Seeking Advice : iTrader system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Advice : iTrader system

Users can now leave feedback for both buyers/sellers after there is a transaction...

Your feedbacks can be found on the top right corner of all your posts (juz below your total number of posts) and also the bottom right corner.

Sellers can also leave negative feed back if buyer ask to reserve and did not complete the transaction with evidence as in PM or Quote .
    Last edited by ohlins; 23-05-09, 12:24 PM.

Originally posted by marineguy8888
    Sellers can also leave negative feed back if buyer ask to reserve and did not complete the transaction with evidence as in PM or Quote .
    can we give negative feedback for those ask for quotation (although they didn't say they want to buy or not)...then go MIA..seller make efforts to contact them several times but they simply have no courtesy to even say want or not? just went dead...poof!!
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
      can we give negative feedback for those ask for quotation (although they didn't say they want to buy or not)...then go MIA..seller make efforts to contact them several times but they simply have no courtesy to even say want or not? just went dead...poof!!
      We think all sellers must be prepared for potential buyers to ask for prices, negotiate and bargain as long as it's done fairly and not excessively.

We take it that if the potential buyer doesn't make an effort to contact seller about the item, then he/she is not keen in it. And buyer will move on to offer to other potential buyers .

Having said that, when the buye r has confirmed that he/she wants the item, the buyer should make sure seller gets it .

We are further fine tuning the system and will be announced when decided .
      1675/16610/116234/78240
      Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
      Hublot BB ASF
      PAM 104J
      Sinn 903 H2
      Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
      U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
      If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Reference Check Thread

Hi,

I was wondering if we can create it for the benefit of buyer and seller. Something similar to paneristi.com where buyers often make enquiries on a seller for reputation whatsoever. May be in the Garage Sales Thread?

Thank you.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i believe that is the "iTrader" function.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

We already have mah...

Or you want a whole section on Good/Bad sellers

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

haha,i asked this b4 sometime bk..
              Last edited by triton; 16-10-08, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Botched/Good Deals Section

I suggest to have a "Botched/Good Deals" Section to allow WIS to voice their experience and let others to learn.

Simple rule(s) should apply to keep the harmony of the Forum:

1. No specific names for individuals or companies. Description of locale and building premises, type of watch, price, permissible. If rule broken, the whole thread is closed.

2. This section is not a resolution centre. The transaction between buyer and seller is private and therefore, do NOT have the expectation that Mods are "Judges".

3. To some extend, some other forums have a "blacklist" sticky - but I think we do not have that here in SG-ROC yet.

This will compliment the existing iTrader system.
                "Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. And it will leave you unfulfilled."

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."

"If we aren't willing to pay a price for our values, then we should ask ourselves whether we truly believe in them at all."

"先天下之忧而忧 , 后天下之乐而乐"

Comment

no use 1 la. censorship strong here. say wrong thinks got wack. say correct thinks also wack. here, must say beauty things, pple like to hear 1.

Comment

your suggestion is feasible. however there are some considerations

1) what guidelines do you proposed so that it will not end up into a bashing session?

2) there is always other people who will want to put their comments that will escalate the situation?

3) i take it that it is applicable to both sellers and buyers.
                    since there will be sellers who has grouses against buyers?

if no specific individual, then users are always allowed to post a thread. something like 6694 watch buying experience like i did. if it does not state individual then it will not complement the iTrader system
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi Triton

Thanks for your feedback. I will think about what you have mentioned and see if I can come up with something that is more constructive to the SG-ROC community and improve the buying and selling experience.

Cheers!
                      "Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. And it will leave you unfulfilled."

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."

"If we aren't willing to pay a price for our values, then we should ask ourselves whether we truly believe in them at all."

"先天下之忧而忧 , 后天下之乐而乐"

Comment

The current rating system is in my view the most appropriate.

It provides a good snapshot of the trading record of specific individuals. The feedbacks on trades captured in a specific thread as this can serve to supplement or even augment the rating system.

However the current rating system is only good if there is an audacity to give honest feedback on a transaction that has gone not so well. At it is, everyone seems to have only perfect scores. There are of course consequences for this boldness, namely endless exchanges to defend oneself or justify oneself. Moderators will have a delicate task. To close a thread when the arguments get badly heated curtails discussion which in turn prevents facts from unfolding. To allow a thread to run without intervention may be an invitation to anarchy. So, one option, is to allow a specific time
                        frame to ventilate, say 48 hours, and after that no more.

Moreover, I feel moderators should not be made to reverse a rating. They are not party to the transactions. They may do so only if a rating that has been given is obviously not trade related or crude.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                          your suggestion is feasible. however there are some considerations

1) what guidelines do you proposed so that it will not end up into a bashing session?

2) there is always other people who will want to put their comments that will escalate the situation?

3) i take it that it is applicable to both sellers and buyers.
                          since there will be sellers who has grouses against buyers?

if no specific individual, then users are always allowed to post a thread. something like 6694 watch buying experience like i did. if it does not state individual then it will not complement the iTrader system
                          Bro i agree with u as what i said earlier, opening a thread to explain is good but there will many ppl who will wanna add comments, be it of real concern or just to add fuel to fire. so only the involved parties can input comments and moderators to close thread if the thread is getting out of hand. example (vulgarity, unrelated to topic) and i also agree with bro oyster that moderators should not change ratings cause they may not know the true story, but if found out no trade has taken place, moderators can change rating, like in my case that happened long ago because only they have the power to do so and rightfully so.

Comment

Seeiking Advice : iTrader system

i have receive feedback from several members on iTrader system. sg-roc does acknowledge that the system does have flaws.

a deal is not transacted, a buyer/seller leaves a negative remark on seller/buyer. this system does not seem fair.

solution: all iTrader feedback will require user to put in the url of the link of the sales threads. it will be moderated. a wrong link will warrant NO feedback. why? this is to counter buyer leaving negative feedback prior to transaction

sg-roc would like to hear from you if you have any suggestions to improve on the system
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

If you ask me.....

My suggestion is that the system should only allow good feedback or positives.
                              If a transaction go sour, then any party can raise it up in a separate thread.

So, everyone only gives a good feedback or no feedback. Happy give good. Not happy, don't give. Or others just don't bother.

Unless I am a dealer or very regular seller, this function does not tell me much whether I am a buyer or seller cos most deal are local face to face deals.

Overseas deals then maybe more important for feedback.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X