No announcement yet.

Why is a polished watch listed as LNIB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is a polished watch listed as LNIB?

I recently saw an ad here of a used watch that is being polished, and then advertised as LNIB (Like New In Box). I thought LNIB is referring to a watch that is never polished, no marks whatsover, plastics all intact, and physically no difference to Brand New IN Box. Only difference is that the bracelet may be resized or the watch has been worn, thus making it Used.

Also, many people are against polishing, especially gold watches, since it makes the watch thinner. From my knowledge, the order has to be :

1. BNIB (Brand New, Never Worn, Never Resized, 100%)
    2. LNIB (Like Brand New Condition, Worn, Resized, Used, 99%)
    3. Mint (Few marks, never polished, 95%)
    4. Very good condition. (90%)

Can some experts clarify this?

Such terms were discussed here previously. Do a search and read them. I think different people; different interpretation.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Yeah, apart from BNIB which is quite straight forward, the rest are subject to interpretation as bro oceanklassik said. The condition of a same used watch could result in different rating (%) by different people.

And I don't agree with TS definition of "mint" - read my earlier thread

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=54746&highlight=
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Such terms were discussed here previously. Do a search and read them. I think different people; different interpretation.
        I think there has to be a standard interpretation. Like in TZ (timezone), Mint is 97% or above. I had bought from several repuatable sellers overseas, and these people often understate the condition of the watch. For example, if the watch is Mint, they will usually state "Very Good Condition".

Comment

I'm sure there is but there will still be different perceptions and interpretations of it. How do you actually derive a 'mint' 30 years-old watch vs a 'mint' 30 days-old watch?
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Why not make it compulsary to post pics in the Buy/Sell forum since a picture speaks a thousand words?

Comment

Originally posted by Ontime View Post
              Why not make it compulsary to post pics in the Buy/Sell forum since a picture speaks a thousand words?
              This topic don't know 'wack' how many times here already

You search and read, can?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i believe that BNIB is clear enough for most people if not all to comprehend.

LNIB, Mint, etc is subjective. other forums can state how many percent like new. honestly, what is 80% to me can be 90% for someone else, as such, sg-roc does not want to follow other forums to have guidelines.

so if there is no picture cannot post? what difference is there if a seller provides a blur picture, it is as good as not posting a picture right?

as for picture to be posted, it is already listed as strongly encouraged, however, there will be members who say i dont know how to link and post. as a result, i have wrote a user guide and place it in new member section.

if i see a watch sale thread without picture, i wont bother unless i am interested. i just move on to the next thread. decision to post picture is up to seller.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  This topic don't know 'wack' how many times here already

You search and read, can?
                  As you see, I am a new member. Just like many members who don't know how to link their pics into the Buy/Sell forum, I have not tried to use the search function yet. Yes, it was wrong on my part to start a thread that have been raised before before using the search function, but I certainly would appreciate it very much if you can tell me nicely, and be more tolerant to a new member.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    if i see a watch sale thread without picture, i wont bother unless i am interested. i just move on to the next thread. decision to post picture is up to seller.
                    Exactly...! That's why I wonder why people don't post pics or post better pics if they really want to sell their watch. It definetely impoves their sale a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontime View Post
                      As you see, I am a new member. Just like many members who don't know how to link their pics into the Buy/Sell forum, I have not tried to use the search function yet. Yes, it was wrong on my part to start a thread that have been raised before before using the search function, but I certainly would appreciate it very much if you can tell me nicely, and be more tolerant to a new member.
                      "Tell me nicely" . I only asked you to search and read up, and did not mean to be rude in any way le . How did you conclude my tone to be rude . The prob with conversing online is that every individual, especially those unknown to one another, will receive words/phrases in varying meanings and perceptions. These derive confusion, misunderstanding, miscommunication.

So as not to cause further miscomm, my tone in the earlier post is a friendly one

Tx.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thumbsup for mod Oceanklassik for such patience and helpfulness

I would probably not react the same manner as you just did
                        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X