. this is what we call plagiarism in academic context. why copy when it is better to post a link to the watch review URL?

i agree that finding a good balanced review is hard. we are mature people who can read the article and give it some thought.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi triton,

My understanding of the latest proposal in this thread is to have reviews written by the sg-roc members ourselves, not some people in the watch fraternity.

I think it is a good idea for the watch lovers/owners here to share their experience with the latest watches in the form of a review. These reviews might not be technical or pro enough but it should be interesting to read the personal experience from different real owners (instead of some experts who may not necessary be very objective).

And I agree that if we want the usual professional (read:commercial) reviews there are plenty in the internet everytime before a new watch is even launched.

Comment

case in point...hungrygowhere.com is successful because of its info on user experience, not expert opinion.

maybe such watch review section can help sg-roc attract more ads from the watch makers or ADs

Comment

Watch review section

Maybe you should start "the official industry review thread". That way Admin doesnt have to create a separate section and anyone doing a search for "recommended dealers" will be directed to the thread.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X