Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mandatory Fields to be Included in WTS thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory Fields to be Included in WTS thread?

Mods,

In view of the many frauds cases now; how can SG-ROC protect it's forum members interest? I have also notice some threads that start:

"Rare Rolex XXXXX, black dial, $6.5k. Cheers!"

I'm proposing we have a standard template which all have to follow; and mandate all to include actual pics.

It may sound too much to ask or lots of work but if you're a sincere and genuine seller; it wouldn't be too much to ask. Afterall; we're talking about thousands of dollars, what's a simple rule to follow? And if all these info are present, it will very much help alot for both seller and buyers.

Brand:
    Model:
    Date of Purchase:
    Defects: Yes/ No (If yes, pls specify)
    Named: Yes/ No
    AD: Local/ Overseas
    Pics (Original photo of watch you're selling):

had been discussed thousand of times, seem like no enforcement no compliance. lol

Comment

the suggested format is only a recommendation.......

we leave it to the sellers to decide how to position and advertise their items for sale....
      the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
      visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by surestik View Post
        had been discussed thousand of times, seem like no enforcement no compliance. lol
        we can only suggest so hopefully the mods will start to enforce stricter rules on selling.

Comment

Noted the format !

Comment

The answer is clear. Mod already stated their intent

Dino

Comment

Frankly speaking lah...if a person has intention to cheat,there are ways to go about the system. Caveat Emptor..thats all we can say.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Frankly speaking lah...if a person has intention to cheat,there are ways to go about the system. Caveat Emptor..thats all we can say.
                You are absolutely RIGHT. But, what the members here are suggesting or trying to improve the system, is to try to bring the risks down to a bare minimum. There's no way that you can eliminate the risks totally.

With all the discussions, feedbacks or polls etc....... I think it's back to square one.

Dino

Comment

I agree with you that suggestions are to improve the system.

however, currently we are really short handed as we only have 4 active part-time mods. already we are occassionally being harassed with questions why is it this seller can post 4 threads here and why is mine move to private dealer. besides this, we are also have quite a number of pm to reply regarding various issues.

if anyone is willing to give us a helping hand, we can implement this suggestion.

the mods still have not come to consensus about if a thread without picture, what do the mods do with the thread?
                  delete?
                  pm the seller to ask for pictures?

what happens if seller post the item for sale without pic and the watch got sold before any mods can act on it?

comments are welcome.

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
                  You are absolutely RIGHT. But, what the members here are suggesting or trying to improve the system, is to try to bring the risks down to a bare minimum. There's no way that you can eliminate the risks totally.

With all the discussions, feedbacks or polls etc....... I think it's back to square one.

Dino
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Dino! Dino! Dino!
                    [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by caeden View Post
                      Dino! Dino! Dino!
                      He gets an OK vote from me

Comment

Originally posted by caeden View Post
                        Dino! Dino! Dino!
                        Are you calling me? How can I help you?

Dino

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                          I agree with you that suggestions are to improve the system.

however, currently we are really short handed as we only have 4 active part-time mods. already we are occassionally being harassed with questions why is it this seller can post 4 threads here and why is mine move to private dealer. besides this, we are also have quite a number of pm to reply regarding various issues.

if anyone is willing to give us a helping hand, we can implement this suggestion.

the mods still have not come to consensus about if a thread without picture, what do the mods do with the thread?
                          delete?
                          pm the seller to ask for pictures?

what happens if seller post the item for sale without pic and the watch got sold before any mods can act on it?

comments are welcome.
                          IMHO, I think it's very straight forward. You are the master of the house. You set the rules. If anyone steps in & messes around, you kick him out. Simple & straight forward.

If you have set the rule that every sale post must have at least one photo of the actual watch, then if the seller did not comply, you can either delete it straight away or a grace period would be given. These again, should be stated clearly in your rules & regulations. Just like if a member ups a seller's post, Mod would then issue a warning to the member. This is just one of your rules & regulations.

In the event that the watch was sold before he puts up the photo, you would still act accordingly to your rules & regulations. The seller would not even bother if it's deleted or not since his watch was sold.

Mods should set the records straight & not give 50-50 response. If not, members would always be discussing this matter with no ends. And, all future discussions on these would become meaningless.

Dino

Comment

So you are implying that every seller must have a picture of the watch ready, if they can't produce it in time and item is sold, seller's thread gets deleted. makes no difference. then what is the penalty? we mods cannot come into consensus that is why we are seeking opinion.

also, as mentioned, we are short handed. who would like to volunteer to help us out? we need someone who can login daily and monitor the sales threads consistently since it is pretty fast moving.

In the event that the watch was sold before he puts up the photo, you would still act accordingly to your rules & regulations. The seller would not even bother if it's deleted or not since his watch was sold.

Dino
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

IMHO, I think it's very straight forward. You are the master of the house. You set the rules. If anyone steps in & messes around, you kick him out. Simple & straight forward.

If you have set the rule that every sale post must have at least one photo of the actual watch, then if the seller did not comply, you can either delete it straight away or a grace period would be given. These again, should be stated clearly in your rules & regulations. Just like if a member ups a seller's post, Mod would then issue a warning to the member. This is just one of your rules & regulations.

Mods should set the records straight & not give 50-50 response. If not, members would always be discussing this matter with no ends. And, all future discussions on these would become meaningless.

Dino
                              Hey Dino,

Ok if we were to go ahead with the plan as suggested. 1 thing necessary, manpower.

Manpower as we stated earlier, we are running low on it and I will be starting my attachment next week, so that means only in the evening then I will be able to be online. That means it's gonna get LOWER.

Besides that, need your suggestion on what penalties you think they should be slapped with.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X