price in FS posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price in FS posts

Can we please have a price requirement for people selling items in the garage sales section. It is damn irritating to have to PM the TS just for price.

Also please state currency if selling in other currency ie. US$, JPY, RMB, AU$ etc.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    Can we please have a price requirement for people selling items in the garage sales section. It is damn irritating to have to PM the TS just for price.

Also please state currency if selling in other currency ie. US$, JPY, RMB, AU$ etc.
    Yes bro..good idea..
    Maybe we can come up with a standard way to post items for salelike
    items description must include xxx,xxx,xxx
    and prices must be indicated with a minimum selling price and if auction based or fixed price
    SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

YEs I have to agree....everytime ask is damn irritating...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

if you are unsure, just take a look at the garage sales,and you see what i mean, then you get useless posts like "what you looking at" or "how much" or "PM me your price"

This is my proposal format:

Brand: Rolex
        Model: 116233
        Serial #: M123XXX (~2008)
        Box: Yes, with hand tags
        Papers: Yes, undated and no name filled
        Comments: hairline scratches on bracelet due to office work. Last service by RSC on 02/01/2008 with warranty until 2009

Price: AU$5000 (fixed) OR (auction $50 increments; ending 01/06/2008)
        Verification available: Yes, at buyer expense.
        Phone #/E-mail: <fill in details as required>

Pics <attach yourself>

So now at one glance, everyone know what you are selling, the condition, and how much you want. no need to have ding dong PM/email/post asking stupid questions.
        Last edited by seiko.citizen; 10-05-08, 12:16 PM.
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Totally agree. Stating expected price should be a must!!
          Current Collection:
          Oris Big Crown TT mid size
          Rado Florence (Quatz-movement)
          Rolex GMTII 16710 (Y-series) Coke (For Sale)
          Seiko Samurai White Dial on White Mini Monster Strap
          Seiko SKX007 K2 Jubilee Bracelet
          Rolex 116234 Datejust (V-series) Silver Jubilee Dial Diamond Markers

Comment

Good Suggestion

A user-friendly specimen for everyone .
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i understand where you coming from

in fact, price for sale template has been posted in the sticky. however, it seems that many people either did not read about it or.....

i think what can be done (hopefuly) is that when they click on new post in this section, it will display a template so that they just need to select the information/ type in mandatory fields. if they do not, they are not able to do so.

louisoh, maybe we can take this offline and discuss.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                i understand where you coming from

in fact, price for sale template has been posted in the sticky. however, it seems that many people either did not read about it or.....

i think what can be done (hopefuly) is that when they click on new post in this section, it will display a template so that they just need to select the information/ type in mandatory fields. if they do not, they are not able to do so.

louisoh, maybe we can take this offline and discuss.
                i also never read, but at least it is understandable for me since I have yet to sell anything.
                Maybe have a form with the option "other" and you have to have their comments in there too. Maybe if i have time I give you a sample template, and you can insert programming code later.

We want to give the seller freedom, but it must be efficient. This is not efficient, where people have to ask for price, somemore some people dont answer their PM, or not online long enough to answer, somemore, some may not have a prompt, thus they may overlook.
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

good point, my 2 cents.....

am for a full disclosure of price regardless of currency.

if you look at most of the established and credible forums (for whatever items and not just watches) - pricing is a must otherwise your ad is removed/banned. and no blanket prices and nonsense things like $56xx or $3?99.

the reason is simple - thee must be some form of transparency With respect to price. if you reply on email and PM etc, the seller can then collate and sell to highest bidder or play with all parties on the pricing and dilly dalley tactics etc etc. not exactly ethical and fair trading.

as for the description, the responsibility is up to the seller.
                  if its something obscure and not common, coupled with poor description or information, this is detriment to the seller directly.

the only reason the moderators should enforce/suggest good description is to improve the quality of content of the forum.

Comment

u never read/notice then also bo bian liao. that is why there are stickies but users dont want to read or dont bother to read. anyway ur feedback is similar to mine, so can add on.

it is not so much about the form u provide, but rather does this board/forum allow such things to be done. that is why need to take it offline with louis who is currently busy with personal things.

i believe on monday can try to work something

i also never read, but at least it is understandable for me since I have yet to sell anything.
                    Maybe have a form with the option "other" and you have to have their comments in there too. Maybe if i have time I give you a sample template, and you can insert programming code later.

We want to give the seller freedom, but it must be efficient. This is not efficient, where people have to ask for price, somemore some people dont answer their PM, or not online long enough to answer, somemore, some may not have a prompt, thus they may overlook.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Excellent suggestion... now need to figure how to go about implementing it...any suggestions?
                      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

a rule that says that if the following format not abide, the thread is deleted. sounds simple enough.
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                          u never read/notice then also bo bian liao. that is why there are stickies but users dont want to read or dont bother to read. anyway ur feedback is similar to mine, so can add on.

it is not so much about the form u provide, but rather does this board/forum allow such things to be done. that is why need to take it offline with louis who is currently busy with personal things.

i believe on monday can try to work something
                          actually... like i said, since i never post there, i dont notice still understandable, but for those who are posting, please for god sake, read the stickies.

In that case, i will scrap the form, rather just force people to use the template (with modifications). Afterall, they can still add comments, so they can tell us their sad stories, or whatever it is.

Understandable that louis is busy, and we dont want to pressure him into doing so. Maybe we can agree on a mod who will take care of the garage sales section. Thus he can just sit there and moderate leaving the other crew more time to moderate other things.

As usual just my A$0.02
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

No la.. i'm ok.. juz tat i was overseas during the wkend..

Or maybe i can start editing the posts to reflect the standard template tat seiko.citizen gave..... change the sticky with the new template and i'm sure members will start to take notice of this new 'rule'...
                            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

cannot amend all lah. it is too time consuming
                              Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                              No la.. i'm ok.. juz tat i was overseas during the wkend..

Or maybe i can start editing the posts to reflect the standard template tat seiko.citizen gave..... change the sticky with the new template and i'm sure members will start to take notice of this new 'rule'...

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X